Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happened when I told every one I liked my little pony

Simcity11100

I got mixed reactions, but I don't really bother to tell anyone about what shows I watch and don't watch. I'd only tell other people I like the show if they asked me what shows I watch on TV.

This, my friends and peers don't really know much about what I get up to.

• 2 weeks later...

I have lost 24 thats about 90% of my friends when they found out that i was a brony so i don't know what to do now besides....watch more ponies

That's harsh :(

But alas haters gonna hate, we can't change that. easily

You have the right idea, watch more ponies. And buy some merch as well. ;)

I have lost 24 thats about 90% of my friends when they found out that i was a brony so i don't know what to do now besides....watch more ponies

Maybe its time to begin recycling your friends, over time I did that, and boy, that was the best thing I ever did :3

They can't acept you like something, but you can acept whatever they like? That's just so wrong

We are in the HATE era, where people actually enjoy doing that for the "lulz", but most of us don't find that funny at all, so...

Edited by Tailssod

Ive told close friends, some were like, Oh I watched that! And some are like o_O or lol wat?

I could really not care if it got out, maybe girls would think its cool XD

And I haven't told my parents, don't think that will happen

It's a mix between,"OMG ME TOO", "Why do you watch that is so gay?", and people not caring at all. But you know people is all about your attitude, you'll see, if they call you gay then dont say "I'm not gay, you guys are idiots I dont need you im gonna watch ponies! Oh im so pathetic everypony hates me why, whyyyy , this is THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!" then you arent gonna do so well.

Instead:

"Why do you watch that, that's so gay"

A: "It's sooooooo awesome!"

"Dude, you are gay"

A: You too!

"Yeah, you are so right!"

That's harsh :(

But alas haters gonna hate, we can't change that. easily

You have the right idea, watch more ponies. And buy some merch as well. ;)

hmmm increase my collection while watching ponies WINNING

Maybe its time to begin recycling your friends, over time I did that, and boy, that was the best thing I ever did :3

They can't acept you like something, but you can acept whatever they like? That's just so wrong

We are in the HATE era, where people actually enjoy doing that for the "lulz", but most of us don't find that funny at all, so...

i guess so i might as well spread the ponies over Xboxlive i already made a MLP on Black ops and i make forge art on Reach

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really think anyone's angry, my parents either don't care or are disappointed, my brother still says he doesn't but I think he may like it, and my cousin just makes fun of me

My reactions:

Best friend back from highschool:

"Haha you like ponies!" -shows him random music and fanart and says nothing about the show. Show him 20% Cooler by Ken Ashcorp.- an hour later: "I'm gonna watch some MLP." That was last week. Last night ~11 we stayed up on synchtube watching MLP until 4 in the morning :D

Really old 'net friend:

"o.O Why do you have a pony as an avatar?"

"I told you I was turning into a brony :D"

"-huge rant about why he doesn't like bronies, which is completely understandable-"

-hasn't mentioned MLP to him since, but he's cool-

Best friend / Ex:

"You know how I told you I had to watch my show?"

"Yeah...?"

"It's kind of My Little Pony ^^; "

"Haha, Rainbow Dash is mine :3"

"Fine, you can have Rainbow, Fluttershy is mine xD"

Yeah, she was a lot cooler with it than I was kinda expecting.

I think my parents know (sadly I have to live with them until I get the money to move back to upstate NY). I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but I know they wouldn't judge me for it. I mean, before obsessively watching ponies, I was obsessively watching Disney movies.

Edited by Eavath

After I posted a status on Facebook about my bronydom, I only had one friend say anything. He called me gay and questioned why I watch it. I tried to convince him that their is nothing wrong with it because its aimed at both genders, but he refuses to even watch any of the clips I send him, and he continues to call me gay, but I really don't care either way.

I wish my admission to the brony community was a little more dramatic... I just got into the show... Told some of my friends... they came to tolerate it within time... then everything went back to normal, THE END! Kind of a bore, but at least I am integrated in one of the best interests ever!

I've always been a kind of childishly-playful tomboy so at 18 after taking two weeks to get used to the fact that I like ponies...

My friends- I never really thought you would like something with ponies. (Yeah, me neither.)

My mom- You really need to grow up. (Okay; I'll start watching what all my peers are watching. >:D )

My brothers- *watch two episodes with me* Weird. Whatever. (Keep watching. You're going to LOVE ITTT!)

Ta da!

One coworker was taking jabs at me for watching my little pony. Then confronted him with a simple fact of life: "You watch Jersey Shore, you have no right to an opinion about tv shows"....

Edited by Magnus

I don't even know if the people in my class know it, or the guy sitting right next to me does. I have a mlp background, and he doesn't hate... Dunno how the other people in my class will react or have reacted, they don't act strange or ask me questions about it.. So I guess they haven't seen my beckground yet :P

I haven't told a soul yet. I really wonder what they'd think... they may think it's odd but i guess you never know until you tell right? ;) oh well i guess.

My friends thought I was crazy since I am the least person they expected to become a brony. Now they have accepted that I like it but they never get it. All of them refuse to watch anything related to it, but otherwise they're pretty cool with it

The reactions my friends and family had to my new interest were varied. My Father assumed i was turning gay. My mother assumed i was becoming a pedophile. My friends assumed that i had simply lost all masculinity. My brother lost what little respect he had for me. My sister just did not and does not get it and tries so hard to understand but just wont. the rest of my friends that ive told understand completely and have been converted to full members of the herd. Totally worth it.