Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Misconceptions

StarGazer

(edited)

you can tell her that, yes there are people who like that sort of shipping, but most of the people that call themselves broenies just like to watch the show and even get on sites like these to expres there love for the show in a friendly and (save and accepted) sociaty.

i think that would clear things up :)

I didn't really want to get into shipping with her, but I did explain that they just liked the show and she seemed okay with it. I think it's better than Family Guy and less dirty/ perverted too but that's more acceptable. She joked and said maybe she'd tell her husband to watch it, but he'd cut off his arm before he did. I told her she'd have better luck with her kids. Maybe she'll watch it.... I think she still has some reservations about Bronies though, but it's a start. Stupid Elliott, he needs more bronies to bug him with love and tolerance. We need to make him watch the show.

There's another guy I work with that loves pink, wearing sparkly flamboyant stuff, dying his hair all fancy, and is really into fashion. I asked him if he watched the show and he said "isn't that a girl's show?" I am going to make him watch an episode during his lunch break one of these days. I'm thinking of Zecora.

Edited by StarGazer

Then she says, I have something really disturbing to tell you, have you ever heard of a brony?

I said, yes, they are boys that like MLP.

She shakes her head, my friend told me that they are boys that like to imagine themselves having sex with MLPs. They create characters for themselves and make senarios like this and completely sexualize the ponies. They are also really creepy and might be pedophiles.

(wow three threads I've used this picture on so far, it could come in handy to have it in my clipboard all the time)

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Judging from the sheer number of the clopfics going around in this fanbase, can't really say that this stereotype is totally untrue :/

But it's definitely unfair saying each and every one of us enjoys such activity just because some of us do

I didn't really want to get into shipping with her, but I did explain that they just liked the show and she seemed okay with it. I think it's better than Family Guy and less dirty/ perverted too but that's more acceptable. She joked and said maybe she'd tell her husband to watch it, but he'd cut off his arm before he did. I told her she'd have better luck with her kids. Maybe she'll watch it.... I think she still has some reservations about Bronies though, but it's a start. Stupid Elliott, he needs more bronies to bug him with love and tolerance. We need to make him watch the show.

There's another guy I work with that loves pink, wearing sparkly flamboyant stuff, dying his hair all fancy, and is really into fashion. I asked him if he watched the show and he said "isn't that a girl's show?" I am going to make him watch an episode during his lunch break one of these days. I'm thinking of Zecora.

that sounds more like rarity to me :P

Yeah, that'll go over well XD

"Excuse me, I know you think I'm a creepy pervert, but if you come over to my house later today, I'll explain why I'm not."

But seriously, I'd just tell her something like "I'm a brony, and the majority of us aren't like that. We're just normal people who like a kids show. Sure, there are a few who think of the characters in sexual ways, but truth be told, most of the rest of us brines think they're just as creepy as you do."

Jusy sugesting something... ^^ good luck anyway :) hope u can straighten out our name :)

The term brony seems to be heading down the same path as with furries... starts out as just a meaning of someone liking something, then it turns into a horrible sexual stigma, all because of a few trolls and idiots. It makes me wonder what other crap has been dumped upon the brony community.

Hopefully, us bronies as a whole will have a strong enough voice to prevent that stigma and other false statements about bronies and the fandom.

As for the situation, just tell the person the truth about the community, and show her the community itself. Hopefully she'll understand then.

Edited by Wonka

We live in a terrible world, my bronies. This religion fandom will always have rumors like that lurking around.

BUT guess who's job is it to fight it?

Can't say I'm that suprised that this happened. Yeah its sad and certainly not the message that I believe the community is putting out, but people make assumptions all the time. And judgmental decisions like labling someone gay just because they enjoy the show are inevitable. Some people just won't understand or ever be able to accept that others enjoy the show for the simple reason of quality entertainment.

I'm afraid that what Wonka said is coming to fruition, we will someday be cursed by an iniquitous rumour.

But alas we shouldn't let sure triffle bother us. Live for the day, [insert more motivational material].

• 9 years later...
On 2012-01-24 at 9:44 AM, ScottishUnicorn said:

> Subject A enjoys a TV show about crime and drug dealers.

> Subject B enjoys a TV show about ponies and friendship.

Can you guess which behavior is considered socially unacceptable?

Good point.