Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Romance: Why? Who?

Steel Accord

What's with all the Fluttermac? I've never seen footage of this couple :huh:

Not a lot of footage to support it really. Many just say those two would like each other. Fluttershy is easily excitable and gets nervous easily (like she suffers from sensory overload) Big Macintosh is patient and calm, so he wouldn't intimidate her. That's just the common thought.

I mean i ship with Fluttershy because i used to be like that and i like that type of girl. basically i would love to see my self with fluttershy one day because of it. but my question is why does everyone ship w either rainbowdash or twilight?

I ship Steelquill x Fluttershy too. ;) As for why those two are shipped with everypony else. :huh: Can't say, perhaps because relationships would be a natural extension to Twilight's friendship study and Rainbow Dash just seems like the kind of girl that gets around. (To some! That's not how I view her.)

I think we had a long discussion on this or a similar subject before. I came to the conclusion that being attracted, romantically and sexually (for the two are linked in most minds), to characters from MLP: FiM is perfectly normal because they have personalities that people desire in a partner, and because they're anthropomorphised/stylised enough to not register as an animal, and therefore taboo, in our minds.

I also came to the conclusion that I love Rarity, for she is the best pony. :D

• Brohoof 6

I think we had a long discussion on this or a similar subject before. I came to the conclusion that being attracted, romantically and sexually (for the two are linked in most minds), to characters from MLP: FiM is perfectly normal because they have personalities that people desire in a partner, and because they're anthropomorphised/stylised enough to not register as an animal, and therefore taboo, in our minds.

Your rank in the Church of Rarity has been increased.

Welcome fellow Raritian.

But I normally dislike narcissistic and self-centered people in real life.

So why do I love Trixie? :huh:

Because of dat color scheme.

Or you dislike Twilight enough that any foil to her automatically jumps to best pony in your list.

Because of dat color scheme.

Or you dislike Twilight enough that any foil to her automatically jumps to best pony in your list.

Well, of course I love her color scheme, but I love everything about Trixie, voice, personality, everything.

And I don't hate Twilight, Twilight's cool, but not the fresh prince, like Trixie is.

I love Rainbow Dash.

I don't mean I'm just a fan... I love her.

However, rather than getting 'freaky' I've decided to find a girl just like her. I already have a few in mind. ;)

*sigh* too bad I'll get rejected and stuck in the 'friend zone...' I guess you can be too friendly. :P

• Brohoof 1

Could you point out this thread to me? I'm new, so I wasn't here for that. As for Rarity, she's pretty much dead even with Fluttershy in the crush department for me. :wub:

A church of Rarity?! And i wasn't Invited?!?!

How Dare You!

But on topic i think we ship because were looking for that kind of person in real life.

Agreed. That's what my point was from the beginning. (Not saying that in the Pinkie:"HEY! That's what I said!" sense. Just pointing it out.)

But I normally dislike narcissistic and self-centered people in real life.

So why do I love Trixie? :huh:

Opposites attract? Maybe you like other qualities Trixie has. For all her boasting, she IS legitimately gifted at magic. She's also an entertainer, she glows with the glamour of show business. No denying there's some appeal to that.

Oh Fluttershy....

*Dreamily looks into sky*

I hear ya. I've done the same thing. Hell I'm writing a goddamn story in the hopes of some consolidation with these feelings.

Could you point out this thread to me? I'm new, so I wasn't here for that. As for Rarity, she's pretty much dead even with Fluttershy in the crush department for me. :wub:

Agreed. That's what my point was from the beginning. (Not saying that in the Pinkie:"HEY! That's what I said!" sense. Just pointing it out.)

Opposites attract? Maybe you like other qualities Trixie has. For all her boasting, she IS legitimately gifted at magic. She's also an entertainer, she glows with the glamour of show business. No denying there's some appeal to that.

Opposites do attract!

ok for expample the girl of my dreams is Fluttershy, but i'm faling head over heels over a She-wolf that's way closer to Rainbow dash in terms of feracity. now i'm submissive, but i can be Dominant when i want (like Fluttershy) and she's Over-Dominant(like Rainbow) we're opposites in more way than that but i just wantd to point out the biggest. so i believe some opposites attract.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Opposites do attract!

ok for expample the girl of my dreams is Fluttershy, but i'm faling head over heels over a She-wolf that's way closer to Rainbow dash in terms of feracity. now i'm submissive, but i can be Dominant when i want (like Fluttershy) and she's Over-Dominant(like Rainbow) we're opposites in more way than that but i just wantd to point out the biggest. so i believe some opposites attract.

There you go! I think there's room for both opposites and kindred spirits. I couldn't date someone like Rainbow Dash, don't get me wrong, she's cool and there's no denying she's a badass! I just can't see myself in a romantic relationship with someone like her. Whenever I met, and even tried to engage girls that were my opposite, it never goes anywhere. When I met a girl with whom I shared much in common, we hit it off almost immediately. Oh and congratulations! I hope it works out between you two. Edited by Steelquill

I suppose that makes sense. Though I do love pretty much everything about Trixie, boasting included. Don't know why shes an exception to the rule though, aside from the opposites attract.

Of course, the point is great job with the theory in your first post, and I love Trixie! /)^3^(

• Brohoof 1

I suppose that makes sense. Though I do love pretty much everything about Trixie, boasting included. Don't know why shes an exception to the rule though, aside from the opposites attract.

Of course, the point is great job with the theory in your first post, and I love Trixie! /)^3^(

Oh! Well thank you very much.
  • Brohoof 1

Do you know I've looked and looked and can't find a trace of it? I swear it happened, though, I just can't find it for the life of me!

There was a thread started by Lady Rarity Pony called "Are you attracted to ponies?", though. He rather innocently meant platonic attraction, but several people confessed to what amounted to crushes on a number of the main characters.

Do you know I've looked and looked and can't find a trace of it? I swear it happened, though, I just can't find it for the life of me!

There was a thread started by Lady Rarity Pony called "Are you attracted to ponies?", though. He rather innocently meant platonic attraction, but several people confessed to what amounted to crushes on a number of the main characters.

Okay, don't worry about it. Thanks anyway!

Do you guys mean that thread? http://mlpforums.com/topic/1211-are-you-attracted-to-ponies-platonic-attraction/

It was in the "Welcome to sugarcube-corner"thread ;)

• Brohoof 1