Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Build-A-Bear Pony Plushies

Lady Leopardess

(edited)

Costs me more. Especially with the shipping to Canada. I also checked the canadian stores too, and the site is no help.

Is there not a Canadian build a bear website?  That's strange you can't buy stuff online from there...

Edited by Lady Leopardess

Now all the ponies have their own 6-1 / 7-1 sayings you can get! 

I just hope the web sites "limited supply" isn't another Pinkie Pie thing where they're limited edition...

ugh...

I so cannot afford them atm, but I WANT THEM SO BAD....

Need Twilight, Pinkie, and RD...

Think I'm-a-calling the store tomorrow....

Got Rainbow Dash last night.  She's awesome though I wish her hair wasn't so ahdfadlfdklfdjafdfd.  Got in my head to get Pinkie today so I went to a different BaB today and got her lol.  I didn't get any of the voices though.  Pinkie's pink and all so I couldn't help it and got her a bubblegum scent wafer.  I didn't get them clothes b/c honestly I prefer them without clothes.  I did not mean it THAT way lol.  Even when my sister used to get stuff from there I'm like why do stuffed animals need clothes?  Got my gf at the time a dog once and only got him reindeer antlers and a nose wouldn't get him clothes.  I'm weird I guess.  I want Applejack for sure.  I'm kinda afraid I may have to get them all though.  Where I'm gonna hide them idk lol.  Maybe because I'm new but I don't like Twilight with wings so I kinda don't want her...we'll see lol.

And I asked the guy who made my Pinkie if they were going to discontinue any of them anytime soon and he was like ha no way they're our best sellers.  Soo gives us all time to save up the money.   And I just realized last night that the founding store is only an hour away from me which is kinda neat.  Maybe I'll make my next one over there lol.  

• Brohoof 1

Forgot to say it here, went to the nearest store (still over an hour away... rural life hurts sometimes..) and they had all 3!

got them installed and out to the parking let.. and pinkie didn't work! Had to go back and have hers redone! :(

heh, people of course looking at me as I walk in with 3 big plush ponies under my arms :)

I should put on one of my Navy uniforms and do it sometime just for laughs...

@@Dashtastic57

Be careful on that, TMK they didn't know that Pinkie was limited edition originally! But also don't be a fool if one does go limited again, I'm sure a lot of people are upset after paying $200+ for Pinkie on ebay now! :P

As to their clothes.. the only ones worth getting for them IMO are their Gala/Wedding/Coronation dresses. They aren't the best, and lack the shoes proper to each.. but they're doable, and fixable with some work...

oh right now I recall what else I was gonna say.. (yeah I forgot and picked out those 2 in the mean time) You can "fix" rainbows hair a bit with a decent comb. Just be careful as that fake hair's ends damage easily :( On the plus though.. damaged ends kind of makes her look more authentic... Rainbow having scraggly hair to begin with and all... heh...

Forgot to say it here, went to the nearest store (still over an hour away... rural life hurts sometimes..) and they had all 3!

got them installed and out to the parking let.. and pinkie didn't work! Had to go back and have hers redone! :(

heh, people of course looking at me as I walk in with 3 big plush ponies under my arms :)

I should put on one of my Navy uniforms and do it sometime just for laughs...

@@Dashtastic57

Be careful on that, TMK they didn't know that Pinkie was limited edition originally! But also don't be a fool if one does go limited again, I'm sure a lot of people are upset after paying $200+ for Pinkie on ebay now! :P

As to their clothes.. the only ones worth getting for them IMO are their Gala/Wedding/Coronation dresses. They aren't the best, and lack the shoes proper to each.. but they're doable, and fixable with some work...

oh right now I recall what else I was gonna say.. (yeah I forgot and picked out those 2 in the mean time) You can "fix" rainbows hair a bit with a decent comb. Just be careful as that fake hair's ends damage easily :( On the plus though.. damaged ends kind of makes her look more authentic... Rainbow having scraggly hair to begin with and all... heh...

I feel ya on the rural thing lol.  Went to 2 stores in less than 24 hours both an hour away from my house.  Not gonna pretend it wasn't dumb but it was an adventure nonetheless lol.  A Military guy eh?  That's awesome.  Love to see someone say something to a man in uniform carrying ponies.  Probably blow their minds.  

I have 13 bjds all with fake hair wigs so I have some experience with fake hair lol. I have a little metal dog brush to keep the static down.  I figured "plastic" on plastic wouldn't work well.  I still remember watching my sister almost rip a dolls head off trying to brush their hair with those stupid brushes lol.  Do you think the hair could be styled with a curler/straightener on low? I'd love to give Dash a more show accurate look.  On another note, I love Pinkie's curly hair. Not gonna touch it with a brush lol.

Adding the Rainbow Dash's 7-in-1 sayings to Rainbow Dash plush will make it a lot cooler just like making fluttershy more cuter and adorable with 6-in-1 sayings. I checked out the 7-in-1 sayings from site, but they just had the introduction for princess twilight sparkle, pinkie, and rainbow dash. Back at the store, I just heard a lot of their sayings than the usual from the site.

This was probably a good marketing scheme. Imagine how much doh Hasbro got from this.

TBH think of how much they're getting in general from third party, high quality, products based on this show!

And yet they STILL as a company insist its a "A show for little girls" and their own products match that sentiment. In this I mean check out their line of toys for girls vs boys.. girls stuff = horribly inaccurate and cheap, boys stuff = often well detailed and higher quality.

Even the first party made Comic-con exclusive Vinyl Scratch with the crystals.... hollow cheap vinyl. the kind the little brushables are made of.. So disappointed :/

No wonder they didn't sell well..

• Brohoof 1

That is quite funny because on the website it has TOYS 18+ MATURE. And I'm thinking it is something sick like sex toys or something really dirty, but it was really just the exact same thing as 12+. They want to deny that the show is "right" for boys to watch, but without us, they wouldn't be making so much money. I doubt the 7 year old girls the show was aimed at actually could afford or save up for all of this stuff. Lauren Faust and actors like Tara Strong are just fine with bronies and grown men/women taking an interest in the show. Why must Hasbro cover themselves and say "It's for all those girls out there", because I bet not even half of these build-a-bear plushies went to 7 year old girls.

TAKEN FROM HASBRO'S MLP:FIM PAGE ON THE WEBSITE:

"Welcome to the My little pony website! Find great toys for girls with all the my little pony characters.

Have fun with all these wonderful girl toys from Hasbro!"

Notice the emphasis on GIRL.

Now why couldn't they have it WITHOUT the GIRL(S) like this?:

"Welcome to the My little pony website! Find great My little pony toys of all the My little pony characters.

Have fun with all these wonderful toys from your friend Hasbro!"

That would have been better

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 2

That is quite funny because on the website it has TOYS 18+ MATURE.

What web site?

I'm guessing maybe Hasbro's and in regard to the vinyl scratch figure?  They put a "not a toy" (its actually on the case...) label on it to cover their own hides.

The glass crystals all over its face could come loose and choke a kid, or even be sharp edged and cause really bad cuts. It also has a solid mane and tail making it more solid than hasbro's usual. But the rest is hollow vinyl. It also has electrical components in the base for the lights. But nothing special. Oh.. and its SCREWED DOWN to the base.. yeah that makes total sense.. could've just had a peg or something.. but since its hollow.. probably wouldn't have worked :(  

However, almost all of these can be found on a boys toy from the same company no less... at far far lower prices, and marketed as toys....  The only exception being the pathetic glass crystals from the already over priced "Swarovski" place there... They are literally nothing special...

Edited by GrimCW

"Welcome to the My little pony website! Find great toys for girls with all the my little pony characters.

Have fun with all these wonderful girl toys from Hasbro!"

Wait, they really, actually BOLDED the words girl on their page?  Wow, talk about shunning the majority of your fanbase.  Smooooth stuff Hasbro.

Made Fluttershy and Twilight today at the founding Build a Bear store at the St Louis Galleria.  The girl asked me if I wanted them to stand and I told her to stuff them as full as she could.  Dashy isn't quite as plump and full as Pinkie was so I wanted to make sure my two new one were good and solid.  Having made some plushie's myself, I've learned to stuff them a little past what you think is full cause the stuffing will generally settle.  Well I think she did good.  If she would have put anymore stuffing in them I think they might have popped lol.  I like how they offset Fluttershy's mane so it sits right on her head.  And I'm glad they gave Twilight the bangs like she has.  Maybe it's cause I'm new but I don't like Twilight with wings, but I'm not gonna cut em off so they're eh.  

A lady getting a pink elephant (haha) while my ponies were being made asked me if they were going to be "bro-ponies."  When I said yes, she said it was awesome and she'd have to tell her friend from work cause they talk about them a lot.  And the when I asked the girl if many guys come in and make ponies she said actually more than you'd think, so that was kinda cool.  

Sorry for the ramble lol....there is no one else to talk to about ponies but everyone on here.  

• Brohoof 2

@@Dashtastic57,

Sad part is though.. I think their machine won't let it go past a certain pressure/amount of fluff...

On the plus.. The people at my BaB anyways, probably wouldn't be against restuffing them some more should they settle. 

If ya wanna talk ponies at random, look some of us up on STEAM and other services :P

Then ya can ramble on and not be worried! :)

@Dashtastic57 - GrimCW does have a point. The Maximum Height is 15in for fluttershy and 16ins for (Princess) Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie pie and probably the weight is most likely to be 14 ounces for fluttershy and probably 15 ounces for (Princess) Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. I dunno What will happen if you overstuff it, but I'm guessing that the BaB workshop Staff wouldn't go beyond the height and weight limit so apparently 20in on height (which it happened to be large or jumbo size) is out of the question. I didn't do well for my 1st time there because I have to keep asking questions about the products and How the store works. The Next time when you buy a Build-a-Bear Pony Plushie, Just ask if they can check if your pony plushie can stand still. I'm pretty much the same page as you because I bought my Fluttershy Plush with fluttershy's 6-in-1 sayings, her gala dress, and shoes for $65.95 for all. Probably I saved that much while it was on after christmas sale.

@KirbyFluttershy

Oh don't worry they all stand just fine lol.  When I made Rainbow Dash the lady asked if I wanted her to stand on her own she just didn't fill her quite as full as the guy who made Pinkie the next day.  Dash isn't wrong per se I just prefer the way Pinkie (and now Twilight and Fluttershy) were stuffed.  After the girl turned off the machine today and asked me how they were she said she could stuff some more, but I was afraid they'd pop their seams.  LIke TS and FS's feet kinda puff out on the bottom they're so full lol.  And did anyone else notice how TS and FS have MLP logo on their foot while PP and RD don't?  

Just ask if they can check if your pony plushie can stand still.

The people at mine did this on their own :), in fact, they asked me if it was for sleeping, or shelving :D . But I think what Dashtastic was on about is how the fluff "settles" over time. Meaning that they can become somewhat.. floppy.. as time goes on. And I have seen this to some degree in my first two (RD and Twi) about their legs. Especially after a few cuddles and playing with the sound boxes :)

What I mean is that the pressure in the machine that stuffs them is probably pre-set and won't let them stuff past a certain amount without stopping automatically.

@KirbyFluttershy

Oh don't worry they all stand just fine lol.  When I made Rainbow Dash the lady asked if I wanted her to stand on her own she just didn't fill her quite as full as the guy who made Pinkie the next day.  Dash isn't wrong per se I just prefer the way Pinkie (and now Twilight and Fluttershy) were stuffed.  After the girl turned off the machine today and asked me how they were she said she could stuff some more, but I was afraid they'd pop their seams.  LIke TS and FS's feet kinda puff out on the bottom they're so full lol.  And did anyone else notice how TS and FS have MLP logo on their foot while PP and RD don't?

Yeah, they stuffed my flutters a bit too much in the feet.... It took me 30 min to get her shoes on XD.... Still waiting on funds for the rest

So I emailed Build a Bear the other day asking about possibly putting sounds in my ponies after I'd already made them and then since I had their ear I asked about Applejack and Rarity and this was their response.

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for contacting us.  Our guests may choose to add a sound in any one of our Workshops  You can visit any store location to add this sound device to your furry friend.

Ponies are available until supplies last so you may want to contact your local Workshop to determine their inventory level.  At this time, we do not have plans to release additional Ponies.  However, we are always open to suggestions from our Guests and we will be happy to pass this along to our Development Team for review.  Thank you again for sharing this with us.  Please let us know if we can further assist you!

Thank you!

Why would they release 4 ponies and not all 6?  Did they learn to not like money now? lol .  Maybe they just mean they plan to release them later.  Or I entertained the scenario today that maybe they are unhappy with all the Brony attention and want to cater to the children...idk.  It will suck big time if they don't make the other two.  Our collections will forever be incomplete.  ugh

• 1 year later...

Super  excited that Build a Bear came out with Luna, Cadance and Shining Armor this month! I ordered them and now am just awaiting their arrival!

I now have the complete set of them (with their outfits and some of the sounds)

All the mane 6 

All of the CMC

Trixie and Zecora

All 3 Princesses and Shining Armor! 

I wonder if they plan to do more?