Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Next Track" button

Bohtty

I was listening to songs from a particular user and found it rather tedious to have to go back to their page to play the next song.

Playing from an album is fine obviously, but album-less tracks tend to be a pain.

What I had in mind was that the button would just go to the next track depending on where they came from.

If they came from their profile and thus click on one of their songs from their track list then the next button would go to the next track in their total track list, but if they click on an album and then click on an individual song then the next button would take them to the next song in that album.

I was listening to songs from a particular user and found it rather tedious to have to go back to their page to play the next song.

Playing from an album is fine obviously, but album-less tracks tend to be a pain.

What I had in mind was that the button would just go to the next track depending on where they came from.

If they came from their profile and thus click on one of their songs from their track list then the next button would go to the next track in their total track list, but if they click on an album and then click on an individual song then the next button would take them to the next song in that album.

I was actually planning to put the inline player on profile pages (so that a profile functions as if all the user's uploads are one big album, allowing continuous playback from one track to the next). Would that not be a smoother way to accomplish the same goal, which is to make it easy to listen to all of a user's tracks in order?

(edited)

I was actually planning to put the inline player on profile pages (so that a profile functions as if all the user's uploads are one big album, allowing continuous playback from one track to the next). Would that not be a smoother way to accomplish the same goal, which is to make it easy to listen to all of a user's tracks in order?

Yes essentially. That would definitely work for me. The only other thing I could see is if someone wanted to read the info on each song they listen to or if they stumbled upon the page view random track and wanted to quickly see another song of theirs.

Edited by Bohtty