Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Freewave

Hi guys. New to the forums but not to brony music. Been doing that for a little over a year. Here's a few of my older tracks which the EQD gods smiled upon. Hopefully you've seen or heard a few of them (so hard to stand out in this community!)

^A few of my best older ones. I've gotten a little better at pmv's since then which i do myself most of the time.

Here's my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/thefreewave

and my soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/dj-p0n-3

I do remixes, original tracks, mash-ups, mixtapes, medlies and covers. I don't really do a specific style of music but i do try to make my tracks both definitely pony and dance music. I also run the Brony Musician Directory because i believe it's important to give back to the community and to help others who are likewise having a hard time being seen and heard.

http://bronymusiciandirectory.blogspot.com/

Anyway nice to meet you and I hope you get a chance to check out my
music and I do appreciate any feedback or support you feel like throwing
my way :)

Someday someone will reply to this thread and I'll be able to post TWO more tracks. :huh:

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 8

always nice to meet a fellow musician perhaps you would be open to collaborate after i finish my current project? I always love to work with people and different styles and see what we can come up with

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Yeah I wouldn't mind trying to collab. I don't do enough of those tbh. Appreciate your replies as it was getting lonely in this thread.

Here's 2 more recent tracks. Both fit as "ponified covers" one is funky fun and the other quite a bit darker.

I'm actually trying to wrap up 3 albums now collecting my past tracks with a few VIP re-do's on some tracks that have a few flaws. It's turning into an arduous task unfortunately but hopefully this week i can try to get closer to get the first album out. At least that's the plan, Hopefully i can stay motivated this week to get some results but i've just been so strapped for time. Maybe next week for the first one, I just couldn't get enough tweaks done! this time img-1119644-1-blink.png

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

[update] Well i got my first album (of 3 planned) up on bandcamp. I hope you get a chance to check it out!! It is free on bandcamp http://freewave.bandcamp.com/

Here's the lead off track:

Here's an older one on same album.

Now just two more albums worth to clean up and eventually get out. :D

Edited by Freewave

Omg I got a music of the day post at EQD for my new track!!

OMG my album got featured there too on the same day

**Shoots into the sky and creates his own sonic rainboom**

Wheeeeeeeee

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well have a new track out. Did hip-hop and even some rap vocals myself.

Not the first hip-hop track i've made but the most personal and my own vision.

This is a slight oldie

Wish I'd uncensored this one back in the day (I released right after MCA died) but though EQD might highlight, sure enough it wasn't so not sure why i bothered. Hopefully it won't suffer the same fate (real hip-hop is often used with samples people).dry.png

• 1 month later...

Hey all I've got a brand spanking new track. An oldie of a track remixed into a much older genre: Disco!!

Like Celestia says while some ponies may be afraid of it's return and in befriending it there is use for Disco's magic. That why I brought Disco here. wink.png

Anyway enough wordplay, i hope you enjoy the track. Hope you like something different.  

If you do plz let me know!

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Well i just put out my second of 4 upcoming albums after a few months of work. While my first album collected all the optimistic tracks based on MLP themes this second one is based on the darker side. Each is centered around an MLP villain or a discorded pony and the genres too go a little darker in theme. This isn't a grimdark album (well a few tracks are themed that way) but it's not cute and cuddly either. Several tracks have been remixed and remastered from the originals and hopefully improved). Hopefully it gives people a chance to hear my work as a united theme where my ytube can be a lot more disjointed listening from track to track. blink.png

Thanks goes out to those who let me remix their originals: Makkon, Eurobeat Brony, Evdog, Dr.Dissonance, Tarby, Command Spry, Glitchhog, and Nameless Warning. Thanks to And The Rainfall for collabing with me on Be Assertive.

Sooooooooo happy.png

Hope you download and enjoy this free album on pony.fm  wink.png  https://pony.fm/albums/54-chaos-squared

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well hit 1,000 subs this week (YAYYYY) so i put together a little theme for Granny Smith and ventured into the great Electro Swing genre territory. A fun little peppy track while i also complete my rainbow & rooted submission (basically done)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Well here's a change of pace, old school heavy metal!!! I read a few fanfics recently and fell in love with a fanfic about Lyra discovering that Bon Bon is actually a changeling and wanted to make an appropriate song about it.

Plot from a Change of Face by by TheDeinonychus link

I'm also in luck because http://mpa-art.tumblr.com/ did plenty of artwork too based on the plot and he gave his permission for the use of that for the pmv.

I am so glad And The Rainfall introduced me to SylverLining as she was awesome on this track and has a hell of a voice. I look forward to hopefully working again with her soon. I gave her this track and she did a home run on the vocals.She'd love to do more metal vocals if anyone out there is looking for a vocalist (or other genres too frankly). Give her a shot and a sub if you like her.

Her youtube is here http://www.youtube.com/user/SylverNuckelavee

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I'll put my new song in here, haven't had many replies in this thread so not sure if this is semi-pointless or not. This is my summer jam and i hope people like it.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got a new video and track up with Memj vocals and Luna/Nightmare Moon theme. Not too many songs dealing with the transformation of Luna to Nightmare Moon. Hope people like it.

• Brohoof 2

Well i got a new video and track up with Memj vocals and Luna/Nightmare Moon theme. Not too many songs dealing with the transformation of Luna to Nightmare Moon. Hope people like it.

Wow this is amazing. Also I really love your stuff. I'm going through your music on soundcloud and I really love a lot of it ^.^ I especially love Fluttershys Funk Train.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh thank you kindly!! I'm glad you like Fluttershy's Funk Train! I'm very likely to do a little more disco and funk in the future as there just isn't a lot of it. I really appreciate the nice comment! :D

Edited by Freewave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Well here's a country / blues song i did with my friend Sylver. Got to have a fun little song to dispell any cranky blues that i may have been carrying around. Also its rare duet between Pinkie and Cranky with a (primitive) pmv to boot. Hope ya enjoy.

and here's an Arabic Disco House track too

If anyone will be in Denver around Halloween weekend I'll be performing and hanging out at ROTLcon all weekend. smile.png

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I have a ponified cover track. R.E.M's Man on the Moon become Mare on the Moon with the theme being the MLP comics arc of #5-8. Also a chance to talk about if people are paying any attention to the comics as something to be excited about (and write music about) during the summer episode drought. Hey brony, are you out of touch?

Hope some of you like it (if so lemme know) ;)

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 2

So I have a ponified cover track. R.E.M's Man on the Moon become Mare on the Moon with the theme being the MLP comics arc of #5-8. Also a chance to talk about if people are paying any attention to the comics as something to be excited about (and write music about) during the summer episode drought. Hey brony, are you out of touch?

Hope some of you like it (if so lemme know) wink.png

This is really awesome. smile.png  Vaguely reminds of some early Post-Punk and New Wave.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have a S4 premiere response. From pov of the Everfree Forest. Rap style with hopefully a bit of a unique backing music. Hope you dig.

This is really awesome. img-2023830-2-smile.png  Vaguely reminds of some early Post-Punk and New Wave.

Really glad you enjoyed it!!! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

So got a remix of the current song out. People seem to like it which makes me very happy.

also i put this quick update together.  i dont normally vlog but a lot of stuff going on.

Edited by Freewave

• 2 weeks later...