Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Trap Music?

Just A Guy

So... There Is Brony Dubstep, Techno, Trance, House, Complextro, Hardstyle, Nightcore, even something called... Clopcore... yeah...

And there is Brony Metal, punk, rock, hardcore, metalcore...

And Brony Rap and instrumental stuff...

But I have not seen at least 1 Track Trap made by a brony...
I know it's still underground and stuff... but isn't there anypony doing trap? .w.

I'm Actually working on some trap... but i'm still noobly in that genre...

Does somepony knows a brony who makes trap? 

I know it's still underground and stuff... but isn't there anypony doing trap?
Trap? sounds like something that have in Thailand. I listened to alot of brony music and never heard of trap. so you'd be the first in my book

Well based on the word trap....

50776.jpg + Octavia_S1E26.png = Pony Trap music

Nope, can't say I've seen anything like that. If you find any, let me know though. I love traps.

Trap music? Why? It's because nobody really likes it , and all the people who try to make good sounding trap doesn't get noticed at all.

I'll give you an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RJMJhMAgFJE

From what I hear, 90% of musicians I know kinda gave crap to this genre, it does have potential, but if it becomes mainstream, then it's utterly pointless and dull to me, It just sounds like hip hop too much with poorly mixed drums 

sorry :(

I've never heard of that kind of music so I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask what kind of music that is. you have and example?

Well, Trap&Bass on youtube is a good channel you can check out :3

Trap music? Why? It's because nobody really likes it , and all the people who try to make good sounding trap doesn't get noticed at all.

I'll give you an example

From what I hear, 90% of musicians I know kinda gave crap to this genre, it does have potential, but if it becomes mainstream, then it's utterly pointless and dull to me, It just sounds like hip hop too much with poorly mixed drums 

sorry :(

Kinda sounds like that... it's not the big genre, but still, I do like it :3

IT will not become mainstream, people are not ready for it... And it's awfully hard to make...

But still, those artist's that have experience, even in other genres, have created some good Trap music :3

Even Borgore & Carnage - Holiday Ringtone , it was a song that is just a joke, but still, it's awfully good!

I will still try this days to produce some trap, the bassline is really hard to do...

Everything else, it's just easy...

Well, Trap&Bass on youtube is a good channel you can check out :3

Kinda sounds like that... it's not the big genre, but still, I do like it :3

IT will not become mainstream, people are not ready for it... And it's awfully hard to make...

But still, those artist's that have experience, even in other genres, have created some good Trap music :3

Even Borgore & Carnage - Holiday Ringtone , it was a song that is just a joke, but still, it's awfully good!

I will still try this days to produce some trap, the bassline is really hard to do...

Everything else, it's just easy...

I'm afraid i'll have to pass on that genre. Simply not my bag of tea. Call me old fashioned if you want but that sounded like truck engine was on verge of eminent failure. lol

• Brohoof 1

I'll be honest, Trap sounds like a purely generic sound to me. But I can see the appeal in it. Maybe it's the fact I'm everso picky with music, nonetheless though, it probably doesn't appeal to many people for it's generic sound.

Go for it if you want, heck, getting the Trap genre into the brony community may increase the popularity of Trap as a whole.

There's a lot of genre's that haven't been done yet, in the electronic area alone there hasn't been any Synthpop, Futurpop, Electro-Industrial, Aggrotech, and a whole bunch of EBM styles. 

...Though I did find this a few weeks ago.

And seeing as I'm pretty big fan of these genres, I know your feels.

Trap is fairly underground, so it isn't really surprising that nothing's been done yet. Give it time.  :)

untz untz untz.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

Agree ^

Love to hear some EBM and other genres although there's not too much in the community. Nice track by the way!!^^

I think people are getting bored with the same styles getting done to death so there's definitely a lot mroe talk of more diversification.

There's a 5 page thread about trap music on MLR http://mylittleremix.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5314

I guess some like it as a more hip-hop sounding dusbtep hybrid but I'm not too wild about what i've heard yet. I think Silva did a trap track or two.

Everypony is like "Yeah, buck trap..." TwT

And in this moment, i'm stuck in the song i'm making...

so i will freeze that proyect for some days...

I will continue composing Dubstep, Complextro and house...

you may want to give this a listen, then:

https://soundcloud.com/silvahound/daniel-ingram-babs-seed-silva

it's the only trap track i've heard from the fandom, though, and i doubt Silva is going to produce an awful lot of it in the future. i wish the fandom had a bit more breakcore to it (it's got some damn good hardcore, though. check Pinkamena Party to see what i mean, and Dave!'s stuff).

you may want to give this a listen, then:

https://soundcloud.com/silvahound/daniel-ingram-babs-seed-silva

it's the only trap track i've heard from the fandom, though, and i doubt Silva is going to produce an awful lot of it in the future. i wish the fandom had a bit more breakcore to it (it's got some damn good hardcore, though. check Pinkamena Party to see what i mean, and Dave!'s stuff).

DAMN, that's awesome...

Finally :3 ...

I know, very soon, there will be trap everywhere... also glitch hop... Those 2 genres are growing up, but Glitch hop is now bigger...

I'm not against mainstream music... But I always prefer underground artists...

DAMN, that's awesome...

Finally :3 ...

I know, very soon, there will be trap everywhere... also glitch hop... Those 2 genres are growing up, but Glitch hop is now bigger...

I'm not against mainstream music... But I always prefer underground artists...

the closest to mainstream glitch hop i've heard is KOAN Sound and maybe Pretty Lights (don't think PL is mainstream at all though). i doubt trap will become big anytime soon. people are way too fascinated with brostep, electro house, mainstream trance, and hip-hop i think. though who knows? it might become a niche in mainstream society, but in that case, i'd think it'll be less "trap is fucking AWESOME" and more "LOLTRAP".

i should learn how to trap when i get better on music later on in life and see if i can make trap a niche genre in the fandom, just for teh lulz.

Agree ^

Love to hear some EBM and other genres although there's not too much in the community. Nice track by the way!!^^

I think people are getting bored with the same styles getting done to death so there's definitely a lot mroe talk of more diversification.

I was really surprised to hear a bit of EBM, actually. 

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS.

tumblr_m90cwtdveU1qh79tno1_500.gif

I've recorded a bunch of stuff in different genres, mostly just for myself, but I did also do two pony related electronic pieces, though I never did get round to finishing the vocals due to my university being troll. Troll-face-emoticon.jpg

@,

I was listening to Glitch Hop before it was cool. *hipster glasses*

Edited by Hansel

I was really surprised to hear a bit of EBM, actually. 

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS.

Oh yeah I'm an old school EBM fan (Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, FLA, Bigod 20) so I know what ya mean ;)

Probably could have done a bolder sound for one of my tracks but had a bit of an EBM sound to it. Older track though. Not one of my finer moments, but it's a living. :)

This one is a hybrid of Electro, Bass Music, and EBM.

Oh here's some other Trap music to sort of keep this thread on topic. Again this music really doesn't seem too impressive to me tbh. I guess if you're all about the bass and love wubstep then you might but it just seems like a weird pairing for mlp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kehJbqa68aI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1qhgqklIeU

Oh here's a GREAT EBM pony remix by the way

Edited by Freewave

@@Freewave,

Those songs were great, actually. Especially the first one.  :) That Harsh EBM Rainbow Factory remix was also fantastic, I hadn't realised there were EBM/Industrial Brony Musicians.  :wub:

And old school/trad EBM is incredible, I'm a massive fan of And One.

As for Trap, I can't really get into into it, but I can see why someone might like it. I wouldn't be surprised if some MLP Trap music came about soon, D&B is pretty popular among Bronies, and Trap seems to incorporate D&B sounds.  

Edited by Hansel

trap in the fandom seems to generate mixed reviews. on one hand, bronies seem to enjoy hip-hop that the fandom produces, so they might have an easy time getting into it, but i think they'd get just generally confused on what the hell trap is. i'd say it becomes a niche genre in the fandom, and nothing more.

@@Freewave,

Those songs were great, actually. Especially the first one.  :) That Harsh EBM Rainbow Factory remix was also fantastic, I hadn't realised there were EBM/Industrial Brony Musicians.  :wub:

And old school/trad EBM is incredible, I'm a massive fan of And One.

Ooh And One is pretty awesome! Glad you liked those tracks!

Yeah i love that Rainbow Factory remix. Glad someone really went outside of the box on that one.

• 7 months later...

This is trap/rap/pony music. This is also self advertising.  I didn't know much about MLP when my friend asked me to make this song.  This tv show is tops.  I'll probably make another one featuring other rappers when Season 4 comes out.  

http://youtu.be/2gDetn9Lv60

Edited by 2Hoovez