Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Build-A-Bear Pony Plushies

Lady Leopardess

I went on april 1st with my mom at around 11am to build a bear and got both pinkie pie and rainbow dash. It was rather quiet with some kids in the store and another teen girl getting both pinkie pie and rainbow dash stuffed by an employee in front of me.

I wanted the nicest looking ones so I rummaged in there bins where they placed the empty carcasses of the rainbow dash and pinkie pie plushies, and tried to pick the nice looking ones. 

It had been a while since I went to build a bear and since forget the rituals the workers there make you do when you bring your bears or rather ponies to life. When you first pick your bear or pony or whatever character they have available at build a bear they are empty carcasses waiting to be filled. They then begin stuffing the bear for you and ask if you want it to be soft or extra firm. I picked firm since I didn't want my bear to be flimsy lol Then there is this ritual where you pick these small hearts to put inside your pony. Then they tell you to warm them up in your hands,kiss it,rub it on your cheeks and make sure your smiling so your pony wont be a grumpy pony XD Then they make you make a wish on it then they finally let you place the heart inside the pony before they stitch it up. Though having the plushies all filled and pony like in my arms was so awesome. Then they tell you to give it a bath at the bathing station. Its a station where they have nozzles that shoot air at your bears and they also have brushes to brush the fur of your bear. 

After that you can then decide if you want to cloth your bear or pony. I picked the rainbow gala dress for rainbow dash and yellow wedding dress for pinkie pie img-1337281-2-smile.png I know they had the theme box sound box that you can put into your pony but I choose not too. I remember putting a sound box in my first build a bear which was Mumble from happy feet and over time the sound box began to go really bad. You can also even give scents to your pony if you want~ Then after deciding what to cloth your bear or pony you have to make a birth certificate for them. You even get to name your ponies whatever you like. I just went with their actual names though when making my birth certificates. 

Then after that you just go pay for your pony and they give you a box to hold your pony and give you the certificate you made~ 

I met up with the vancouver brony meetup later in the afternoon and went to build a bear with them too that same day. We sang the my little pony theme song in the build a bear store haha Many in the group made pinkie pie and rainbow dash~

The plushies are really big but very well made. The brushable manes are really nice too. Build a bear even offers a mlp brush you can buy with your pony~ 

I just really recommend buying them while you can. I hear that in August they will be coming out with more ponies if these Ponie sell really well~

I'd just like to say,

at least with me , they didn't have me do the whole ritual with the heart ( not that I didn't want to) . So depending on the employee or probably if you ask, then you don't have to do the ritual if you feel uncomfortable about it. I know I saw one brony just grab one of the display prestuffed ones as well.(he asked first though).

Just curious did you get the leaflet that included about styling their hair? It was quite busy when I went and I wasn't able to get one.

It's not really a pony leaflet, almost all of it is about styling the creepy wigs you can buy for the bear type plush. On one tiny folded section there's a small photo and guide for styling Pinkie's hair up in a twisted ponytail that kinda makes her look very 1930's. Then a photo of Dash with a ponytail and a basic explanation of a ponytail.

The entire thing is the size of a bookmark.

Guys.

So I went to the mall on Monday, and I was like, "Oh! Let's look at Build a Bear and see if they have the ponies in there!"

So we try to find it.

Turns out that they closed the Build a Bear at the mall. Depressing.

• Brohoof 2

Got my Pinkie Pie yesterday for my birthday (which was on Tuesday).  I must say I am shocked by how big she is.  I can't stop squeeing and hugging her, she is just so darn cute!!!!  I did her hair up, the worker didn't do anything to her (besides stuff her).  She even has a plaid heart!!  Didn't get her any clothes, since they usually don't wear clothes and I am not too fond of the idea of ponies wearing shoes (socks is one thing, but shoes on hooves???).  I also got an MLP brush, but I did up her hair by hand to make it look as wild as can be.  I wasn't impressed with them at first when they announced a few months ago, but I wanted a Pinkie Pie so bad (depression cure) and upon seeing them in person, I am thouroughly impressed.  Still not a fan of "brushable" hair but on Pinkie, it looks pretty canon, and it seems like she has more hair than the Rainbow Dash ones.  I spent about 10 minutes going through the Pinkie bins trying to find one that had best proportional face and embroidery.  I love her <3

In this pic, she's with my three legged cat, Treben.  He seems to like her too, and I got this perfect picture when he was checking her out.  Doesn't give the best view on her size but I have other pics on my tumblr.  Check them out if you are curious. 

tumblr_mkuka9c34R1rtc27so3_1280.jpg

• Brohoof 1

OMG... they're so adorable! I was actually only alerted to the fact that they exist by a friend on Facebook who posted a picture. I was like "OMG!!! I've so got to have one!!!"

I still don't have one... =( I wouldn't even know which to pick... Even though I like Pinkie Pie more than Rainbow Dash, I think they're both well-done and I like rainbows. xD

Dash was looking so cute on my desk I just had to take another picture.  I heard there are going to be two more ponies out in a couple months.  Someone said Fluttershy was one of them and I heard someone bring up Twilight.  Anyone else hear of anything like this? I haven't looked into it yet.

post-8510-0-03512500-1365390455_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Dash was looking so cute on my desk I just had to take another picture.  I heard there are going to be two more ponies out in a couple months.  Someone said Fluttershy was one of them and I heard someone bring up Twilight.  Anyone else hear of anything like this? I haven't looked into it yet.

So far BAB is denying it ( in the sense they're saying they don't have any current plans for more ponies)

However if I see them post anything official I'll make sure to post about it. ^_^

So far BAB is denying it ( in the sense they're saying they don't have any current plans for more ponies) However if I see them post anything official I'll make sure to post about it. happy.png

Thanks, If they do I'm so there the first day they're out.  I actually took the day off work to go get Dash and Pinkie with my daughter when they came out.  Probably won't get that chance again but we'll see.

Thanks, If they do I'm so there the first day they're out.  I actually took the day off work to go get Dash and Pinkie with my daughter when they came out.  Probably won't get that chance again but we'll see.

Yup , I keep up with the latest plush news (although i only take it straight from the company ie Build a Bear and Funrise

Yeah I got lucky and had April fools day off from work ^_^

Got my Dashie yesterday at Alderwood mall in Lynwood, WA, glad they had tons of ponies left. Seriously the quality is amazing! I am not really a fan of Brushable hair but I am quite happy with this and the color pattern is spot on. The size is awesome and more bang for the buck than the 4th Dimmension ones (SIZE WISE), Overall they are great quality and I highly urge any of you to get one! 

I really would love to order them, hopefully they will be selling them on ebay some time soon, I really do not know which one I want to get... (Why they have no AJ :()

Wow Dashie actually looks pretty adorable. I don't think I would have the guts to go and get one though lol. Plus my mom might think it's a bit odd if I come home with a pony plushie lol

I really would love to order them, hopefully they will be selling them on ebay some time soon, I really do not know which one I want to get... (Why they have no AJ sad.png)

they'll be a ton more expensive on ebay , why not order from the build a bear website?  Only downside is if you're out of the US , UK and Canada ( I think they have it) then shipping will be expensive.

I got mine today: I couldn't choose between Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie so I chose Rainbow Dash at random, it even has a little box that plays the theme song when you squeeze her leg

Sorry for the picture quality

For anyone that can't get to a store, you can order one from their website online.  If you want to go to a store and stuff her yourself, you can request to not have it stuffed when they send it (I was almost going to do that and then stuff her myself).  However, nothing can beat "creating" your own little friend, hopping, spinning and all! happy.png

I hope that their good looking ponies and not like horrible ones i also hope they try and make them with all of their accessories and also make them like exactly from the show will surely get alot of people to buy it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I really, really want pictures. I wonder if this means they are gonna have the clothing too?

It would be nice if they put the gala dresses.

Could this mean more men/ older women coming in for plushies?

Because I totally would.img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Can't find anywhere that sells plushies!!!

I really, really want pictures. I wonder if this means they are gonna have the clothing too?

It would be nice if they put the gala dresses.

Could this mean more men/ older women coming in for plushies?

Because I totally would.img-1410051-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Can't find anywhere that sells plushies!!!

well they did the gala dress for Rainbow dash and the wedding dress ( I think) for Pinkie Pie

( I only bought the RD dress)

post-11698-0-48549100-1367082334_thumb.jpg

post-11698-0-33638700-1367082369_thumb.jpgpost-11698-0-76224400-1367082398_thumb.jpgpost-11698-0-76224400-1367082398_thumb.jpg

and Celestia! 

and Cadance and Shining armor! 

OMG IM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!! and. my birthday is in august! so you know parents hint hint..... Totally going to get luna and celestia