Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Alignment?

Creamy Arty

Alignment Poll  

173 users have voted

1. 1. What you would say might be your alignment?

• Lawful Good
    • Neutral Good
    • Chaotic Good
    • Lawful Neutral
    • Neutral
    • Chaotic Neutral
    • Lawful Evil
    • Neutral Evil
    • Chaotic Evil

I don't like too much of the good nor too much of the bad, because I’m fair, I stand neutral ...But I like order.

tumblr_ndnvf2DjV41tyyi56o3_500.gif

So Lawful Neutral. 

• 1 month later...

Lawful Good, with a little bit of Neutral Good. I believe in a strict code of ethics and morality but that doesn’t mean I abide by all laws made by imperfect humanity.  

Ironically when I used to play D&D I played a very bad character, Chaotic Neutral. :mlp_rarity:

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Lawful Good, with a little bit of Neutral Good. I believe in a strict code of ethics and morality but that doesn’t mean I abide by all laws made by imperfect humanity.  

Ironically when I used to play D&D I played a very bad character, Chaotic Neutral. :mlp_rarity:

This is very much how I feel (and the reason I used to think I'm neutral good). If following a law means doing wrong, then I'll break that law.

But playing a "Bugs-Bunny-esque" character can be so much fun :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

Probably Neutral Good.

Yes, I think laws should be upheld, but where a law clearly means bad stuff for the general populous, I'd go for the humane and not lawful route.

• Brohoof 1

I'm Lawful Neutral. I'm a soldier, I try to follow the rules, and while I have my gripes with the system I understand why it's there. If I have an issue with something, I'll usually report it up to the system and let the system work the way it's intended, rather than taking things into my own hands.

And just so everyone's aware, I'm not a soldier because I'm super patriotic or I hate communists or anything. And don't get me wrong, I do hate communists. But I joined because I appreciate the order, the discipline, and the sense of stability that being in a large organization like this provides. I appreciate Democracy, I appreciate capitalism, and even though neither of these systems are perfect, they've worked for us for a while, and they're pretty alright.

• 1 year later...
On 2020-04-08 at 1:40 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

but that doesn’t mean I abide by all laws made by imperfect humanity.  

The thing is, most lawful good characters would agree with you on that. Lawful good, doesn't mean inflexible or dogmatic or can't break a rule EVER! What it means is, consistency, integrity, and believing that a system, any system, exists for a purpose. It doesn't mean the system is perfect, just that a lawful good character sees the good in it. A chaotic character, of any persuasion, sees law, systems, codes, what have you as impediments no matter what.

• Brohoof 1

Probably Neutral Good. I will say I'm definitely leaning more toward Lawful Good than Chaotic Good. But the law is not always just, because bad people steal their way into positions of power all of the time and twist the law to harm people. I do not respect their laws.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Envy said:

Probably Neutral Good. I will say I'm definitely leaning more toward Lawful Good than Chaotic Good. But the law is not always just, because bad people steal their way into positions of power all of the time and twist the law to harm people. I do not respect their laws.

Same thing I said above:

The thing is, most lawful good characters would agree with you on that. Lawful good, doesn't mean inflexible or dogmatic or can't break a rule EVER! What it means is, consistency, integrity, and believing that a system, any system, exists for a purpose. It doesn't mean the system is perfect, just that a lawful good character sees the good in it. A chaotic character, of any persuasion, sees law, systems, codes, what have you as impediments no matter what.

Expanding on that: If there's a corrupt or harmful ruling. A lawful good character could, and would, champion the cause to reform it. To address the injustice in the system. A chaotic good character would, at worst, say "burn it all down!" But they would do it for a "good" cause, so that makes it okay. :dry:

Edited by Steel Accord

7 hours ago, DixonTheAdversary said:

I'd like to think that I'm Neutral good, but what I think I am and what others perceive me as are 2 different things.

It's true. Asking what one's alignment is is a little like asking what the back of your head looks like. It's a very top down, objective thing that works a lot better for fictional characters than immeasurably more complex real people. Even the most in-depth Shakesperean character study is going to end up a lot simpler compared to the biography and psychology of basically anyone you know.

• 1 month later...

Chaotic Good would be my preferred alignment, but objectively,  I'm probably just unaligned/neutral like your typical commoner in D&D. The typical Good character is actively going out and seeking Good to do which I don't, and I don't cause enough trouble to really consider myself Chaotic. Neutral people still try to do the right thing and generally prefer Good to Evil, it's just that I got other stuff going on and haven't devoted myself to do-gooding. 

Like sure, I think I'm Good, but so do most people. Very few people actually think they're Evil, as even if they're doing something wrong they'll typically have a justification to themselves for it. 

Edited by Magpie

Chaotic neutral for me i think 🤗

I am vety independant and dont just go with the crowd, even though it might sound selfish i look out for myself always before anyone else.  I like living day by day and my actions are more impulsive than planned.

Edited by Tweek