Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(As usual, critique wanted.) Drunk Flying

Leafeon

Sooo... this is a thing that is kinda a 1k pageviews and kinda a 50 watcher special. It also isn't because no ideas.

FILE IS ATTACHED SO I CAN USE IT LATER.

If you're nice.

This is my OC Firebolt. This was quite fun to draw, but it took forever due to stupid hair is stupid. And skeletons are stupid. And now it's 11pm, and I have a major maths test tomorrow, as well as a relgion presentation. :c

As said, critique is lovely. Like, I really like it. Because you guys should see what I was drawing about 9 months ago. *shudders*

Thanks!

• Brohoof 5

It looks pretty darn good, as is the norm with your works. Nothing really to critique, aside from the minimalistic shading. If that's what you wanted to do on purpose than that's fine, but my suggestion would be to go with more darker shading. Also, she's drunk, so where's da blushies?

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 1

This reminds me of "Bridal Gossip" With Rainbow Dash being cursed to fly around running into things :P.

Anyways it looks awesome as always Firebolt :) I really like how you took the time to pay attention to the details that shes flying upside down by making her hair fly out.

I can't really critique anything as bad, Probably because I'm not that skilled so i can't point out much of anything, but ya know :P.

Anyways wonderful as always! I always love looking at your art! Hope to continue to see more!

• Brohoof 1

It looks pretty darn good, as is the norm with your works. Nothing really to critique, aside from the minimalistic shading. If that's what you wanted to do on purpose than that's fine, but my suggestion would be to go with more darker shading. Also, she's drunk, so where's da blushies?

The light shading is on purpose. I'm trying to try different styles, light shading is my favorite.

And she's blushing under her eye....

This reminds me of "Bridal Gossip" With Rainbow Dash being cursed to fly around running into things :P.

Anyways it looks awesome as always Firebolt :) I really like how you took the time to pay attention to the details that shes flying upside down by making her hair fly out.

I can't really critique anything as bad, Probably because I'm not that skilled so i can't point out much of anything, but ya know :P.

Anyways wonderful as always! I always love looking at your art! Hope to continue to see more!

I don't remember that part, dammit. Could have saved a lot of time using a reference.

Thanks everyone!

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, well, it could use a bit more, just to emphasize the fact that she is drunk. I'm not even a fan of blushies, but I'm sure you've seen drunk people, and the redness is not exaggerated. You could also put those, I don't know what to call them, lumps? Under her eyes just to show her wooziness a bit more. I don't know, it looks more like she's reached the ultimate state of euphoria rather than gotten a bit tipsy.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, well, it could use a bit more, just to emphasize the fact that she is drunk. I'm not even a fan of blushies, but I'm sure you've seen drunk people, and the redness is not exaggerated. You could also put those, I don't know what to call them, lumps? Under her eyes just to show her wooziness a bit more. I don't know, it looks more like she's reached the ultimate state of euphoria rather than gotten a bit tipsy.

Yea, but it's also ugly. :P I toned down the blush due to how ugly it looked. I would think that ponies would have fainter blush, simply because fur.

• Brohoof 1

The light shading is on purpose. I'm trying to try different styles, light shading is my favorite.

I don't remember that part, dammit. Could have saved a lot of time using a reference.

Thanks everyone!

Its ok, I've just watched the show so fregin much that I remember one to many scenes lol.

I do suppose a reference would've been nice, even if it was just a rough reference to what you where doing. I tried drawing things with no real reference and it can get quiet difficult to visualize.

You did a wonderful job though even with the reference!

• Brohoof 1

very well done ^_^  i like how serene she looks, tho if you hadntve told me, idve never guessed she was drunk. :/    i suppose its interpretation however.  drunk flying to me would be wobbly, derp-eyed and giggling like a ninnie... <3 hehe 

still i think the piece is really nice, i love the soft light