Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Romance: Why? Who?

Steel Accord

(edited)

I've been on waifu threads in /a/. It's not really abnormal in a fandom.

Well that's good to know. I've never heard the term, or at least I didn't know what it referred to. In terms of anime characters, the only one I felt even the slightest hint of a crush was Princess Euphemia, but I always played as Suzaku in my head so I guess I didn't realize the attraction. Then Fluttershy came into the picture and there was no male partner for me to use as a facade. (Cue freakout and subsequent revelation.) Edited by Steelquill

i think i understand better now what must be going on inside those heads of rule 34 arthists tough i still dont understand then why there are also OC rule 34 characters. are those just from the perverted mind or is there something else going on there?

i do not enjoy rule 34, i think its like seeing your sister i gues.

but i think that seeing them more then just ponies and more like something humans can posses in there caracters, i can see why it is so.

i think i understand better now what must be going on inside those heads of rule 34 arthists tough i still dont understand then why there are also OC rule 34 characters. are those just from the perverted mind or is there something else going on there?

i do not enjoy rule 34, i think its like seeing your sister i gues.

but i think that seeing them more then just ponies and more like something humans can posses in there caracters, i can see why it is so.

I don't enjoy Rule 34 art either, but I found SOME humanized versions of the ponies quite enjoyable if the artist carried their features over well enough. An odd thing to observe is making them too realistic. It once again plummets to the uncanny valley, whereas human, but still stylized versions don't strike as being out of place in your brain's recognition of the character.

Take these for example:

Pinkie-

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Human+Pinkie+Pie#/d3ioqnl

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Human+Pinkie+Pie#/d48r8f4

Twilight -

http://humanized-mlp.deviantart.com/gallery/32801608#/d4mdejh

http://humanized-mlp.deviantart.com/gallery/32801608#/d4ljt28

See what I mean? If you were to see a perfectly translated pony to human, your brain suddenly sends up neuron red flags marked "not human" because your already familiar with what that character regularly looks like and whatever feature they have that isn't normal sticks out. Whereas the stylized versions retain the exaggerations that make them different but still identifiable as "people." To say there is more behind every clopper's fantasy would be foolish, but to some this is just the case. Another example. When that clip of Fluttershy saying "Mama's so proud." in a somewhat suggestive voice played. Many claimed that Fluttershy had never been sexier or something similar. Others objected because they thought such slander was disgusting, I was among them, but not for the same reason. I was offended, because that wasn't Fluttershy. Without her grace, demurity, and kindness she was just a cruel little creature and not the woman I had feelings for.

As for the OCs . . . I got nothing. *shrug pony*

im impressed that you took the time and effort in going trough al this!

i still dont enjoy the ponies in humanised form for lets say clopping sins it still feels like looking at your sister.

but i've learned that it is indeed the characteristics that is atractive to the people than the character

ps: i saw a spike reference :)

Edited by lunatic
  • Brohoof 1

im impressed that you took the time and effort in going trough al this!

i still dont enjoy the ponies in humanised form for lets say clopping sins it still feels like looking at your sister.

but i've learned that it is indeed the characteristics that is atractive to the people than the character

ps: i saw a spike reference :)

If by "taking the time and going through all this" you mean "re-state preconceived assumptions" than your welcome. I'm no psychologist, I just do way too much reading and thinking.

Yeah, like I said, not a clopper myself. Which is what I found odd because I shared their enthusiasm, just not that particular way of . . . expressing it. :o

Lastly, thank you so much! I wasn't expecting to get ANY positive feedback, let alone comforting and teaching people!

Well that's good to know. I've never heard the term, or at least I didn't know what it referred to. In terms of anime characters, the only one I felt even the slightest hint of a crush was Princess Euphemia, but I always played as Suzaku in my head so I guess I didn't realize the attraction. The Fluttershy came into the picture and there was no male partner for me to use as a facade. (Cue freakout and subsequent revelation.)

I'm not big on anime myself, but I lurk a lot on random 4chan boards. I was watching Guren Lagann for a couple days but I've been pretty busy with MLP stuff. The terms for these sorts of things come with internet experience. One piece of advice: lurk moar. NYM has a good article on waifus http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/mai-waifu

I'm not big on anime myself, but I lurk a lot on random 4chan boards. I was watching Guren Lagann for a couple days but I've been pretty busy with MLP stuff. The terms for these sorts of things come with internet experience. One piece of advice: lurk moar. NYM has a good article on waifus http://knowyourmeme....memes/mai-waifu

Thanks, I'll check that one out.

The OP's logic somewhat makes no sense due to the fact I prefer Fluttershy and R.D (I don't know which I prefer over the other) much more than the other ponies. However they're like the opposite of each other. So...?

The OP's logic somewhat makes no sense due to the fact I prefer Fluttershy and R.D (I don't know which I prefer over the other) much more than the other ponies. However they're like the opposite of each other. So...?

I don't presume to be 100% correct. My theory was an attempt to explain my own feelings, anypony could be different from what I've said and probably is. I think it is possible for someone to be like both. Somepony could be supremely confident when doing something like gymnastics, motocross, race car driving, or something similarly "extreme" (even doing Rainbow-like self narration), while still being cripplingly shy in social situations. Or vice-versa!
  • Brohoof 1

I don't presume to be 100% correct. My theory was an attempt to explain my own feelings, anypony could be different from what I've said and probably is. I think it is possible for someone to be like both. Somepony could be supremely confident when doing something like gymnastics, motocross, race car driving, or something similarly "extreme" (even doing Rainbow-like self narration), while still being cripplingly shy in social situations. Or vice-versa!

Iam for example the kind of character described above. And yes I sometimes do self narration xD

But I think your theory kinda works. I have a thing for girls who don't behave that girly(even who are a bit tomboyish) and dorks in RL and my favorite Ponies are Twilight, AJ and RBD. I think they are cute but Iam definately not sexually attracted by them(a kiss and hugs would be most I can imagine). :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Iam for example the kind of character described above. And yes I sometimes do self narration xD

But I think your theory kinda works. I have a thing for girls who don't behave that girly(even who are a bit tomboyish) and dorks in RL and my favorite Ponies are Twilight, AJ and RBD. I think they are cute but Iam definately not sexually attracted by them(a kiss and hugs would be most I can imagine). :)

Self narration FTW! (That's actually how I make up the dialogue for my writing.) Hey! The thread is called "Pony Romance" not "Who would you sleep with." If I was able to give Fluttershy a kiss, I would be content. Thanks for posting. I still can't believe I haven't been banned to a moon thread for this! Edited by Steelquill
  • Brohoof 1

Self narration FTW! (That's actually how I make up the dialogue for my writing.) Hey! The thread is called "Pony Romance" not "Who would you sleep with." If I was able to give Fluttershy a kiss, I would be content. Thanks for posting. I still can't believe I haven't been banned for this!

I have kinda 2 personalities, the on-stage me that likes attention and adrenaline and the off-stage/social me which is very silent and shy. And I don't think one of these 2 is a "mask" because both are part of my character. So it's definately possible to be both ;)

And I think it's an interessting topic and no reason to banish you at all. And you can have a crush on a character without even thinking about sex. I've had dreams where I kissed or married a pony(I always was a pony too in them I have to say), but never any sexual thought in them(and you can't manipulate your sub-consciousness that produces your dreams) :)

Edited by PonyPunk

I have kinda 2 personalities, the on-stage me that likes attention and adrenaline and the off-stage/social me which is very silent and shy. And I don't think one of these 2 is a "mask" because both are part of my character. So it's definately possible to be both ;)

And I think it's an interessting topic and no reason to banish you at all. And you can have a crush on a character without even thinking about sex. I've had dreams where I kissed or married a pony(I always was a pony too in them I have to say), but never any sexual thought in them(and you can't manipulate your sub-consciousness that produces your dreams) :)

Good use of "mask" terminology, sounds like you're right in the ball park of Jung's "gold in the shadow" theory. Thanks for that, I was just a bit confused with myself and gambled consolidation versus banishment when I posted this. (Which is interestingly, my shadow self. I can take a "leap of faith" because I believe in a higher power, but I don't play with dice or chance.) I envy you somewhat for having such dream recall. I have dreamed of the ponies since I started watching, but my memories are like blurry still-shots, lacking focus or context.

flutermac just sayin

Those two are MADE for each other.

Good use of "mask" terminology, sounds like you're right in the ball park of Jung's "gold in the shadow" theory. Thanks for that, I was just a bit confused with myself and gambled consolidation versus banishment when I posted this. (Which is interestingly, my shadow self. I can take a "leap of faith" because I believe in a higher power, but I don't play with dice or chance.) I envy you somewhat for having such dream recall. I have dreamed of the ponies since I started watching, but my memories are like blurry still-shots, lacking focus or context.

i know right its woul be epic to see that canon plus it would make aj and fluttershy sisters inlaw :D
  • Brohoof 1

The dream recall I got while training luscid dreams. I've only had one luscid dream I was totally aware that it was a dream while sleeping. But I quitted training it when I found myself at a stage I can remember dreams very detailled. When Iam asleep they actually give me a feeling that everything is real and immidiately after waking up I am often extremely confused if it was real or just a dream. To train this, just write down every detail(if there was a car f.e. the colour, brand) you can remember about a dream in a book. After 2-5 weeks you should be able to recall your dreams ;)

Also Fluttermac ftw :mellow::blush:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

i know right its woul be epic to see that canon plus it would make aj and fluttershy sisters inlaw :D

That would be cute. Out of all the shipping that DOES go on, that one does make the most sense in my mind. Do YOU have a pony you wouldn't mind dating?

My "would date" ranking goes:

1. Fluttershy

2. Rarity

3. Pinkie

4. Twilight

5. Applejack

6. Dash

The dream recall I got while training luscid dreams. I've only had one luscid dream I was totally aware that it was a dream while sleeping. But I quitted training it when I found myself at a stage I can remember dreams very detailled. When Iam asleep they actually give me a feeling that everything is real and immidiately after waking up I am often extremely confused if it was real or just a dream. To train this, just write down every detail(if there was a car f.e. the colour, brand) you can remember about a dream in a book. After 2-5 weeks you should be able to recall your dreams ;)

Also Fluttermac ftw :mellow::blush:

Thank you SO MUCH for that advice! EQUESTRIA HERE I COME! B) Edited by Steelquill
  • Brohoof 2

That would be cute. Out of all the shipping that DOES go on, that one does make the most sense in my mind. Do YOU have a pony you wouldn't mind dating?

My "would date ranking goes:

1. Fluttershy

2. Rarity

3.Twilight

4. Applejack

5. Pinkie

6. Dash

Thank you SO MUCH for that advice! EQUESTRIA HERE I COME! B)

fluttermac ftw :mellow::blush:

My ranking:

AJ, Twi and Dash on top(I like them too equal to be able to sort my favorite out. Dash maybe close behind the other two tough)

Fluttershy

Rarity

Pinkie

Thank you SO MUCH for that advice! EQUESTRIA HERE I COME! B)

You'll see, it's really cool to be there. B)
  • Brohoof 1