Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Medieval army vs Modern Day army

xxcoolbreezexx

Wait. You mean swords, guns that take forever to load with bad consequences if not done correctly, bows, horses, etc. VS tanks, missiles, modern day guns and alike?

You are kidding right? Technology moves forward, and get's better. It is kinda obvious what is superior.

• Brohoof 3

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even be a battle. You would just hear "boom" and then few guy with guns would go around finishing those stragglers who survived the first explosion.

• Brohoof 4

Well, if you balance it out a bit...

Say, one thousand medieval cavalry against a dozen United States Marines with full battle gear. I have no idea if that seems balanced, but considering that nowadays we have tactical missiles and armor-piercing rounds...

Hello!

Personally, i like the Medieval armies more... They tend to have a lot more spirit. But there's no questions asked. A modern day army would defeat a Medieval army.

But remmember, there's a catch. It really depends on the numbers, and the weapons. Not every Modern day army can use huge bombs and missles. A medieval army could outnumber a modern day army, and trust me, some of their weapons, are very powerful aswell.

Edited by Concord

Modern day army ==> they can recruit/train combatants more effectively and quicker. I mean basic training takes about 4-5 months right? How much time does it take to train a knight/archer? Many years if I'm not mistaken.

Here. Take a sword. Bam. You're in the medieval army.

Here. Take a gun. Now let's spend a couple weeks teaching you how to clean it, maintain it, load it, fire it, etc.

Well I mean when I think about medieval times I imagine dragons and magic with mystical creatures so if you have dragons swooping in and killing with fire and spells flying across the battle field it could be matched evenly. Plus you have creatures that can run faster than humans can aim or invisibility.

I could think about only one aspect in which medieval army is superior than modern. For a lot of medieval solders war was almost only thing in their life, I'm not trying to say that they was more professional, but may be more dedicated and less cogitative.

Well I mean when I think about medieval times I imagine dragons and magic with mystical creatures so if you have dragons swooping in and killing with fire and spells flying across the battle field it could be matched evenly. Plus you have creatures that can run faster than humans can aim or invisibility.

Strong point of modern army not only new age weapons, it's flexibility, it can react on new kinds of threats way faster than medieval army even if last have got dragons, mages or demons.

• Brohoof 1

You should've phrased it differently. A fantasy army versus a modern one actually sounds really interesting, but I'd still say the modern army would win.

What I'd like more is to see how much damage a single tank could to a medieval army.

• Brohoof 1

Good point but what if we have spies in the enemy base finding out how they are going to counter the threat and then the medieval army makes a counter counter plan.

Yep, but modern army could do it too, and even more spies and counter plans are strong points of modern army (cause it how it works in our days), not medieval one.

And dragon is always dragon but modern weapons coul be changed, reshaped and upgraded. I dont think medieval army could cope with flexibility of modern.

I really think our modern army would win. The Medieval army has bows,horses, and swords. We have guns,tanks,grenades, and submarines.

We can just attack them from the water or from the sky with jets, or the ground with Guns,Tanks,Grenades, and Submarines.

( So many choices and such riches are plenty. )

• Brohoof 1

Modern armies rely almost solely on projectile weapons, weapons that are capable of killing from a distance. Medieval armies were primarily melee with the exception of archers. Either army is just as capable of annihilating the other so long as they get to fight on their own terms. If the medieval army is kept at a distance, the modern one can easily wipe it out. If the medieval army is allowed to reach the modern one, their arms and armor will give them an insurmountable advantage.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure one modern soldier with a machine gun, lots of ammunition, and a Sit-And-Spin could beat any military force prior to the nineteenth century. If we're talking about an entire modern army, then, quite frankly, it stops being a battle, and starts being a massacre.