Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Dota2 Vs LoL

That Guy

35 users have voted

1. 1. witch one do you prefer?

• Dota 2
    • League of Legends

I don't really have the biggest opinion to offer but I prefer Legaue of Legends I haven't had much time to play Dota 2 since it was only recently released on my Mac, and of course my dad hates pc's. I spent about 10 hours or so playing dota 2 and I didn't really enjoy it, the mechanics seemed odd due to the ridiculous cc's in the game compared to LoL. I had a really hard time last hitting because auto attacks seemed so weak early game, and every hero I faced had all the range in the world. I didn't like the skill aspect of it as much either, so many characters had passives for abilities I felt like I had to rely more on gold and items more then abilities. In LoL I really adore the gameplay. Despite that some champions are just immensely powerful in a competitive level, combined with the really toxic players and fan base. There's honestly only a few token nice people I've met in LoL.

I prefer League of Legends for the most part, it's a lot more fun for me, and I also love the characters too.

Dota2 on the other hand is tied to the bloatware that is known as Steam. I really don't like how people kiss up to Valve, and proclaim that Steam is amazing, get real it is bloody DRM, and it's meant to treat the customer like a criminal, because a few people don't want to pay for their games.

Well, I haven't played much of either game, but so far I like Dota 2 better

A lot of my friends spend way too much time on LoL, and I personally don't like it that much (I'm not even kidding, when I'm at my friends house he ignores me and plays LoL the whole time)

"A lot of my friends spend way too much time on LoL, and I personally don't like it that much (I'm not even kidding, when I'm at my friends house he ignores me and plays LoL the whole time)"

Honestly, that is kind of a jerk move by your friends. Who ignores their guests like that?

"A lot of my friends spend way too much time on LoL, and I personally don't like it that much (I'm not even kidding, when I'm at my friends house he ignores me and plays LoL the whole time)"

Honestly, that is kind of a jerk move by your friends. Who ignores their guests like that?

I know right?! And to make it worse I asked him to stop so he said anything I do is too boring... I question why I still hang out with him...

I'm going to be incredibly subjective here and say LoL, as I really just do prefer it over DoTA 2.

HOWEVER DoTA 2 is, in fact, a great game, and its client is (in my opinion) FAR better than LoL's.

Still, I prefer playing LoL.

• Brohoof 1

DotA was a great game, and LoL took it and streamlined it. DotA 2 is needlessly complicated. Creep denial doesn't make the game better, it just makes laning more tedious. DotA 2 has a stat called turn rate. It is the speed at which your hero can turn around, and I can't believe somebody thought it was necessary.

Now, I've only payed it once, so feel free to disregard anything I say :P

Anyway, I greatly prefer LoL.

• Brohoof 1

This is a big question, I'll do my best to explain.

DotA 2 is more complicated and difficult, it focuses a LOT more on individual skill than team-work, and it's just one of those games that you have to know everything and be the best at it if you even THINK about playing. LoL is much simpler, you can get all the basics down in about 5 games, and possibly even find something that fits your play-style by then, it's VERY team-work oriented.

DOTA is far more complicated than LoL, you have that right, but it is far more team based than LoL is, to find that you can play solo on DOTA you mustn't of had many matches, a single player being bad on your team can loose you the game on DOTA, on LoL I've played matches where I was carrying the entire team, getting all the kills, killing all the towers and pushing the nexus at the end, that's impossible on DOTA.

I've played 700ish hours of LoL and around 400 in DOTA and I can say that DOTA is much hard but a much better looking, more fun and more team based game than LoL. My vote goes for DOTA any day.

And btw, you can't call DOTA 2 a rip off of HoN or LoL, DOTA 2 is an improved upon DOTA 1 which was the original MOBA, meaning that technically they all kinda rip off that :P

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Which is the better MOBA and why? I posted this topic, of course, to try to limit most bias a certain direction.

I have always found DotA to be better in the gameplay department, it's announcer sounds epic and plus it was much easier for me to learn.

But, LoL is overally better for one thing: community. It's community is still not great, but DotA's is pretty much idiots who act like they know how to play, but don't and blame it on someone else, using arguments invalid due to childishly offensive and stupid "points." LoL players do make the horribly and laughably wrong association with kills and skill, but DotA players do MUCH more often.

Its all about preference really. LoL is better for new players to the moba genre and because it's noob friendly (for the most part) people will continue to play until they've invested a lot of time into the game. DotA is for people who are experienced in mobas. There has been talk about which is the "better" or "more difficult" game, but it usually comes down to which you've played more and what mechanics you like in a moba. Most people seem to agree that LoL mechanics are much more fun and fast paced, which is why there are entertaining to watch.

The better MOBA is Dawngate.

IMMA BE REAL HERE. DoTA (2) is a lot better than League. It offers much more customization, and all the characters are free. (While some argue that that "doesn't give you anything to work towards", I don't really care, LMAO.) In addition, the currency system is a lot better, because it works in real dollars, so people aren't bombing 3500 RP on a skin, which is pretty much $25. .-. Riot rips you off a lot in that regard, especially since there's no marketplace.

Also, League has taken to copying Dawngate's freeb system. HA.

I do like playing League more, though, because it's way easier and the map is a baby map, so small and easy to navigate. :D

Dota 2 is the better MOBA tbh, despite the difficulty in comparison to LoL I've had much more fun playing it than I have playing league.

League's better if you're just getting in to the MOBA genre, but in my opinion, Dota 2 is simply a much more entertaining game.

I've played over a thousand hours of both LoL and DOTA 2 and i much prefer DOTA, in my opinion it is the superior game, Graphically, Mechanically and with a better community. 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played either in a while but definitely preferred League of Legends.  It looks better, plays a lot better with far more frequent use of special abilities, and has a vastly superior user interface.  For example I found it far too difficult to distinguish between the passable and impassable terrain in DOTA 2 do to the presentation.  I also cannot stand the gimmicky and needless convoluted item purchasing mechanics found within DOTA 2.

Edited by Twilight Dirac

I've been playing both MOBA for quite some time and I think overall, DotA is better. Although LoL has a lot more champions to play, DotA has a more balanced heroes. I always gets one of those champs that I hate a lot in LoL, but in DotA I don't feel it.

Also, the competitive scene is much better in DotA 2. I got bored easily in LoL.

Speaking of which. I should play DotA 2 again. Haven't try Patch 6.82. Gotta feel the changes myself, hopefully it's not that bad,  :okiedokielokie:

I've played over a thousand hours of both LoL and DOTA 2 and i much prefer DOTA, in my opinion it is the superior game, Graphically, Mechanically and with a better community. 

100% agreed.

League is a good starting MOBA in my opinion. It's got a simple, small map and interface and is overall a more casual experience. Whereas Dota's map is much larger and complicated. There are far more utility items and mechanics to learn (pulling, blocking, rune control, denying, etc.) You get all the heroes for free, forever. You can get free drops which you can sell on the steam market for money...the list goes on.

• Brohoof 2

100% agreed.

League is a good starting MOBA in my opinion. It's got a simple, small map and interface and is overall a more casual experience. Whereas Dota's map is much larger and complicated. There are far more utility items and mechanics to learn (pulling, blocking, rune control, denying, etc.) You get all the heroes for free, forever. You can get free drops which you can sell on the steam market for money...the list goes on.

I agree, starting on DOTA is harder than League, but even the transition from League to DOTA can be difficult for some, especially if you dont have anyone to help you ease into it and teach you some of the mechanics. League is definitely the starter MOBA

Dota 2 is the better game in my opinion. I'll admit I initially hated it, but after giving it a chance I ended up sinking about 330 hours into it. Such a great game. The Heroes are all impressive, each one is original and individual. And the whole style and gameplay is awesome.

I tried LoL, just couldn't get into it. I felt it was a lot more simplified, and I didn't like the Heroes, or 'Champions' as much.

• 3 months later...

Honestly I can't stand either because of the top-down POV. It's just a personal preference really, but because it I haven't really gotten into either game. I played Smite for bit, however I realized that I was really bad at it so I lost interest pretty quickly. I'll stick to my RPGs and Puzzle games thank you.

I personally prefer Dota to League, for quite a lot of reasons, actually.

I find the variety of items much more fun, the heroes all feel different, and the game does not have a stale "meta", like LoL has.

You can pretty much win with almost every team composition, unless you pick too many carries, of course.

What i don´t think, though, is that the community is better in either of those games.

Both communities have it´s..umm...black sheeps(quite a few of them, actually^^).

Dota 2 is better in terms of balance and the competitive scene. Also, the business model is a lot better. I also love the addition of custom game modes, and I think that it really puts it head and shoulders above LoL.

That being said, playing single queue is like diving headfirst into a pit of hypodermic needles and salt.

Lots and lots of salt.