Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

10 Questions for Members who are 20 and under(or older)

Wingnut

I'm 14.

1. My grandparents still have a rotary phone, and it still works. I've dialed it before, and I know how to.

2. My house has had Internet for as long as I can remember, although the first time I ever remember browsing the Internet by myself was when I was 9 and in 3rd Grade.

3. I was 3 when 9/11 happened, I really can't remember it at all. So I'd say Hurricane Katrina.

4. I don't think We've ever had a TV with dials while I've been alive.

5. I haven't read about these things in textbooks, although I know who/what they all are. Either we don't have recent enough textbooks or we just haven't learned about them yet.

6. Nope. Nearly everyone in my family I can think of has a cellphone of some kind. Even my 80-year old grandparents, although they have a flip phone, and they hardly ever use it. I got my first phone 2 years ago.

7. I only semi-recently learned that floppy disks used to actually be floppy. I vaguely remember in 4th Grade, my teacher putting a 3 1/2 inch floppy disk into her computer which had a floppy disk drive. I've never seen a 5 inch floppy disk in person.

8. I'd say <= 4 years ago. Yeah, I know.

9. The first cartoon that I fell in love with was Spongebob Squarepants. That's still probably in my top 10 favorite cartoons.

10. Yes, for the most part.

• Brohoof 2

Hurray, I finally started a successful topic!  :D

This is the thread that all the old people here will read so they can feel superior about their generation.

Oh crap, you figured it out. <_<

Can you promise me one thing? When you visit me in the nursing home in the future, please don't humor me about how good I look or how sharp my mind is if I don't even know what day of the week it is.

Anyway, one thing I won't do in this forum is ask anybody questions I wouldn't be willing to answer myself...here goes!

1. Do you know how to use a rotary phone and have you ever dialed one? If so, how long ago? Until 1989 or so, that was all my family had. My first cordless phone wasn't until the 1990s.

2. Did you have an early part in your life without Internet access? Parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count. Sigh. I really wish we had the Internet back in the '80s. I had nobody to share my love of Transformers, Chipmunks, and He-Man with.

3. What is the earliest national or world crisis you have a first hand memory of? Most of you will probably say September 11. The Iran hostage crisis of 1979.

4. Can you recall if your family had an old-fashioned TV with dials on it? Well, DUH! But a friend of mine had a TV that was button operated only and that alone made it appear ultra-modern.

5. Can you tell me what it's like to read about Saddam Hussein, Bill Clinton, the reunification of Germany, 9/11, and Hurricane Katrina in history textbooks? I think by the time I graduated high school, textbooks were only up to early '80s events like Reagan getting shot, the battle of the Falkland Islands, and Sally Ride.

ALSO: My apologies if question 5 was too USA centric. Any recent history that just made it into classroom textbooks is relevant.

6. Do you or does anybody in your family refuse to carry a cell phone? Again, parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count. There was a time I didn't think I'd ever want a cell phone. They were the size of a brick, weighed almost as much, cost a fortune, and suffered from static.

7. Do you remember old school 5 1/4 inch floppy disks for computers? Maybe you're so young you don't even remember the 3.5 inch disks that were discontinued just a few years ago? My first computer, a Commodore 64, used those big disks.

8. When was the last time you used the Yellow Pages to look up a phone number? I think I last referred to it just before I moved in 2010.

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before. As I mentioned in my “About Me” page, I liked Bugs Bunny and Road Runner. But the first cartoon to genuinely  spark my imagination was one of the first anime dubs from about 1979: Star Blazers.

10. Do cartoons from the 1980s look and sound as dated to you as cartoons from the '60s appear to me? They do look a bit old to me now, but still not as old as stuff from the '60s and earlier.

• Brohoof 1

Well, first off, I'm 18 (and 8 months, but who counts those anyway?) Now up to those questions.

1. Do you know how to use a rotary phone and have you ever dialed one? If so, how long ago?
Yes... yes I do and have... not sure how long ago though, my memory of exact years isn't the best.

2. Did you have an early part in your life without Internet access? Parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count.
Well yeah, back in my day we didn't have all those shmancy things like public internet, and IPhones, and good (voice) acting, and...

3. What is the earliest national or world crisis you have a first hand memory of? Most of you will probably say September 11.

Nothing immediately comes to mind, mainly because I purposefully avoid/ignore/forget news like that. It's depressing and there really is no benefit in me keeping track of that stuff other than being able to talk about it. (Which I also don't care for.)

On a side note, I'd like to say that it's getting really annoying when people refer to 9/11 like it's the worst/only disaster ever while most of them have no connection to the event other than being American. There are, and have been, plenty of other disasters going on around the world, and it's kind of demeaning when all of those are overshadowed by this one single event...

-Rant over-

4. Can you recall if your family had an old-fashioned TV with dials on it?

Do I recall? How could I forget!? We had a remote control back then... I was the remote...  <_<

5. Can you tell me what it's like to read about Saddam Hussein, Bill Clinton, the reunification of Germany, 9/11, and Hurricane Katrina in history textbooks?

Hussein and Katrina are already in history books? Wow... just... wow...

6. Do you or does anybody in your family refuse to carry a cell phone? Again, parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count.

Yours truly might not refuse to carry one, but I really don't care for charging it, for every hour it's on, it's off for a full two weeks. Face-to-face talking is much preferred for me, I like to see my conversation partner.

7. Do you remember old school 5 1/4 inch floppy disks for computers? Maybe you're so young you don't even remember the 3.5 inch disks that were discontinued just a few years ago?

I came in too late for the large floppy disks, I've held some, but that might've just been because my uncle is a big computer geek, especially so back in the day.

I still hold on to a few precious (small) floppies with my favorite old games, though I can't play them anymore...  :(

8. When was the last time you used the Yellow Pages to look up a phone number?
When was the last time I felt the need to call someone other than foreign family...? Again, I prefer face-to-face talking.

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.

Favorite? You're asking for a lot there buddy...
- Digimon adventures
- Pokemon

- Tom and Jerry

- Loony Toons

- Any given old Disney show/film

Pick any of the above, but I can't really pick a favorite.

10. Do cartoons from the 1980s look and sound as dated to you as cartoons from the '60s appear to me?

Well, completely skipping past the part that I'd have to be able to view your mind for this... (seriously, what a weird question this is.) I'll go ahead and guess that for the late 80's it depends on the cartoon, but for the early 80's I'd say... yes... maybe...? I'm having a little trouble with this question...

• Brohoof 1

As an older member in the forum I put together a questionnaire that will help compare and contrast the worldview people in different age groups have. Everybody is welcome to participate but, as you will see, answers will differ greatly from those well over 20.

1. Do you know how to use a rotary phone and have you ever dialed one? If so, how long ago?

2. Did you have an early part in your life without Internet access? Parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count.

3. What is the earliest national or world crisis you have a first hand memory of? Most of you will probably say September 11.

5. Can you tell me what it's like to read about Saddam Hussein, Bill Clinton, the reunification of Germany, 9/11, and Hurricane Katrina in history textbooks?

EDIT:  I realize we have members all over the world.  Feel free to cite whatever the latest history you saw in your school books was. 

6. Do you or does anybody in your family refuse to carry a cell phone? Again, parents disallowing it because you were too young doesn't count.

7. Do you remember old school 5 1/4 inch floppy disks for computers? Maybe you're so young you don't even remember the 3.5 inch disks that were discontinued just a few years ago?

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.  :P

10. Do cartoons from the 1980s look and sound as dated to you as cartoons from the '60s appear to me?

1.) I know how to use one but I've never had the opportunity

2.) Back when I was young there was internet but it was extremely new so I didn't have it.

3.) September 11th is the first that really caught my attention

4.) My family never had a TV in that style

5.) I love learning so it's fascinating, but I was around for Bill Clinton, young, but around.

6.) No.

7.) I was around for them but I didn't have a computer while they were still being used.

8.) Seven years ago.

9.) Dexter's Lab

10.) No, I love eighties cartoons and movies, they don't sound or look that old. in fact I prefer them to new ones.

3. What is the earliest national or world crisis you have a first hand memory of? Most of you will probably say September 11. The Iran hostage crisis of 1979.

Have you seen Argo? That's at the top of my list of things I need to hurry up and see before it leaves theaters.

4. Can you recall if your family had an old-fashioned TV with dials on it? Well, DUH! But a friend of mine had a TV that was button operated only and that alone made it appear ultra-modern.

Wow! Did it have a remote control?!

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before. As I mentioned in my “About Me” page, I liked Bugs Bunny and Road Runner. But the first cartoon to genuinely spark my imagination was one of the first anime dubs from about 1979: Star Blazers.

A coworker and I at my last job sometimes joked about all the bandwidth being transferred to the Wave Motion Gun when the network slowed down to the point of being unusable.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

I'm 18 so most of these were around when I was a kid.

1. Yes, I know how to use a rotary phone and I have dialed one numerous times in the past. We used to have one when I was younger. Maybe like 13-14 years ago :D (Gosh it's been long...)

2. Yeah. Although I didn't really use internet a lot even when we first got access. Only after it became "free" (not paid by the minute) did I start using internet because then it didn't matter how long I spent there as it would always cost the same amount every month. I remember that dial-up sound and I still hate it this day :D (That's if I happen to hear it at some random place, because nobody really has dial-ups anymore, right? Right??)

3. Ugh... I blame my lack of following the news, but the first one I can remember is 9/11. I can't remember where I was when I heard about it though. I just remember later talking about it at school or my parents talking about it at home.

4. Dials? *Googles* Oh right! Those :D I can vaguely remember my grandmother, who was living in the same house with us, having one, but I can't remember my parents ever having one like that. I have seen many of those later on, though.

5. Ahem... Well... No, I can't, because I practically never read history books :D I didn't even know some of those things were in the history books already  :blink: I know Bill Clinton and reunification of Germany are in there, and about those, I have no opinion.. They seem like any other part of history to me. 

6. Nope. Everyone in my family has a cellphone. My mom sucks with her iPhone, but she's a klutz with technology anyway  :lol:

7. Oh I sure do remember those. We've just never had a computer that reads those. I'm more familiar with the 3.5 inch disks. Most of the games I had on the computer when I was a kid were installed from those. I remember the biggest games taking like dozens of disks  :P

8. Uhh... The yellow pages eh.. Can't remember for certain, but it's got to be no more than a few years back... Nowadays, not ever, but a few years back, several times a week.

9. Hmh... This is a hard one... I remember really liking this one called "Sport Billy" but I don't think I ever really "fell in love" with it. I'd have to say the first one I actually fell in love with was "Pokemon" I still love it to this day  :wub:

10.Umm... Not really. I used to watch a lot of kids' shows from the 80s with my siblings when I was a kid, so I learned to like them just as much as the ones in the 90s. Sometimes the 80s shows were even much better in my opinion :D

I'm 15, so I might not know some of these things.

1. I think I've seen my grandma dial a rotary phone before.

2. There was a blackout a few years ago, and I had no internet access.

3. 9/11, it really did impact Amareica.

4. Not entirely.

5. I learned it in Global History, and I really did remember it from textbooks.

6. No not at all.

7. I probably do remember it on my old computer.

8. It was back in the 90s.

9. Pokemon, from the show to the games. ( Ruby , Sapphire , Emerald, etc.)

10. I love 80s movies, at least they are more action-packed then most movies today.

I'm 12, so I'll less likely have the same answers relevant to older things.

1. Nope. Never
  2. Sort of. I didn't know how to use the internet when I was below eight
  3. Yeah, 9/11. I was something short of a year old and the news came on.
  4. No
  5. It's just like other history lessons
  6. Nope
  7. Sort of. I found one for my family's old computer
  8. Never
  9. Absolutely loved Foster's home for imaginary friends
  10. No. In fact, 60s cartoons look and sound less dated to me.
Edited by Azurepony4269

I'm JUST on the cuff of not being able to answer this. I will be 21 in 2 months, so I better start now. The clock. is. TICKING!...

My grandfather actually has one of those. I used it a few times and I know how they operate, but it's been ages since I've had to use it.

My family had its first computer when I was really young. I had no knowledge of the internet back then and I mainly played fischer price games and the like. I clearly remember the tonka series, they were a lot of fun and really well designed in retrospect.

I learned about the internet when I was 6, but back then I had no knowledge of search engines and I only visited the PBS website. The internet was never really restricted to me and I used it mostly for learning and shockwave games.

The Y2K bug. I was too young to understand why, but I did know that it was something bad.

My grandma still does! We also still use a 1994 sony trinitron.

In Canada, we really don't cover those events in our history lessons. Most of our stuff covers a bit earlier history, ancient civilizations, certain wars, etc. Those things were covered in World Affairs though and were actually quite interesting. I really don't know how to answer this.

No, but nobody in my immediate family had a smart phone until a year ago if that counts for anything.

Of course I remember them! Do you remember the 8-inch floppy? Now those things were monstrous! I actually kind of miss the floppy disk as a whole. There really wasn't any way to scratch them (unlike CD's)

.............. Next question!

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.  :P

THEN IT IS AGREED. I OFFICIALLY DECLARE THIS MATCH A SUBMISSION ROBATTLE! As such, I, Mr. Referee, shall act as referee so that no one gets hurt! MEDAFIGHTERS READY? METABOTS... ROOOOBATTLE!!!!

My first and favourite anime. It has a close place in my heart despite it's corny writing. Also, Mr. Referee is still freaking awesome! It's as if he has the power to be literally everywhere at the same time (and quite frankly, that wouldn't surprise me.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpx07OprHkA

He also has an orbital defense cannon at his control that can knock assailants unconcious.

I actually kind of like the animation style of the 60's... And for the most part, they look quite different. Neither of them seem dated to me as I like the animation style for different reasons. Comparing Scooby Doo and Inspector Gadget really doesn't get me anywhere. I really like both styles.

The one thing I hate is bad CGI. I used to watch the Bananas in Pyjamas when I was young. Why did they decide to make B1 and B2 into a crappy CGI effect!? It was so much better back then! Childhood is ruined!

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I do know how to use a rotary phone, though I have never dialed one.

Not that I recall, no

The July attacks in London

Nope

We don't study them because we study UK history, but the thing we are currently studying in History is World War l and the Alliance system.

No, Every member in my family has a phone, the majority have either Nokias or iPhones.

I remember them briefly, in primary school we used to use them

Never...

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.   :P

Pokemon.

I have never really watched cartoons from that far back, although recently ITV have been doing this special where they have been showing stuff from the past 30 years or so, and the stuff from 15 years plus seemed quite dated to me.

I'm 20, so yeah.

1. Nope.

2. I've been using the internet since I was 8.

3. Probably September 11.

4. I don't think so.

5. I never read about events that current in textbooks.

6. Nope.

7. I remember floppy disks, but I don't remember what size they were.

8. Not too long ago.

9. Digimon/Pokemon

10. Probably

Edited by Champion RD92

OP

Oh, before I start, I suppose I should mention that I'm 21.

1. I am quite familiar with rotary phones, mostly from various media from the 90s that they still appeared in.  That said, my family never had one, and I do not know how to use one.

2. Yes, I wasn't aware of what a computer was until I was about 5 or 6, and even then I do not remember even knowing about the Internet then.  I think it wasn't really until 4th or 5th grade, when I would've begun having some rudimentary computer skill courses, that I would've first used the Internet.

3. The first one I can recall, in only really general terms, would probably actually be the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  I don't remember many specifics from the 90s, and 9/11 most certainly affected me a lot more, but I definitely was aware of that conflict to some extent going on by the time 9/11 happened.

4. Um, I think one of our hand-me-down TVs that we really only kept in the basement might've been an old-fashioned TV, to an extent, with dials on it.  That said, no such TV was ever our main TV.

5. Except for the reunification of Germany, and even that, to an extent, feels like something that happened in my lifetime (born in 1991 after all), it is a little odd reading about all of those subjects in history textbooks (not that I really read textbooks these days, college and all, ya know?), because they were all pretty familiar to me growing up, yet at the same time, I can still remember when some of those names, like Katrina, Saddam Hussein, 9/11, were not the topic of everyday discussion.

6. No, nobody in my family refuses to carry a cell phone, although my grandpa doesn't really text, and I think my grandma just started doing so, and both of them don't really see the point in getting smartphones.

7. Hard to say.  I definitely remember floppy disks, and even using some for both documents and computer games, but I might only be familiar with the 3.5 inch disks, not the 5 1/4 inch disks.  But yeah, definitely used floppy disks when I was younger, although CDs were becoming vogue as well just as I started to learn how to use floppy disks, so I basically learned how to use both simultaneously.

8. Oh, I've still had to use those every once in awhile, mostly for my summer job at Silver Beach if the Internet there is crapping up and I need to look up a phone number for business purposes.  But yeah, aside from that, not too much of a need to use the Yellow Pages these days.

9. Batman: The Animated Series for sure!!!  I probably watched Looney Tunes longer, but I think B: TAS was the first animated series I ever fell in love with and watched consistently.

10. Some of them do, even some of the best like Transformers.  However, I can still see and anticipate, when I see 80s cartoons, the 90s animation that would follow it right around the corner, and it definitely has nostalgic value for me, to an extent.  Didn't watch Transformers, because it wasn't really on when I was younger, but I did watch Thundercats, and even some of the early 90s animated shows, like Spiderman or X-Men, had kind of an 80s look to them, just a little more polished.  I did, ironically enough, mostly because I watched A LOT of Cartoon Network when I was younger (which, like the Hub today, was just starting up, and so got a hold of as many properties, new and old, as it could) watch my fair share of 60s cartoons, like Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear (pretty much any significant Hanna-Barbera title), and even plenty of 50s and 40s cartoons, like, as I mentioned earlier, Looney Tunes (buck I love Looney Tunes!!!  :wub:) and Tom and Jerry!!!!!! :D  Heck, I even watched the bloody Smurfs for awhile; didn't really like them that much, but I definitely watched them for awhile.  :lol:   Now one thing I was not exposed to, except for a couple of VHS tapes, that my parents would've been more familiar with would've been some of the vintage Mickey Mouse Disney shorts from the 30s and 40s, and as a result, Mickey has never been a very important character to me.  Don't get me wrong, I love Disney, and I understand the important place in animation history that Mickey has, but I just haven't seen too many original Mickey cartoons, save for a couple of Christmas shorts, so the Looney Tunes cast were always my favorite of those two ensembles of cartoon characters

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

1)Yes. My Grandmother had one in her kitchen. Yes I used it,and it had to have been more than twn years ago.

2)Yes. We never even got a computer in our house until the early 90's

3)The Oaklahoma City Bombing

4)Only when I was very young.

5)Nope.

6)Nope

7)Yes. I remember playing Oregon trail on those

8)Not that long ago actually

9)The ones I enjoyed were Dexters Laboritory, (yes I know it isn't spelled correctly that's how he said it) Jonny Bravo, and Ed,Edd, and Eddy

10)Not really

I'm oonly a few months over 20, so what the heck:

No.

Yes.

Yeah, I'd say 9/11.

No.

I dunno, cool I guess.

No.

Yes.

I dunno, months ago.

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that. :P

Pretty much whatever Nick played.

Yes.

1. Nope

2. Yes, my older bro wouldn't let me use the computer.

3. Hurricane Katrina, I was barley 3 when 9/11 happened. I can't remember.

4. Yes, but it just sat there. We never used. It was also black and white.  :blink:

5. No. I've had dictionaries that still have the USSR, East Germany and West Germany still in the map. My history textbook doesn't go that far. The farthest it goes is listing Al Qaeda.

6. Nope.

7. Nope but, VHS is still used a lot. Even Today.  :blink:

8. Once when I was eight I looked myself up. Found my dad lol.

9. Dexter's Laboratory or anything on Cartoon Network. Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd & Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I also used to watch the Powerpuff Girls but my mom made me stop watching it. Well I had no idea it was for girls, it just caught my eye.

10. Meh.

I'm 14. Turning 15 late March. 

I'm 21, born in 1991.

1. Yes. Not sure how long ago it was, but it was a long time ago.

2. Yes, got our first internet access when I was pretty young, like <=5.

3. Oklahoma City Bombing

4. Yeah, my dad has a TV he bought in college that he finally decided to replace a few years ago.

5. It's weird to read about stuff I lived through in a history book. Sadam, Clinton, 9/11, Katrina, I remember all of it quite well.

6. My dad only uses one because he needs it for work.

7. Ahahahahaha, I used to have so many of those. Up until about 6th or 7th grade, that's all we had. USB drives weren't widespread and fairly expensive, CDRWs were totally impractical for frequent rewritting.

Also:

9881-1274733116.jpg

8. A few years ago, I think.

9. Magic School Bus was/is the shit.

10. Kinda, probably. How dated do they look to you?

• Brohoof 2

26/m

1) yes, just a week ago

2) from 1986-1993

3) let me think on that 86 was the power plant disaster  I believe.

4)yes I still have one

5) no. i don't read

6) I refuse to own a cell phone

7) yes I still have a few of the floppy you speak of

8) I don't read, instead I get some one else to look it up for me.lol

9)Tails spin, Chip and Dale, & super mario  super show.

10) no, you want to see what cartoons look like in the 60's Google kimba the white lion, The very first ever cartoon to air in color, as well as the reason why lionking is around. Disney rip of kimba the white lion and made lionking.

ps. I absolutely hate cellphones, ever time I see some one with one, exespeally some one that uses it just for txt msg I want to punch them out , NO one under the age of 16 should have one. Cell phones should have stayed with NO Screen an only meant for calls.

Edited by MadDoggyca

Thread says older now, so I'll jump in.  26 here.

My grandmother had a rotary phone.  Yes, I know how/have used it, but I haven't used one since her passing.

Living with less than stellar income, my family didn't get internet until I was a senior in high school.

I very, very vaguely recall stories about the Gulf War and Desert Storm.  I was three or four when that was going on.  Obviously, I wasn't paying attention to the news or anything, but my parents talked about it often.

Definitely.  I used to play my first Nintendo on a old black and white TV.  A 16 inch Magnavox, if I recall correctly.

Katrina is kinda surreal to see, but the rest is expected. 

Nope.  Adapt or die and all that.

Used to play Oregon Trail on the old Mac's in elementary school.

Not for a while.  Internet.

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that.   :P

Heathcliff!  I used to watch it every day before my dad came home from work.

Yes.  The original GI Joe is not nearly as good as I remember.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, my grandma used to have one. She got rid of it 6 years ago or something.

Nope. Always have had internet.

uh idk. I don't pay attention.

I don't think so.

EDIT:  I realize we have members all over the world.  Feel free to cite whatever the latest history you saw in your school books was. 

No cause Im too lazy.

No, everyone has one.

No I don't remember those. Though I remember the 3.5 ones, we still have a bunch of them downstairs.

Never done.

9. What was the first cartoon you fell in love with? Don't say MLP:FiM. You're all supposed to be at least 13 so I know you have a well-liked cartoon from before that. 

The first? Bullshit I can't just pick one :(

But I loved Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry. (+ 100000 others)

..What? OP used confusion. It was super effective!

Eh I don't know about the question but I prefer old cartoons. I mean Tom and Jerry is from 1940 so... :P

Edited by Jokuc

Alright, I'm an 18-year old from North Carolina. So I'll give answering this a shot.

I've dialed a rotary phone, although I don't actually know how to use one. Does dialing one as a prop in a musical count?

Probably not.

Nah, I've always had Internet. I think. Huh. I don't know actually. I don't remember ever really using it until I was like in middle school.

I remember the Columbine Massacre in 1999. I remember coming home from pre-school to see mom crying in front of the TV, and not really knowing why. I was four.

I know my grandmother kept one until I was like ten.

Saddam Hussein? Well, most of our histories don't cover such recent events yet. They generally don't cover anything withing thirty years of present day.End of the cold war was as recent as my AP Euro course covered, so nothing about Katrina or 9/11 was mentioned. Clinton? He got an honourable mention, as did Hussein. Germany was covered in some detail, but we spent more time on the Velvet Divorce.

My grandparents on my dad's side refuse to use cell phones. Grandma thinks Grandpa's crazy for even playing solitaire and using facebook on his computer.

I remember 3 1/2 inch floppies. Never knew 5 1/4. My parents worked with computers when I was younger, and always had the best stuff for the time.

Personally, I never used the Yellow Pages. 

The first show I fell in love with was Star Trek, and Looney Toons, both of which I would watch with my dad. I also remember really liking the Yugioh, Pokemon, and Beyblade animes when I was younger. Of course, these mean nothing to me anymore. In fact, I'm not sure Yugioh and Beyblade even still exist.

Heck naw. In fact, usually I prefer the older cartoons. I love Looney Toons. Bugs Bunny's a classic.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 1

I'm 20, so I still count.  :P

1. Yes, But I've never used one to actually call someone.

2. Yes. I started using the Internet when i was about 13/14. No particular reason, though. We just didn't have it in the house for a long time.

3. A bombing of an Israeli town. 

4. Nope.

5. This is kind of hard for me to answer, I haven't read a History text book in about 7 years, and i think it was about the Great War. It's really hard for me to remember how I felt. Of course, I've read lots of stuff since, just not in text books. I guess I feel differently depending on what the situation is. Sometimes it's sadness, sometimes anger, other times however, I don't really feel anything. 

6. No.

7. Yeah, I never really used them myself, but I remember seeing them around a lot.

8. I'm not sure if I ever have, to be honest.

9. The Moomins, I think.

10. I hardly ever watched 80's cartoons, to be honest. I grew up with the 90's cartoons, but I did watch a lot of old Loonytoons, Tom & Jerry and stuff from before the 80's.

Edited by Hansel

Okay I'll answer these. I'm 16 by the way.

1. I have in fact seen and used a rotary phone. It was a while back, like 7 years or so but I remember my Dad explaining to me how to use them. I don't remember how to anymore. I'd have to search it up.

2. No, I don't think so. I have vague memories of not having a computer. But that may just be because I never used it at that time and so I don't remember it.

3. I have vague memories of 9/11. But it didn't have a major impact on my life and I was also really young so I don't know if I'd call that First hand.

4. Not that I know of. We may have before we moved to Canada but I don't remember.

5. I'm not really sure what to say for this one. I at my school none of those events or people are really focused on. Only mentioned.

6. No. At least not in my immediate family. I don't know about my uncles and aunts.

7. I remember floppy disks, I'm not sure which kind. My Dad still has a couple lying around.

8. This month, last week to be exact. I needed to find my friend's home phone number.

9. I have lots, but I'll just say Dragon Ball Z instead of making a list.

10. Yeah kinda. They look kinda faded and the dialogue is kinda cheesy in some of them, but I'd still consider watching some. I like Tom & Jerry and the Looney Toons though.

Edited by Jalaton

Well, no, but I could probably figure out how to use it, and I've touched one before, but it wasn't connected to the phone line.

Yup, mum was moving around so much when I was young, there was no time for internet.

Well, uh, I don't even remember 9/11. When that happened, my brother was actually born. Many an lulz was had that day (Not really.)

Yes, we have actually! The dials eventually fell off though, so we went through a lot of TVs to find a good one.

All of those I've heard of, but we haven't read up about them yet in School, so, well, nope.

Yes. I do, my parents don't, but I do. Why? I think mobile phones are a waste of time, energy and space. Too many times have I seen someone playing games on their phone (Whilst driving) or some crap like that. I truly despise those things.

Funnily enough, yes I do, I've handled them before but I never got to use them, because my Uncle said I was too young and might break stuff, but I figured out how to use the internet and found out the easter bunny, and all other things, aren't real.

I rarely use the thing, but several months ago, and that's because I was looking up the number of a paintball club.

I'd have to say Ed, Edd "n" Eddy. I found it hilarious and the animation was awesome. Basically the same reason I fell in sweet love with MLP Fim.

They're all dated to me, and I can tell the difference between ones which are dated, ones which are more dated than the other, and ones that aren't.

Im 16 and heres what i got to say.

1. yes my grandfather had it in his house and i would occasionly use it.I think like this summer was the last time i used it.

2.Yes, my parents could not afford it til I was 6 or 7.

3. Mine was 9/11.

4.Nope i do not.

5.It all sounded weird at first until I actually to my time to read more about them.

6. My parents always carry one incase of personal emergencys.

7. Hell yeah my mom had a $h!t load of those!

8.Like a week ago to find the local Locksmith.

9.Ren and Stimpy!

10. THey sound the same. I love all older cartoons!

I'm 16

1. I know how to but I never used one.

2. Yes. It is a bit hard to remember when I got internet anyway, It should be somewhere like where I was 6th grade I guess.

3. 1999 Izmit earthquake 

4. No.

5. It is almost impossible to remember but I probably felt sad that such things happened and just because of stupid things many people died. (Earthquake) 

6. No

7. I definitely know and remember 3.5 not the other one though. I might have seen it in somewhere, not sure.

8. Neverrr!!

9. I can't remember but I know that I liked Spongebob a LOT. Probably Spongebob Squarepants. 

10. I have no idea. Question was confusing for me. I'm not good with them, I guess.