Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do You Keep Going?

The Stranger

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Eh. A few reasons.

• Because I can't bring myself to do it. I've stared down knives, fourth-story windows/balconies, and barrels before. But I don't have the guts for it.
  • My little sister. Seriously. She's the only one in my family who knows I have suicidal thoughts, and she'd be really upset if she didn't tell anyone.
  • My family. They already hate me enough, and if I offed myself, they'd go around and defame me to everyone I know.
  • My friends. I have very few of them, but the ones that I do have would miss me very much. @Summer Breeze
  • I'm waiting for an opportunity. I'm waiting for a grenade to land in a group of people. I'd jump on that bitch in a heartbeat. I'd be a hero, not a coward.

I keep going so I can see Coloratura's beautiful face everyday; to love her, to kiss her, to 'tell' her how much she means to me. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here.

Coloratura is the only thing I live for.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

Pursuing my dreams and goals, seeing the people who mean the world to me happy, and just...living life to its fullest is what keeps me going. The thought of "quitting" has never once crossed my mind. :twi:

Well there are a few things. I have been troubled with suicidal thoughts for most of my life since I was a teenager. But now I'm not, luckily.

• The main reason why I haven't thought about suicide recently and the main thing keeping me alive: I'm in love. My boyfriend loves me to pieces and it makes me feel good about life! :D Also, I want to live the rest of my days with him and I can't do that hanging off of a pecan tree... :( But I love him too much to hate life! :wub:
  • I have a close friend that's been really helping me deal with my issues. I'm able to be open with her more than I have with anyone else. She also allows me to be on her computer so I don't have to use up my dad's phone's data so much, and we go to her house for dinner every few days. I really appreciate what she's done for me :)
  • My dream of making a successful tabletop game. It's my life's work so abandoning it feels a little wrong.
  • My family, though my dad is part of the problem and I hardly see most of the rest of them anymore.
  • My newly found self-esteem. I know this is mostly because of my love for a nice man, but I've been feeling much better about myself as a whole as well. :)

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have suffered from depression before, but with some effort over time, I have become more hopeful. I have my love for my siblings and parents, as well the the desire to start a family of my own someday. I'm also excited about getting an education and learning more about the world and the universe. I also have my religion, which gives me a the comfort of knowing that no matter what happens in my life, I'll always be loved and given a way to be happy through my problems in life and beyond.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, Dustlicious2020 said:

Well there are a few things. I have been troubled with suicidal thoughts for most of my life since I was a teenager. But now I'm not, luckily.

• The main reason why I haven't thought about suicide recently and the main thing keeping me alive: I'm in love. My boyfriend loves me to pieces and it makes me feel good about life! :DBut I love him too much to hate life! :wub:
  • My dream of making a successful tabletop game. It's my life's work so abandoning it feels a little wrong.
  • My family, though my dad is part of the problem and I hardly see most of the rest of them anymore.
  • My newly found self-esteem. I know this is mostly because of my love for a nice man, but I've been feeling much better about myself as a whole as well. :)

Pretty much this still. :) And it gets better. My life doesn't entirely feel like it's in shambles anymore. :D I feel like a part of my BF's (quite dysfunctional) family now, in a way. :huh: I'LL ALSO HAVE GAMES THAT AREN'T TOXIC F2P GAMES, WHICH IS GOOD RIGHT?

But, also worse... I took out the second bullet. Reason being, she started becoming way too obsessive and even a little possessive. I don't particularly enjoy being treated like somebody else's unless their name is, well, what my BF's name is (but he'd better not abuse the privilege, but my knowledge of him makes me 99 point infinite number of 9's percent sure he won't). :wub: I didn't mention that online friends helped a bit, but I will say... look where that got me. :dry: I've gotten stabbed in the back by a few "friends" that treated me like dirt.

Edited by Dustlicious2020

I really don't know sometimes what keeps me going, besides booze or video games, but then again suicide is the option I really don't wanna take because is the easy way out, and that is just plain awful. Besides, life has always being a piece shit. You either get smart or depressed

Oh, I'll keep going alight!

Today, it is a nice Sunday morning and I am already trying to decide what joy to work on. I have a lot of inspiration. Just an example, a friend of mine called Lord Valtasar (not tagging because I don't want to interrupt him) is currently helping me realizing one of my goals in life. I just can't seem to stop going! :D

I dunno 

My views might be a bit depressing but

Im just here until I’m not. 

I wish I could say I have some big inspiring thing that keeps me going but I don’t really. I just get up do whatever go to sleep and do the same thing tomorrow. Passing the time until I die.

• 7 months later...

The feeling of accomplishment and the feeling of actually creating something for the world. That, and being able to impact people by doing so.

As for life in general, I’d say it’s for all the moments I get to spend with friends and family.

I want to enjoy what this world has to offer during our relatively short time we have (some too short ): ). I want to create... I’d like to make a positive difference to many.

• Brohoof 1