Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm either blind or I cant see/find it. No Option to add Album Cover?

Arkane

Album covers are not actually implemented yet, because I'm rather undecided on the best way to make them happen. Currently, albums are set up to show their first track's cover on the album page. If the first track doesn't have a cover, no cover is shown on the album page.

I don't imagine that will be a workable solution over the long term as it requires artists to upload a cover separately for every track in an album to physically show the same image on every track in the album - and to do it all over again if the cover is updated. But at the same time, a per-track cover option is necessary for all those tracks that are not part of an album.

So far, this is the idea I've had for working around this:

• Add a cover art field to the album editor.
  • Uploading an image as an album's cover art sets that image as the cover art of every track in the album. If a track already has a cover, it will be replaced with the album cover.
  • A cover can still be added to tracks in an album on a one-off basis; it will function as expected, simply overwriting the album art with the track art for that particular track.

I really don't know if that's ideal, though. I'm absolutely open to any ideas whatsoever on how to handle album covers.

Well, here's what could be done.

Because it appears that an album has to be made and designated before any songs can be added, you may want to go ahead and add an option where the artist can upload album cover art from the get-go.

Then, as they upload new songs and say that song X will be a part of album X, there can be a code in place that automatically applies the album cover art to the track, unless the artist uploads artwork for the track itself.

So basically, the album artwork is applied to all tracks on the album by default, but this can be overridden by tracks that have seperate cover art uploaded. (ugh, grammatical errors that I don't know how to fix at 1:30 AM)

I would make a diagram to help explain this, but it's 1:30 AM and I need sleep.

EDIT: Diagam. I maed one.

Album%20Art%20Justification%20thinging.j

Track three already has a cover art for it. Track 1 and 2 does not. Therefore, these two tracks by default will display the album art on their individual pages. Track three will display it's own artwork on its individual page.

Edited by Anorax
  • Brohoof 1