Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Medieval army vs Modern Day army

xxcoolbreezexx

Even if medieval armies got fantasy abilities, I would still count on the modern day armies on winning. Actually, you can probably just end the entire war with just a nuke. 

• Brohoof 1

I like medevial armies more, but we can just shoot them with tanks, maybe even nuke them, maybe even planes and/or trench warfare.

However, if dragons came into the play, and wizards, then we might have a competition here. We could just nuke them, as planes can easily drop nukes and you can't disable nukes. If you could, japan's two cities wouldn't have passed.

Edited by Shift the Third

I think a modern day army would win. I mean, sure the medieval army would probably be better a close-combat, but we have snipers, fully automatic weapons, grenades, etc.

True, that, but the wizards are unfamiliar with the planes, so they wouldn't know which gears to turn off. More likely they will misfire.

As much as I love Medieval subjects, this is a no brainer. A modern army would crush a medieval army in minutes if not seconds. They have archers, swordsmen, horses, and chariots while we have tanks, guns, and bazookas, not to mention better health and armor. We would definitely win against them, unless they used dragons, hydras, witches, sorcerers, or necromancers against us; then we would be dead meat XP.

(edited)
True, that, but the wizards are unfamiliar with the planes, so they wouldn't know which gears to turn off. More likely they will misfire.

What? I mean they will see the plane and use magic like shoot a magic spell and disable the plane not like climb aboard and try to take it apart.

Edited by xxcoolbreezexx

So your basiclly saying wizards, who I might add know NOTHING about technology would be able to turn off the plane every single time, without any prior knowledge about planes?

That's OP.

• 10 months later...

Medieval...

Why? because a lot of the armor back then could take a arrow, so they can take a bullet too, top of all that.. the army's back then where really smart and knew what to do. Sure we have guns... ok.. they have arrows, armor, and brains...

The only way a Midieval army could stand any sort of chance is through an intense amount of favorable strategy and tactics. That said modern armies have learned many lessons from the past and we still refer to famous names like Sun-tzu or Hannibal and more recent in history names like Erwin Rommel.

My bet is on modern army as much as I find older militaries to be interesting.

Edit: Shouldn't forget Arthur Currie, just because.

Edited by Iron Shield

Modern army, just the fact that they're modern implies they would win. In fact, now that we have remote controlled weapons such as drones, I'm 100% certain that the modern army would win no matter how outnumbered they were.

I also forgot to mention that the tactics of the modern armies, not just their equipment, is way more advanced.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Modern day would just cream medieval times, even if the medieval army had the advantage of more men.

Like, come on, Modern day military has tanks, aircraft and much better weaponry.

The medieval age has swords, bows and shields.

Who's going to win? Swords can't stop bullets.

(Let alone a entire cavalry of drones, navy bombardment and artillery..)

Edited by LogicalAventa

As much as I love the Medieval ages, the modern day army would win. There is no competition. Technology has advanced greatly since then. The modern day army would have no trouble defeating the medieval army. They would wipe the floor with them, and that is no exaggeration. Just think about it. Guns, vehicles, aircraft, naval craft, and all sorts of advanced tech against swords, shields, horses, catapults, and other medieval weaponry. Not only that, but tactics have got better since then. That scale is heavily unbalanced and leans towards modern days favor.

Modern army hands down. It wouldn't even be a battle...it'd be a massacre.

Sure, medieval army has thicker armour, but we've got hollow point armour piercing rounds, and 50 caliber rounds capable of penetrating tank armour. Not to mention frag grenades and other infantry carried ordinance. Medievil also don't have any air support.

and even if the medieval guys got close enough for melee, soldiers are highly trained for hand to hand combat as well. They also carry side arms such as pistols and knives

• Brohoof 1

Nukes and missilies and tanks AND guns vs swords spears and pikes. Yeah...not happening. Some missiles could blow a medival army to pieces and their castles.

All they can do is desprately fight while a group of tanks crushes them!

All I really have to say, is that medieval armies had balls! They didn't kill people 800 yards away using sniper rifles, they got their hand dirty, literally! Or should I say bloody?

While medieval warfare is more interesting to me for the most part, its no contest, Modern technology is modern technology for a reason.

The weapons are simply better, more range, more damage, faster reloading, more accurate, bombs, tanks, all kinds of things.

Just because Medieval warfare is interesting in comparison, doesn't mean it would win in a battle.