Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Alignment?

Creamy Arty

Alignment Poll  

173 users have voted

1. 1. What you would say might be your alignment?

• Lawful Good
    • Neutral Good
    • Chaotic Good
    • Lawful Neutral
    • Neutral
    • Chaotic Neutral
    • Lawful Evil
    • Neutral Evil
    • Chaotic Evil

I probably belong under chaotic good. I obey laws and rules very well, but am open to breaking them for the good of myself and others. My intentions are good, but my actions may not be the best and may cause unintentional harm. I'm generally kind and goodhearted, but closed off and unpredictable in my actions. In short, I want the best but often go about it in the worst way.

I am obviously a Chaotic Good one. I totally hate rules, I feel they are unnecessary for me, and I hate the people who abuse it. (Lawful Evil)

I am strongly individualistic and always seek the positive in someone.

Rules are great, it's a great tool to forge an opinion. But please, too many people think it's the best thing and expect everyone to think the same...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm probably a "neutral good" or just "neutral" if I am understanding this correctly.

I am a pretty quiet person and I try to be polite and kind to as many people as possible, but at the same time I don't think that everyone deserves unconditional kindness. Some things shouldn't be tolerated, you know? I don't consider myself to be a doormat for someone to trample on. And although I have some passion behind a lot of my morals and opinions, I don't speak up about it unless my views are poked and prodded or until I am disgusted with someone else's behavior.

Basically, I try my best to be a good person, but I avoid confrontation at all costs so sometimes I don't stand up for what I think is right (which is wrong and selfish of me, but it's just how I am I guess).

If i had to choose an alignment,i will choose always Chaotic Good,because is the alignment who describes me better of all the others

• 1 year later...

Bump.

---

*Note: I don't play that game, but the below examples may seem to sound like I do; I'm just creating hypothetical scenarios without specifics to the setting in order to better explain myself.

This is quite a hard question for me.  My patterns of behavior aren't always reliably predictable, but yet aren't unpredictable.  I'm consistently persistent, but not persistently consistent.  I believe having ADHD has something to do with it, though my prescription does help.  

Though, if I were allowed to deviate from the choices a little, I do think I could accurately describe myself.

I'm a "Do as I say, not as I do [Good]."  I'm an honest, loyal person, but I'm also willing to use that honest loyalty [that I have for my team] in a way that strays from the bounds I'm probably supposed to stay within.

Hypothetically speaking... If you put me on a team (of one of the 3 Good selections), I may do things in order to better my team's position that might not match up with what I'm supposed to do.  

Now, here's where it gets down and dirty.  Don't confuse hypocrisy with strategic manipulation.  I am not a hypocrite, because the actions that I might take that may stray from the selected path would not be for my own benefit alone, but rather for the sake of benefiting the team overall.

**Note: Situations below are generic, and may mix video game logic with real life logic.  In no way am I saying, however, that I would steal or harm some other person or team of some sort in real life, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Examples:

1.  If you put me with the Lawful Good, it could be possible that when nobody is looking I might steal an unmanned [something that we could use], and place it in the team's inventory, pretending I don't know how it got there.  I might also set up a trap to catch the bad guys while I'm off duty, and without permission from the team leader.  But I wouldn't be stupid about it.  It takes careful patience to learn the ways of other teams.  And so, I may endure sticking within the bounds of my team's rulesets for a long time, all the while planning something for the future that is outside of the bounds.

2.  If you put me with the Neutral Good, it could be possible that when nobody from my team is looking I might hang with the True Neutrals and have a few cold ones with them to gain some mutual trust.  Of course, they are not on my team's target anyway.  But, they might have some casual information I could use, or maybe they would be nice enough to gift me with something, likely after I gifted them with something.  

3.  If you put me with the Chaotic Good, it could be possible that when nobody from my team is looking I might kiss some ass with the Lawful Good to gain a better rep.  After all, if I can make myself look good in the laws eyes, they would probably pay less attention to my team, giving my team more opportunities to do what we want/need to do with less of a chance of getting caught jaywalking with a little air horn in our hands to blow at the Lawful Evils in BMW's, getting a few chuckles and eyerolls from the Neutral Goods.

---

As you can see, my "Do as I say, not as I do [Good]" description fits perfectly.

"Oh, come on Miles, what are you in real life, seriously?"

Fine.  I'd say I'm somewhere between Neutral Good, and True Neutral.  I respect everyone who respects me.  I believe the purpose/meaning of life is to spread joy and love.  But I don't always follow the rules.

~ Miles

I be Lawful Good. For years and years I identified with Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, partially because I have some trust issues and tend to be very uneasy around authority figures. That uneasiness hasn't always been unfounded either, but I've decided not to let any bad apples or experiences make me cynical. My principles are very important to me, and I believe that sticking to them will bring about the best outcome, even if it isn't always the easiest or best outcome for me personally.

My being Lawful Good doesn't necessarily mean that I support every law or think that the law is enforced fairly, but I do believe a just legal system is a worthwhile thing to strive for.

• Brohoof 1

Lawful evil or Neutral Good. I'm leaning towards the first because I can put protecting the values of my country over the freedom of the citizens, depending on the values

I am easily Chaotic Neutral.

If I see a chance to have something go my way, I will very likely take it without too much regard for those around me. (However, I could not do that to family/friends/allies.)

I do not like being bound by good and evil. I may not ever side with those who are bad, but if they aren't targeting allies, I better be very well compensated.

Huh. Didn't think there would be any D&D players on this forum. Not that I play D&D, but I know what it is.

Anyway, my alignment is most likely Lawful Good. I say that because I always seem to follow rules. Sure, I can recognize when a rule is unfair or not, but it's going to take a ton of courage for me to break it. Simple as that. :smug:

I think my alignment would be either True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral. I don't really like chaos but I dislike authority and tradition, and I'm not motivated for good or evil.

My being Lawful Good doesn't necessarily mean that I support every law or think that the law is enforced fairly, but I do believe a just legal system is a worthwhile thing to strive for.

That's exactly what it means to be lawful good. Blind adherence to the law would fit better in the lawful neutral camp. Striving for a justice system which intends to and does good for the people as a whole is what a lawful good person/character would do.

As for myself, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm firmly in the neutral good camp. I have respect for laws that are put in place but believe that a justice system is fallible and always needs revision over time as values change with the times. That said, I do believe there is an objective morality for fundamental concepts such that any action done with the intention of harming others is wrong. This differentiates me from the chaotic good camp which has the tendency to not believe in the justice system to begin with. As such, I see the benefits in having a justice system, but all laws must also be questioned and examined carefully as the greater good is always more important to me than a set of rules.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
21 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I want to just choose what alignment I want to be in when I feel like it. It is too strict to put a label on oneself like this.

Spoken like a True Neutral ;)

I always get chaotic evil on these tests, which is fine with me~ 

This type description from TV Tropes I'd say describes me:

Spoiler

Chaotic Evil characters come in several deliciously evil flavors:

• Chaos Over Evil — Above all things they value their personal freedom, and as personalities they are greedy, selfish and hedonistic; therefore they want the freedom to fulfill their greedy, selfish and hedonistic desires. It is often seen in The Friend Nobody Likes and the Token Evil Teammate. What sets them apart from the below type is their occasional demonstration that Even Evil Has Standards — they sided with the good guys, didn't they? Don't turn your back on them for a moment though, because if they feel like their freedom is being infringed they may well go nuts just to prove you can't control them. They're too wild-spirited to really reform, but in the right company their Pet the Dog moments may increase in frequency.