Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A suggestion for the report system

SCS

I think it would be a good idea to implement a report feedback system. There should a page containing a list of every report ever made by anyone, that could only be viewed by that particular user, moderators, and administrators. This way, users would be able to see the status of their reports, and find out whether or not their report was correct. 

Immediately upon sending the report, it would appear in the user's list marked as "pending." When a staff member reviewed the report, if action was taken, the report would then be marked as "action taken" in the user's report history. If not, it would be marked as "no action taken." 

Unless there is already a system in place for moderators to mark whether or not they took action from a report, there could be a check box that they would check before closing the report that would mark whether or not they took action.

This way, the report feedback system would not give the moderators extra work to do, and it would help users to be able to report more accurately. If they didn't understand why their report resulted in no action being taken, they could send in a report ticket about it. For convenience, perhaps in an entry for a report in a user's report history that did not result in action being taken, it could say something like:

"No action was taken. If you do not understand why, please click here to send in a support ticket." (The word "here" would be the name of a hyperlink to the support ticket page.)

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 1

This way, the report feedback system would not give the moderators extra work to do.

If they didn't understand why their report resulted in no action being taken, they could send in a report ticket about it.

See, the funny part is it would give us even more work to do, in the long run. If we allowed every single person who ever reports something to have the ability to see their reports' result, and then encourage them to submit their complaints or concerns about it to the staff if they didn't agree with the action, we would quite literally have hundreds of tickets every single week, from just those. We'd have to hire several dozen staff members to even attempt to deal with the inane amounts of tickets that would be flooding us. We're already flooded with tickets, usually technical ones, this sort of thing would ultimately drive the staff insane xD

I see what you're trying to get at, but the way the report system works now is just fine. You report something, and the staff use the judgement they were hired for to deal with or not deal with it.

• Brohoof 1

See, the funny part is it would give us even more work to do, in the long run. If we allowed every single person who ever reports something to have the ability to see their reports' result, and then encourage them to submit their complaints or concerns about it to the staff, we would quite literally have hundreds of tickets every single week, from just those. We'd have to hire several dozen staff members to even attempt to deal with the inane amounts of tickets that would be flooding us. We're already flooded with tickets, usually technical ones, this sort of thing would ultimately drive the staff insane xD

I see what you're trying to get at, but the way the report system works now is just fine. You report something, and the staff use the judgement they were hired for to deal or not deal with it.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I made my post on the assumption that most people wouldn't really be worried about it enough to send in a support ticket, but if you say they would (which you would know, being an admin), then I agree that my idea wouldn't work. 

• Brohoof 2