Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do You Keep Going?

The Stranger

i don't know why but for me its just a simple thing that keeps me going. i call it random acts of kindness but it more then that. i was raised in a house that dang near worshiped the news. the problem is the news only shows the dark side of mankind. it told me that this would is full of hate, pain, greed, and corruption. i know its out there i see it my self all the time but well looking for the evils in this world i started to see the good too. people helping people they don't know, giving money freely, talking like friends yet never seen each other before.

seeing this made me realize that this world is not as dark as i was told and now my goal is to also do the random acts of kindness so that others who may be looking for the good will see it to.

that is my reason to keep going  

• Brohoof 2

I don't mean to be that downer guy, but I don't really have a good reason to keep going. We're all gonna die at some point and no matter how much money you make, or how many great and memorable things you do, it's going to end. I guess why I still "go" is because for the most part being alive is better than being dead so I might as well make some sort of attempt at preserving that.

I keep going on the simple fact that I am afraid of what is to come after I die. I mean im not a depressive person as I see myself as a well adjusted person, its just the idea of there being nothing frightens me and I don't want to just "fade away" so to speak. I want there to be something, to just know that all the people I love who die go somewhere better then here. Guess this all sounds silly but that's my reason to keep going in life.

I think It's because, I don't wanna leave without leaving a mark in this world, something to remember me by. Though at the end of the day, when all is said and done...

I don't honestly know if I would have that drive to do it, because I see myself as weak in that aspect of my character.

In all honesty, what keeps me going is the hope that I'll be able to do things on my own like getting a job, owning a home, starting my own family.

Another thing that keeps me going is the fact that I am too afraid to die

Plus killing one's self is never going to accomplish anything, it only shows cowardice in a person and it is really not the smartest of moves

• Brohoof 1

Because I want to have fun and experience life to the fullest. After being so depressed I'd rather have been dead, I've realized that life is awesome and I want to live it to the max. And also, there's a certain someone in my life... and he's awesome...

there are two things that keeps me going.
one is that if something happens i just think that some people have it worse, and i know quiet a lot :C
so i dont get all bummed and depressed.

the second thing is, as long as i can make someone happy, doesnt matter who. i will make that one happy, making someone else happy is the greatest thing in the world for me.

• 1 month later...

there have been so many times where i could have died. where it would have been a simple matter of cutting the veins in my wrist and died. ive come close on several occasions.  one of the times- i had it all planned out - everything- i would go home and cut the wrists deep enough that i bleed to death. i lived alone so it would have been easy. life was depressing- it always is and always will be- especially when ur alone going through it. at the time i couldn't take it. the bullying, the lying, the beatings, the broken heart- everything- it was too much. but something happned that particular day. i met someone- (sounds stupid and a stupid reason for a life to keep going) but it wasn't like anything i had ever thought to exsperice. i had drempt about this person- very distinctly-as the one i was supposed to marry and  grow old with but when i woke up i could never see his face- but the smell lingered- i recognized the smell that day- on him- and i knew- it was really kinda funny actually- he loved all the same stuff i did- literatly and through time ive become such a better person because of him. he has inspired me to become more then what i thought i could do. be better then what i was told i could be.

That being the case i need to become more then what i am now- become the person i desire most to be- i want to be remembered- never forgotten- i want to live and be the best me there is- and i know its not going to be easy- that has always been the case- but in order to help those around me and beyond i have to help myself first- to become the very person i desire most to be and fulfill my purpose in this life- there have been so many times where i was given the chance to live or to die and in the end , life was always the winner- that by some force of nature or twist of fate i am meant to live to fulfill a greater purpose then what i can comprehend at this time and moment - at this place i live in- with this in mind i have to stop fooling around with time and with myself. I know i born to be something better then just another human. i wasn't born by accident. i was born here for a greater purpose then what i know. When it comes my time for that change i want to be standing strong- i want to be remembered for  who i am and what i have done- i want people to see that i stood up for my God and my country with every fiber of my being. i want to people to see that i did everything i could to help and inspire those around me, i want to inspire people to find themselves and become as strong as i am or even stronger. i want to influence those around me and even those who i have never met or seen- to have this sense of desire to better themselves- gain strength with in themselves and have this desire to love and honour and respect everything about themselves and those surrounding them. there is more  purpose to my life  then simply sitting around living a normal life of selfishness and hate- the energy in my fingers buzz with a power- an energy that is powerful and my heart beat is stronger- there is no doubt of who i am and my destiny- and thats why i keep going.

• Brohoof 2

The only reason I keep going is for my husband, who I love dearly.  I would also say the fear of death but that does not push me forward as my love for my husband does.  I want to add God, but that has been a very difficult journey.  I have been through very harsh things that makes my husband often ask me this very question.

• Brohoof 1

Why do I keep going? Life has far too much to offer for me to NOT keep going.

I am extremely blessed in that I have a wonderfully supportive family and a stable living situation. But my reasons are far more simple.

I live for the little things. The small moments. That one-liner I hear from my dad. That awesome song I randomly hear on the radio. That silly internet video that makes me laugh. That movie that made me cheer... or laugh... or cry. The triumphant feeling when my team wins the game. Or when I win one on my own. That reassuring feeling I get when I see my best friend and know he'll always be there if I need him for anything.

Without those things I can't imagine I'd be as happy as I am.

(edited)

Personally I'm afraid to grow up in some aspects. Like I know that one day I will have to get a full time job and get my own place and all that. I just worry... any advice?

In the back of my mind though I realize once I do move out and get started (with a job and such  it will become easier - new things almost always seem harder than they actually are.

In all honesty I have wanted to give up more times than I can count (sounds a bit pathetic I know). I just worry so much and that is probably not good for me.

Edited by DarkEly

That's hard to say really, sometimes I feel extremely alone and things seem hopeless. I'm always feeling bad for myself, wondering what could have been. I'm a caring individual as well, but I tend to stop caring when everyone else stops caring. I wear my heart on my sleeves, so getting hurt easily is commonplace.

I keep going because of my friends and family, because they wouldn't want to see me give up. I keep going, because giving up leads to nothing. I keep going because a chance of success, is better than no chance at all.

• Brohoof 1

That's hard to say really, sometimes I feel extremely alone and things seem hopeless. I'm always feeling bad for myself, wondering what could have been. I'm a caring individual as well, but I tend to stop caring when everyone else stops caring. I wear my heart on my sleeves, so getting hurt easily is commonplace.

I keep going because of my friends and family, because they wouldn't want to see me give up. I keep going, because giving up leads to nothing. I keep going because a chance of success, is better than no chance at all.

I couldn't agree more with what you just said (or in this articular case typed on a keyboard). I feel very similar, but I couldn't quite say it right. Thank you!

As a person who has dealt and still does deal with depression, I feel for you. I have to say that what keeps me going is the thought that I can truly grow to to make a difference in this world. When I get passed all the heartache and the stress I can actually contribute to society, get married, have kids and be happy. I stick to the thought that no matter how dark it may be today, you can always be sure that the sun will come out tomorrow, no matter how long the night prior to it is.

I couldn't agree more with what you just said (or in this articular case typed on a keyboard). I feel very similar, but I couldn't quite say it right. Thank you!

Speaking from the heart is quite a delicate art, and it was my pleasure to help you express your thoughts. I'm glad I could express what you were unable to compose into a post, sometimes the words you want to express don't come to mind right away.

• Brohoof 1

I keep going because I know I have something to keep me busy, whether it's parents yelling/praising me, talking to my Internet boyfriend, playing Pokemon, fangirling over Applejack, et cetera. I'm not quite as depressed as I was a few months ago, thanks to those things above that keep me entertained.

Why shouldn't I keep going? I'll be dead within the century most likely, so I'll figure out what not going is like sooner or later. Also regardless of what happens to me or others, this world is interesting, and it shall always be interesting. Unless I become an immortal time god, then I doubt I'll ever see so much of the world that it ceases to be interesting. 

Those little things alone are what keep me going just dandy.

• Brohoof 2

I keep going because there' still so much of the life to enjoy. I enjoy new experiences and meeting new people and there's always something new and exciting to do! I'm very lucky to have been brought up with a very close family and  good bunch of friends and that has made me a very optimistic person. 

I can't look at things in a bad way I always feel there is a method to creating happiness in both my life and others. I want to be able to always have that feeling I've made somebodies day and I'm going to keep going until I fully experience what there is to do. I don't judge other people by what they do because it makes them unique and at the same time it makes me wonder what that experience is like and I end up trying it out myself.

• Brohoof 2

Because what else is there to do? Lay down and die or hop on this crazy ass ride that we call life and roll with the hits. Experience the best and worst of life, meet a few good people and have some funny storys to tell the youth of the future. To quote one of my favorite rap artist " It was beautiful. It was brutal. It was cruel. It was business as usual." Sage Francis "The Best of Times"

Why do I keep going...  to see what happens tomorrow.  Lifes just one big challenging adventure where a lot of experiences can be made.  The day that I stop believing this is probably the day I stop going.

I respect your values to keep going, Im not hating on any of them. But what keeps me going is mostly my job which is a cannon crewmember 13b in the army and my friends and family. I aint got much left other than that. Im a really mellow person and really thats all i ever need. Oh and ponies help. :wub:

• Brohoof 1