Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

10 Questions for Members who are 20 and under(or older)

Wingnut

As an older member in the forum I put together a questionnaire that will help compare and contrast the worldview people in different age groups have. Everybody is welcome to participate but, as you will see, answers will differ greatly from those well over 20.  EDIT:  Unfortunately, I can't change the title to "10 Questions for Members who are 20 and under (or older)."  :/

1. Do you know how to use a rotary phone and have you ever dialed one? If so, how long ago?

2. Did you have an early part in your life without Internet access? Parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count.

3. What is the earliest national or world crisis you have a first hand memory of? Most of you will probably say September 11.

4. Can you recall if your family had an old-fashioned TV with dials on it?

5. Can you tell me what it's like to read about Saddam Hussein, Bill Clinton, the reunification of Germany, 9/11, and Hurricane Katrina in history textbooks?

EDIT:  I realize we have members all over the world.  Feel free to cite whatever the latest history you saw in your school books was. 

6. Do you or does anybody in your family refuse to carry a cell phone? Again, parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count.

7. Do you remember old school 5 1/4 inch floppy disks for computers? Maybe you're so young you don't even remember the 3.5 inch disks that were discontinued just a few years ago?

8. When was the last time you used the Yellow Pages to look up a phone number?

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.  :P

10. Do cartoons from the 1980s look and sound as dated to you as cartoons from the '60s appear to me?

Edited by Chigens and Kay
Fixed the title ;)
  • Brohoof 15

I'm 14, these are my answers:

1. Yes, but I've never used one

2. Nope, I've had internet ever since I was 6

3. That would be swine flu, it's the only worldwide epidemic I can truly say I experienced.

4. Dials?

5. Well, I can tell you the reactions of people, but it's not in any textbook I've seen

6. Nope, not even my 85 year-old grandpa.

7. I saw what floppy disks are but I never used any.

8. 2009 (I think)

9. Tom & Jerry, me and my dad used to watch it every night.

10. Not really, I mean some of them were cheesy and stupid but I don't think they're outdated they're just old I guess.

• Brohoof 2

As an older member in the forum I put together a questionnaire that will help compare and contrast the worldview people in different age groups have. Everybody is welcome to participate but, as you will see, answers will differ greatly from those well over 20.

1. Do you know how to use a rotary phone and have you ever dialed one? If so, how long ago?

I know how to use one, I think I dialled one once but that was years ago.

2. Did you have an early part in your life without Internet access? Parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count.

We got dial up when I was 5 or so, I can remember hearing the SCREEEE noise more or less from when I was young.

3. What is the earliest national or world crisis you have a first hand memory of? Most of you will probably say September 11.

I remember September 11, but the thing I remember most of all has to be the beginnings of the Iraq war that came after.

Yeah, I remember playing the Sega Megadrive on it. :)

5. Can you tell me what it's like to read about Saddam Hussein, Bill Clinton, the reunification of Germany, 9/11, and Hurricane Katrina in history textbooks?

I haven't been to school in 2 or 3 years, and they didn't talk about most of those things. I did hear about the re-unification of germany, but that was when we were studying the fall of communism.

6. Do you or does anybody in your family refuse to carry a cell phone? Again, parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count.

I refuse to carry a cell phone/mobile phone because I think they're evil.

7. Do you remember old school 5 1/4 inch floppy disks for computers? Maybe you're so young you don't even remember the 3.5 inch disks that were discontinued just a few years ago?

I remember seeing massive stacks of those in my dad's study.

About 4 years ago or so

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.   :P

Probably either The Powerpuff Girls, Dexters Lab or The Simpsons.

10. Do cartoons from the 1980s look and sound as dated to you as cartoons from the '60s appear to me?

80's cartoons look awesome. :) Dated, but awesome.

• Brohoof 1

1. Not at all. I wish I did though, they look a lot of fun.

2. Not really, but I've never seen much adult things. I was a good boy, so I've always obeyed my parents for the longest time.

3.Hurricane Katrina

4.No. We had a couple old TVs, but not that old. (At least from what I remember)

5.Uh, Saddam, Katrina, and Bill Clinton were never in any texts of mine. Probably because they're not that old to begin with. (At least for history)

6.Nope, we all have GS3s and holy shit they're awesome.

7.Oh I remember Floppy Disks. I don't remember using one though. The 3.5in ones sound weird though.

8.Never

9.Damn that's a hard one. I loved a lot of cartoons, but probably the best one out of them would be Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends. God I fucking miss that show. ;_;

10.No, only certain ones can do that. Hard to explain. Kind of like music as well.

I'm 18, so I'm probably not quite the age range you want but why not.

1. I've never actually used a rotorary phone. I knew some kids who owned one back in second grade, but I never needed to use it.
  2. I had an early part of my life without internet access and then when I was a teenager I had several times without internet access. There were several times when I was a teen when I was homeless, so yeah.
  3. Even though I do remember 9/11 and all, I actually have a little bit of a memory of the whole Columbine incident. I don't remember really anything, as I was 4, but I remember somebody telling me something about it.
  4. My immediate family didn't have one, but in the homeless shelter that I used to live in and some random person's house that I used to live in there was one.
  5. It's school, so generally it's booring but I personally found it interesting.
  6. My parents used to be like that, but eventually they gave in and use one all the time.
  7. Yes actually I remember these things. I used to have an old case full of them that had some Apple II games on there. I also used them for storage on my first computer until I finally had enough money to upgrade my laptop to have a CD drive when I was 13.
  8. Two years ago.
  9. I'm not really sure what you mean by fall in love, but I remember absolutely loving Pokemon to the point where I wanted to become a real life animal trainer.
  10. Not really, but they certainly don't look near as polished as newer cartoons. Now cartoons from the 60's usually look so bad it's hard to watch.
  • Brohoof 1

1. Yes and No.

2. Probably, but I can't remember much from that far back.

3. I didn't pay attention to the news much when my age was in the single digits, so maybe 9/11, but even then, I only knew a tiny bit.

4. Very much yes.

5. I'm Australian, so we learnt Australian history. Most of it about the colonization of Australia by the English or World War I.

6. Nope.

7. I don't remember them from the past, I remember them from the present. Being a Video Game collector, I have a few 5 1/4 inch floppy games that I can't play, like Lemmings 2. I had a Windows 3 computer that had a 5 1/4 inch floppy drive, but I didn't know what it was for. Being the stupid kid that I was, I got a CD stuck in there hoping that it was a CD drive.

8. Beats me. I can say that it's a rare event though.

9. Hard to say for sure. I liked a lot of cartoons, but I didn't really "fall in love" with any individual shows until much later, when 4Kids' over-edited and over-censored anime came into my life. So probably Pokemon or Digimon.

10. Yes, yes they do.

I'm currently 18 and reside in Europe, but when I was born I was in Russia so my youth was kinda different from most people. I left Russia when I was around 5, so that's the year 1999.

1. Jup! I've never used one but I know how to use one.

2. Yes, up until my 11th or 12th we didn't have internet, that's around the time when you leave elementary. And yes, that was up until 2005 or 2006.

3. 1995, I was one year old but I still can remember a lot of it. It was the time when a small part of Kazakhstan was still part of Russia when I was born. A year later this part, due to riots and opposition, was allowed to join the rest of Kazakhstan. I remember when we crossed the (new) border of Kazakhstan to Russia and there was a lot of control, and there were still many people protesting for some reason. It was kinda scary as I experienced it first-hand.

4. Yes! Oh, the good times, we only had 3 channels on it though.

5. Having been old enough to know about every event except for the reunification I can't tell ya much about this. It's strange that these events seem like "history" to many people yet they feel so close to today.

6. Nope, all of us are frequent phone users.

7. Yes! I know both of 'em! I remember the games you had to copy-paste to your own pc to play them without the floppy.

8. I've never used a phone book to look up someone's phone number because I always remembered every single number.

9. Edd Ed 'n Eddy, that show was pure genious.

10. Depends, how dated do the cartoons of the 60s appear to you? For me, they both sound evenly old but then again, I had different cartoons than you and when I was in Russia all the cartoons from every era were used, we didn't really have a time when this or so cartoon was popular and when it stopped being popular it would be discontinued. Although some cartoons were cancelled we still saw them pretty often on tv. I remember my mother saying plenty of times that she saw plenty of cartoons on tv that were popular back when she was young.

• Brohoof 3

1. No, can't say I ever have.

2. Yes, though it wasn't very long if I remember right.

3. September 11th.

4. We did actually, it sat in the basement and was the main TV for that floor up until early 2004 or so.

5. I never was good at History, though I do remember extensively covering World War II above everything else.

6. I do and I only got one cause I was pretty much forced to. Hardly use it anyway.

7. Yes. Actually, I think i still have a few lying around for no reason.

8. I can't remember ever using the Yellow Pages.

9. It was either Stickin Around or Mummies Alive, not sure which.

10. No, can't say they do.

As an older member in the forum I put together a questionnaire that will help compare and contrast the worldview people in different age groups have. Everybody is welcome to participate but, as you will see, answers will differ greatly from those well over 20.

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.  :P

I can is 14.

1. I have, but I forget how long ago it was.

2. I believe when I was 2-4 years old I went without internet. From there on ive been here ever since.

3. It wasnt 9/11, but it was Feb 18, 2001, and yes it was National.

4. Nope. But they probably had it at one point in time.

5. Its like reading national/world events, nothing much.

6. Nope.

7. I do, because my dad has some floppy discs. And I never knew 3.5 inch discs were discontinued.

8. A couple months ago for Gamestop.

9. Sesame Street.

10. I honestly dont know, but I know cartoons from the 90's were much different then the 80's.

Edited by Moon Wave

Mmm, some interesting questions there! I'll try and answer best I can (I'm 19, so I can answer these :P)

1. I know how to use one, but never have before

2. I remember not using the internet, if that counts, but because I never paid any attention to it I can't fully answer it :P

3. First hand? So actually taking part? None xD...if not taking part...hmm...9/11 I guess :S (tho I know stuff like the fall of the berlin wall, Falklands war etc. 

4. If by dials you mean the old TVs which you had to manually tune then nope.

5. None of those topics have been seen in any history books I've read.

6. Not that I know of, however some people often forget to take it with them.

7. I don't remember 5 1/4 ones, but 3.5" floppies <3 I loved the games on them ^^ they were boss

8. Never?

9. That's a hard one :3 I remember loving a ton of cartoons (and anime) such as Rugrats, Animaniacs and Digimon

10. Nope, they feel correct to the time frame they came out in. TV evolves like everything else. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm nearly 20, french, here are my answers:

1. Yep, 14 years ago with my gran-gran-granmother (don’t know how to say it in English).
  2. Yes, and barely half of my life, my parents couldn’t afford it.
  3. September 11 I think. You should have seen the French restriction after that. Militaries at every corners, so weird.
  4. It passed out only 2 years ago, it was older than me.
  5. Well I never read about it in books.
  6. My gran mother.
  7. Nope, we didn’t have computer at home anyway.
  8. Long ago, more or less than 6 years, but I still use my agenda ^^
  9. Batman The Animated Series, and I’m still in love with it. I still have my old VHS and keep an old TV only to watch them.
  10. To me, most of the actual cartoons looks and sounds like crap, so the 80s’ones doesn’t feel dated but refreshing.
Edited by marlyly

18 here.

1. I know how to use one but never really called anyone with it.

2. No.

3.It is indeed, September 11.

4. Yes, took awhile before we had a "better" TV.

5. Nothing about Saddam or Katrina, there was some about Bill Clinton in the political part of my history book.. but very minor since I'm from the Netherlands.

6. Me, I'm.. special in that regard.. Haven't really needed it till now, will use it in some time though.. I have no choice.

7. I remember them, I was always fascinated by how they looked.

8. I never used it in my whole life. I usually just called friends and family we got these numbers in the phone or on some board.

9. I was watching TV a lot as kid, loved it! Do mind it was my VERY FIRST favourite animation as far as I can remember.

I cannot recall the name and I've been trying to find it the last hour with no succes.. It is about two animal dolls going into stories and fairy tails at night (when they come alive) and help the story go as it is supposed to end. 

If anyone knows the name of these series I would appreciate it if you'd tell me!

No, only certain ones can do that. Hard to explain. Kind of like music as well.

1. I've never used one, but I have seen one way back when, when I was younger.

2. Yes. It wasn't until I was about 7 when I first even knew about the internet. 

3. Errr... the closest thing I could remember would be the 2003 European heatwave thing that went on. :v I don't really remember anything from when I was a kid.

4. I remember my great grandmother on my father's side had one. I found it to be fascinating. 

5. Uh, that sounds like American stuff... :v Never really learned too much of that in textbooks.

6. Nope.

7. I've seen one, but I've never used one, and I've never seen anyone use one.

8. When I first moved to Amuricuh, I had to use one, so when I was 10.

9. Courage the Cowardly Dog.

10. Probably, if not worse. 

I'm 18 so I think I should respond to this.

1. Nope

2. Until I was 13 I lived a lot in a place that didn't have internet access so yeah, until then I had no internet.

3. that would be 9/11 though it is a little fuzzy since I was in 1st grade I believe.

4. Yes I remember using watching that kind of TV in one of my less than great memories from when I was 4 :/

5. I can only tell you about reading about the Reunification of Germany... Then again my first taste of that was in Austin Powers :P

6. No... No one in my Family even uses home phones anymore (Not even my 70-80 something grandmother does)

7. I remember floppy disks... I tried to get the Sims (CD Rom only) to work on an old computer that only used Floppy disks but unsurprisingly it didn't :P not sure the size of the disks though.

8. just the other day I tried but then was like fuck it and used Google

9. Watched it every now and again Fairly odd parents, Absolutely head over heels Invader Zim

10.Not really...

I'm 16 years old. I was born on December 8th, 1996. Here are my answers to your questions.

1. I have never used a rotary phone before. If I understand correctly, they are the telephones with the wheels that you have to turn to dial numbers, hence its denotation as "rotary." I remember playing with a toy one in the nursery at church a long time ago, though. I do not know how to use them.

2. Well, there was an early part of my life when I didn't know what the internet was. When I was still a young child, I would use my mom's computer at her office at the university she is an associate professor at, since we didn't have internet access at home. I got my own computer for the first time when I was younger. Eventually, when I was around 10 years old or so, maybe 12, I got a new laptop, and that was the first time I had access to the internet on my own computer at home. Then, just last month, a few weeks before I turned 16, I got my own desktop computer with greatly enhanced capabilities, along with internet connection. (Both my old laptop and my current desktop computer have wireless internet connections.)

3. I'm honestly not sure. Maybe Hurricane Katrina. I actually didn't learn about 9/11 until many years afterward, because my parents didn't want me to have to know about something so horrible when I was at that age (5 years old).

4. If I remember correctly, my family did not use an old-fashioned TV with dials on it. At least not when I was alive.

5. I probably learned most about these things from talking to my parents about it, and watching the news. In school they didn't start teaching us about World War II and other violent/disturbing things until the 8th grade, and by that point I had already learned about a bunch of this sort of thing. However I did learn a lot more about the Holocaust then. When I first learned about these things I was so horrified that such evil could exist, I didn't know how to handle the information. I became angry and unhappy. One of the reasons why I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so much is because it has helped me to remember that just because all these horrible things happened doesn't mean that wonderful things don't happen, because they certainly do, and they are far more powerful than evil. I go into more detail about this here.

6. My mom and dad have cellphones. I don't have one, because I honestly don't feel like I need one. When I need to talk to people, I just talk to them on the internet, call them on the phone, or talk to them in person.  

7. I remember using floppy disks when I was younger. I've always loved computers, and I did a bunch of experiments with them when I was a young child. However, I don't remember what size they were. 

8. The last time I used the Yellow Pages to look up someone's phone number was probably a few months ago. Whenever I need to know someone's number who lives in my city, and my parents don't know, I use the Yellow Pages.

9. The first cartoon I fell in love with was the Redwall cartoon that used to air on PBS. I loved that so much. I also read the books, and continued to read them when I was older. I think there still might be at least one Redwall book by Brian Jacques that I haven't read yet. I haven't read any of his books for several years, unfortunately. I was very sad when I learned that he passed away.

10. Anything in the media from the 80s and older, sometimes even the 90s, looks dated to me. However, I don't mean that in a negative sense. I personally love older cartoons like Tom and Jerry, and some of my favorite movies are black and white movies. In fact, many black and white movies I've seen are so much better than many modern day movies I have seen. Some of my favorite black and white movies are The Bishop's Wife, all those awesome road movies with Bing Crosby and Bob Hope. I also love the movies with William Powell and Myrna Loy. So, to me, it doesn't matter what era something in the media came from, cartoon or otherwise. 

• Brohoof 3

1. I know how to use one, but I have never actually had to use one. They were still around when I was a child, but by the time I actually used telephones they all had buttons on them.

2. No, I've had internet ever since I was old enough to know how to use a computer. We got our first modern-ish computer in 2001. We had skipped both Windows 98, 99, ME and the likes, and the first stationary computer we owned had Windows XP. So by then I had already grown old enough to understand how to use a computer, and we had an easy enough access to internet.

3. It was September 11. I was playing in the livingroom when the news suddenly showed some footage of the first plane crashing into one of the towers. My mother thought it was horrible, but I was too young to understand back then. But when living far away from a crisis you quickly forget, and the next day I had already forgotten.

4. No we always had somewhat modern TVs. Not cutting edge technology or anything, but before now we haven't really had old fashioned TVs. Now we do but that's mostly because we just can't afford anything better than our old TV right now.

5. I haven't read any of those things in textbooks. I've read a lot about Germany, but those books mostly focus on the second world war, rather than the Berlin wall. Rest of the things mentioned I have heard about, but have never been taught anything about them or read anything about them. They haven't been big issues in Europe.

6. No my family is quite good with technology. I have two great grandmothers who still use their home phone more than their cell phone, but they do own cell phones.

7. Oh I do remember the old disks! My very first digital painting program was on one of them. Our computer wasn't very good at running them though, so the program crashed quite often.

8. I think I was around 6 or 7 years old. And even then it was mostly for fun. I didn't actually need to find a number, I was just checking out how many had my last name.

9. Moomins. Still love them. There is no better cure than a big blanket, some hot toddy and Moomins.

10. Depends on the cartoon whether or not it is dated. I find some of them to be way better than many modern day cartoons. Not all of them though.

• Brohoof 1

1. Yeah, I know how to use one, and the last time I used one was about two years ago when I was staying at a B&B in wales.

2. The family didn't get our first computer until I was in year 5 or 6 (about 9 or 10) and we didn't get internet until a few years later when I was in high school.

3. The very earliest one I can remember was princess Diana dying, but I was only just old enough to understand what was happening.

4. No.

5. (I'm in England) We only briefly past over the reunification in history class at the end of learning about WWII and the Berlin wall. Never studied any of the others in my life time.

6. My father only got one recently, but he doesn't even charge it..

7. I remember playing with them when I visited my uncle's and one of my cousins letting me play a game on one, but I don't remember the game.

8. A few months ago just after we moved and didn't have our internet set up.

9. Noah and Nelly in.. the Skylark! It wasn't a proper series, just a couple of animated shorts but I fell in love with it and watched it again and again on VHS. First proper cartoon series was probably the Simpsons, my dad and I watched it together a lot.

10. A little. I will admit I have been spoiled by the visual and audio quality of my generation,

• Brohoof 1

1. Yes, my grandfather had a rotary phone until about 3-4 years ago. I dialed it when I was young, if I recall correctly.

2. Yes. I don't think we got internet until 2004.

3. My brother being born. 9/11. I probably could recall things much earlier than that if people ask about specifics, but as a child I was kind of oblivious to my surroundings so I can't think of anything off of the top of my head. At the time I didn't even see the significance of 9/11. My dad refused to tell me what happened so I thought my grandma had died. I remember being relieved when I realized what actually happened because I lived purely in my own little world, and wasn't concerned about anything outside of it. I only see the event as significant in retrospect, especially because it has become one of the most notorious events in American history.

4. I am not sure.

5. Well I was old enough to understand all of those except the reunification of Germany. In that case, it is just like reading about anything in history before I was born.

6. I didn't get a cell phone until 2 years ago, but I'm fairly certain all of my family gas them now. I don't use mine much though.

7. Remember them? I used them all of the time when I was a kid! 

8. A couple months ago for the veterinarian. I haven't really looked up any numbers in any other way since then. I don't like talking on the phone.

9. The first one I watched was probably Ren & Stimpy. The first one I loved was Dragonball Z. I also recall a love for Barney and Power Rangers, though they aren't cartoons.

10. Hey! I like cartoons from the Sixties.  :( Some of the ones from the Eighties are good too, although many are just cheesy  :P

• Brohoof 1

Im 15 years old and these are my answers:

1. I know how to use one, but i have never used a real one.

2. Well, when i was 9 i got  my first computer, and from then on i had access to the internet, but of course for very short periods of time every day.

3. The first actual world-kindof-crisis i have experienced that i remember is the swine flu i think.

4. Nope. Never seen one IRL.

5. Im not sure how to answer that question, sorry.

6. No, none of my family is strictly against mobile telephones. I got my first phone this year actually, jsut because i didnt ever seem to need one before.

7. I know what they are, never used them though.

8. Never. If i need a number from a palce like a restaurant or so, i google it, or ask someone. 

9. I used to absolutely love spongebob, dragonball Z, detective conan, avatar (last air bender), ren and stimpy, and digimon. I was never a fan of pokemon for some reason.

10. I just think theyre dated and are for different tastes than nowadays.

Thanks for asking, was fun to answer you :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm exactly 20:

I know what one is, and I've seen one,  but never used one

Yes, I was like 10 before we even had dial-up

9/11

Never as a main TV in the the lving room, be we used them for other things, like bedroom TVs(I still have a couple kicking around)

Couldn't tell you, my High-School never went over events that current(we had science books that still said pluto was a planet, cheapskates)

My stepdad, he'll only bring his phone if he's going somewhere by himself, and my Mom actually hands it to him.

I remember 3.5in really well, 5.25 too, but never really used those.

This month actually, I looked up Pizza Hut

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.   :P

If anime counts, I'd have to say Yu-Gi-Oh

Kinda, but in a good way:

• Brohoof 1

This is the thread that all the old people here will read so they can feel superior about their generation.

fyi, I just turned 18.

1) Aye. My grandma still has one that works, and she taught me how to use it when I was around 10, I'd say.

2) I dunno. I think we've had dial-up for as long as I can remember (my dad likes messing with computers).

3) Yes, September 11, although I barely remember that. I never really paid much attention to the news...

4) In my parent's bedroom, yes. It's long gone now though.

5) We don't really go over things that recent in class (I've taken government related classes for the past few years, anyway). As for Hurricane Katrina, I experienced that firsthand living in New Orleans and all.

6) My dad did for the longest time, but he has his own now (one of my old ones, a pay as you go flip phone).

7) My dad's always liked old computers, so yes I remember them fondly. There's a box full of them in the other room, along with 5 or so Commodore 64's, a box that runs Windows 3.1, and a PET somewhere in there.

8) A few years ago, I guess. We were probably looking for a local restaurant's number.

9) Either Rocko's Modern Life or Wallace and Gromit.

10) I guess. I never was that big on TV shows, but I would say they look dated in comparison to cartoons of today in terms of animation.

• Brohoof 1

>17

1. Yes, about 5 years ago.

2. Yes, I didn't start using the internet untill 2008

3. Actually, I don't remember any national crisis. But that is just me, I never hear the news.

4. We still do! Lol!

5. My school doesn't have that in text books, but I guess if it did I would feel old ;_;

6. Nope, I believe my parents and even grandparents have cell phones.

7. Haha I remember floppy disks, I still have a few actually.

8. Last week to call IMOS.

9. I would go with 60's scooby doo

10.  Hmm, naw. Considering I watch 60's shows ^^^

I'm 16 so yeah

1. Yes my grandparents had one.

2. Yes. Nobody bothered until about 2004.

3.I have a sort of vague deja-vu about something before sept-11 not sure what though.

4. Grandparents did. 

5. I Cant say I ever have. But I know my little brother has.

6 No. Everyone it my haose has a smartphone so yea :/

7. Yes I do, I still have a few with photos on them hanging around. 

8. The other day. To order a pizza.

9.Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. And I still fucking love it.

10. No, I was raised on 60's spiderman and Captain America.

Wup, I'm 16

1. Yup, had one lying around the house. It was fun to play with

2. Yea, just played on a games console when the internet was gone

3. 9/11

4. Nope

5. Never read them in textbooks.

6. Nah, my family loves cellphones.

7. Hells yea, always had different floppy disks flopping around the house.

8. To find work experience, I looked for my opticians. That was last year.

9. Spongebob Squarepants :D and I still love the new episodes. Don't understand why new cartoons get so much hate. The new Cartoon Network can be funny to watch with my wee bro P:

10. Nope.

Since you invited everyone to participate, I figured I would. I'm 24.

1. I have, and it's been over a decade since. My grandparents' old wall rotary is now hanging on the end of one of my bookshelves:

post-6104-0-28969600-1358788400_thumb.jpg

2. It wasn't until 2004 that I had internet access at home, and it was still dial-up once I got it. But that's just because of where I lived.

3. I remember the beginning of the Gulf War. My first memories are from before I was even 2 years-old, so I do remember a very little bit about the Berlin Wall's destruction. It's extremely fragmented. When I first saw some footage and pictures of people chipping away at it on TV, all I remember thinking is how colorful the wall was (from graffiti). Princess Diana also comes to mind.

4. We did. As did my grandparents and almost everyone in my family. The VHF knob was missing on my grandfather's set so he clamped a pair of vice-grip pliers in its place.

5. Some things would be a little surreal to read about in history books if I grew up when they happened. I imagine that feeling is only going to grow. I'd like to see a modern school history book now just to see what they're including.

6. Cell phones? They were a fad according to everybody I knew until sometime around 1998. By 2001 they all had a cell phone.

7. Yes. They were all we had. I also remember extremely loud dot matrix printers (I love those things). To the best of my recollection I've only encountered one daisy wheel printer in my life.

8. Last year.

9. Thundercats. The original Thundercats, that is.

10. Very much so, despite their style being the norm for when I was a kid. Hard to believe that my perception of them would have changed so much. That's not to say that I like them any less now than I did back then, it just seems a little weird.

4. Dials?

TVs used to have dials for selecting channels on the VHF band and UHF band. There was also a volume knob that usually served as the power switch. On some TVs the volume knob turned the TV off when turned all the way to the left and one click to the right turned it on. On others you had to pull the volume knob out to turn it on and push it in to turn it off. There were also dials for vertical hold and horizontal hold, but some people just resorted to hitting the TV instead of messing with those.

• Brohoof 5