Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your weirdest fear?

lilymalady123

hi guys! lily here with another god-awful excuse of a thread.

i was just talking to my roomie, beth, and she said my fear is really weird...

ready for it?...

care bears

yes, that tv show that is somewhat similar to the best show in the world. why you ask? because when i was little, i loved the show, so when i missed an ep i would watch it online. one day i watched a weird video and suddenly zombies came and killed all the care bears. it was a screamer, and i know that, but the thought actually makes me shiver. whenever i see a pic of them i get a panic attack and start to hyperventilate until someone gets rid of it. i'm also scared of going to the toilet block at school alone, but thats a loooooooong story, well, not really, i just dont wanna tell you because i WILL cry :(

so... you can tell me: 

1) what is your opinion of my fear? im actually curious to hear what you think

2) what is YOUR weirdest fear?

3) why do you have that fear? do you know?

Your fear seems completely justifiable. Terrifying things that occur when your younger tend to stay with you a long while, trust me.

My weirdest fear is closets. Why closets? Because when I was three my sister locked me in one for more than six hours! When I asked why she did it she said there wasn't a reason for it.

Edited by XrosOver

I've heard worse  :lol:

MOTHS!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! 

So many stories I have on these god-awful creatures. Perhaps the time I was at a sleepover with a phone on at night, and one flew in my face, and I screamed, and I fell out of bed, and everyone laughed.

I think when I was a kid, I brushed one away and it just kept following me and hitting my face. I was freaked out by them since then  :blink:

• 1 year later...

Oddly moving clay..... 

Yeah it's very silly.. a grown man scared to death of moving clay... could be the sweetie's/loving thing in the world.. if its clay and its moving... its 10000000% evil to me I don't care what it is.

MOTHS!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! 

I can relate to this. Those, and I also freak around other large flying insects (read, grasshoppers and cockroaches). I'm also scared of injections. As I mentioned in another thread, I usually have to ask someone to hold my arm in position.

1.  Understandable given mine, and yet interesting way to have come across it :P

but I must know one thing, NEW care bares, or ORIGINAL care bears? Or just them in general as a result of that sight?

2. Honestly.. Probably G3/3.5 MLP.. 

3.the pink... the absolute girlyness of those versions... It made me ill to even look at it, let alone hear them speak... about MORE pink... No seriously, in the ep I tried to watch and see what the huffluff was about, the first lines out of a characters mouth was pinkie pies name, followed by that the rainbow celebration didn't have enough pink... wtfh was with the writers/art directors on that series?!! oye...  Thats the silliest off the top of my head anywho :P

Not really a fear, but I loathe the idea of even trying to sit further into it.. I recall the original 80's movies and such for the stuff and even found them again recently.

Not even remotely that bad..

Edited by GrimCW

• 4 years later...

Making phone calls. I usually spend half an hour pacing back and forth rehearsing what I need to say before making a call. I also get nervous about answering the phone too. Really silly considering that everything is fine once the conversation gets going. Fortunately it's one of those things that I can just throw myself at to just get it out of the way. Don't think too much about it and take the conversation as it comes. That sort of thing.

The only other weird fear I have is of vomiting. If I feel I need to be sick, I will do everything in my power to avoid making it happen. If I can make myself burp, then I know I'm going to be just fine and can avoid sticking my face anywhere near a toilet bowl. How's that for a pleasant image? :-P

• Brohoof 1

Talking to people I don't know, I think this might be kinda common but whatever. I have a hard time getting to know people and that sucks cause I usually open up after a while. uhh so yeah 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Making phone calls. I usually spend half an hour pacing back and forth rehearsing what I need to say before making a call. I also get nervous about answering the phone too. Really silly considering that everything is fine once the conversation gets going. Fortunately it's one of those things that I can just throw myself at to just get it out of the way. Don't think too much about it and take the conversation as it comes. That sort of thing.

The only other weird fear I have is of vomiting. If I feel I need to be sick, I will do everything in my power to avoid making it happen. If I can make myself burp, then I know I'm going to be just fine and can avoid sticking my face anywhere near a toilet bowl. How's that for a pleasant image? :-P

Oh my gosh, exactly this!

I get sick to my stomach dealing with phones. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one 'rehearsing' to make a call! 

Ew, vomiting too! Not my favorite pastime, and I usually do anything and everything to avoid it, even if I feel better after it's over with. I just can't face the Tidy Bowl Man when that moment of truth comes. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, PaulBron said:

I have fear of planets :sealed:

19 hours ago, Blazelicious said:

Fear of seeing big things in the sky. Even constellations scare me.

Neither of y'all would like it at my house, since I'm an amateur astronomer and the Milky Way is visible here  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Well....when I'm driving, or riding in the car, and if we have to stop at a traffic light under a bridge/overpass, or have to stop for whatever reason under a bridge/overpass, there's always this underlying fear that it's gonna collapse on me. :sealed: It's not a crazy uncontrollable fear, just something that kinda haunts me inside whenever we have to stop under one. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I actually did have a time when care bears scared me too...

I have this fear that I'll randomly wet or crap myself at the gym, I almost get rather paranoid over it!

It's a long story involving a lot of personal health matters, I know it isn't a justifiable fear but I still have it.

17 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

Always very sceptical about getting into lifts/elevators, since I've been trapped in one once before, for hours, in complete darkness since its power had completely died. :blink:

Don't ever play Turnabout Goodbyes episode of Ace Attorney then.

leaving my pets/chickens out on a Sunday morning unattended.

This fear is because my backyard literally leads to a forest where wild dogs live. I've already had a cat and 2 chickens die all in the jaws of a vicious mutt each on a different Sunday.

thank goodness I've recently been helping to build a fence.