Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Brony Documentary Discussion

Slendermane

Oh, I have seen this actually. It's been a while, but I thought it was surprisingly really good. The best part imo was probably John De Lancie's 'Let's Go and Meet the Bronies' song/animation, but the documentry as a whole was still pretty cool I guess. I'd like to see a crack at another one sometime though, when the fandom is bigger/older and whatnot, maybe, and not just revolving around conventions and whatnot.

Well that was interesting.. If I had to give it a rating..then I might have to say it would be an 8/10. It was clearly biased, and I would have liked to see an outsider go on an adventure of discovery. But I'm sure someone may do another one, one day.

But this really did do well to show off all of the good the fandom does, all of the positive influences it has on the fanbase. There's no trolling, no flamewars, no threats on someones life, no clop or gore. Just the Brony fandom at its core, at least that's what I got out of it. 

But I liked people that were followed, and got to go with them on their journeys. It was good, just not great to me though. It did manage to get me to tear up a few times.. Guess it reminded me on why I became a Brony in a way. Which is really great, because I have this forum as my extended family now. 

• 3 months later...

So I was looking through Netflix after finishing MLP for the third time and I noticed that it told me that I might like the documentary called Bronies.  I watched about half of it and gave up.  I was just wondering what you ponies thought about it.  Does it help or hurt our cause?  

Aren't there two of them now? I haven't seen it .. or them, if there are.

If I do, am I going to cringe?

I am not going to say it is bad but BUT they have a brony that is autistic in it.

I am not going to say it is bad but BUT they have a brony that is autistic in it.

I don't see how that's a bad thing. Putting such such a stigma on the disability can make life horrible for people like me that even fall onto the higher-function end of spectrum. It was also cool how you see him gain more confidence through-out the movie.

I liked it just because it was cool seeing people have fun at the cons, but I agree it can come off a little vain.  

Aren't there two of them now? I haven't seen it .. or them, if there are.

If I do, am I going to cringe?

Not really. They did a good job of not showing embarrassing stuff(which, is why a lot of people disliked it. They wanted to see people embarrassing themselves and it didn't deliver) 

(edited)

If you are talking about: Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony

I found it to be amazing, heart warming, as well as a glimpse into what men have to face in order to just enjoy life the way they want, both your men of 20yrs of age living in remote areas where pink and blue is the common view and anything outside that is "evil", or young teens who are afraid to tell their parents that they are into something that they would be considered "weird", to the socially challenged and disabled, and how this show, has helped them to get out and meet new people, take chances and view the world in a whole different way.

Including voice talents like Tara Strong, creatores like Laurn Faust, and of course John DeLancie and how they view the whole amazing community and what it has created or developed in regards on how we as fans, can be complete and total strangers and yet still come together to make friendship and trust and have fun together at these cons and fairs. I found an amazing scene of people coming together from all different parts of the world, to support something that is bright and colorful as well as hopeful. Maybe I'm going a bit deep on the subject, but I guess from myself personally... I love the documentry and it opened my eyes even more about how others see the world and what they go through on a daily bases, but can still find the way to smile or find a silver lining knowing there are people just like them, who want nothing more then to have peace, love and friendship in our world, despite the narrow minded opinions of others.

Edited by Lightning Bliss

(edited)
I don't see how that's a bad thing. Putting such such a stigma on the disability can make life horrible for people like me that even fall onto the higher-function end of spectrum. It was also cool how you see him gain more confidence through-out the movie.

I really wasn't trying to offend anyone.....sorry if I did.   My oldest son is autistic and he doesn't act like that at all.  It just kind of got under my skin that they had to bring it up.  I know that MLP helped bring him out of his shell but they should have said that he was mildly autistic or not said anything about it at all.  I can't describe it but I think they could have found another person instead of him to represent the brony population.  Yet again nothing against autistic people.  

Edited by Chaos Storm
  • Brohoof 1

I really wasn't trying to offend anyone.....sorry if I did.   My oldest son is autistic and he doesn't act like that at all.  It just kind of got under my skin that they had to bring it up.  I know that MLP helped bring him out of his shell but they should have said that he was mildly autistic or not said anything about it at all.  I can't describe it but I think they could have found another person instead of him to represent the brony population.  Yet again nothing against autistic people.  

They did, They had him, a married couple that met through the fandom, a 14 year old boy, and a Redneck from down south. That's a pretty diverse group.

They did, They had him, a married couple that met through the fandom, a 14 year old boy, and a Redneck from down south. That's a pretty diverse group.
 I used to live like 45 minutes away from that town in NC.  There really is nothing but a wal-mart in his town.
  • Brohoof 1

@@Chaos Storm

Hi there! It looks like your thread was discussing the Bronies documentary by John De Lancie, so I've merged it with our existing thread on the subject. Just letting you know :)

• 1 month later...

Hello everypony,

I just browsed the net like a always do in the late afternoon (2 AM :D ) and stumpled upon this awesome kickstarter project: a My Little Pony documentary!

Here's the trailer, enjoy: 

So I've read trough some reports/reviews and stuff and it seems like the original inventor of MLP (Lauren Faust) participated in this awesome project and helped it to become something awesome (that's pretty muche awesomeness, I know^^)

I just wanted to inform you about this since I think it's really worth a look.

Have a good night everypony :)

PS: Please move this if I'm posting in the wrong section, didn't know where to put this.

I actually bought this documentary on Itunes, it was rather good from what I recall, focused on how brony community is made up of people from across the world. If I recall there was also some focus on things like charities and cons.  

Hi there, @maxl28. There was already a topic in existence for discussing Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony, so I have merged yours into it.

Please make sure to search the forums before posting a new topic to make sure it doesn't already exist. Thanks. :)

Also, just to let you know if you didn't know this already, this documentary isn't a new project, as it was released in 2012. You should be able to get the whole movie :)