Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP FIM Dungeons and Dragons?

twilight_sparkle

Hello brony friends! I was hoping to start a new My Little Pony Dungeons and Dragons game, and I know some rules, but I need some help! First, I need a character sheet and someone tellling me what I need and how to roll for it. Then we need a DM and some players, then we can start! If anyone knows a great way to play this game, please post!

• Brohoof 4

Which edition are we going to run? 3.5? 4.0? Since we want it simple, I think 4.0 would be better.

I can be whatever you need; a player, a DM, a mysterious gray-cloaked stranger who is by no means selling drugs...

• Brohoof 1

Idk, thats why I'm asking for halp! :D Whatever version is the best, so maybe 4.0, and could you post a link to that one, I played on 3.5 and not 4.0 yet.

http://ge.tt/69FYzBG/v/0 Player's Handbook

http://www.4shared.com/file/5nzUyVS1/ Monster Manual

http://www.4shared.com/office/-DPuY49i/DD_-_4e_Dungeon_Masters_Guide.html DM's guide.

Well, I was thinking of a more dumbed down version, so I don't know about that. :\

Anyways, now we need just a DM so we can start. Also if you want more players. :P

Like I say, I can DM or play. Whatever we need.

Alex-Kennedy's version of 3.5 is rather fun as well.

Hey, the more groups the better. Nothing wrong with spreading the PnP love. I may write up some campaigns for future games too.

Okay, so things we need.

DM: Addem Up has volunteered and I assume has experience.

Campaign/Adventure: I guess whoever is DM will be writing this? I would be happy to do so, and just as happy to play someone else's.

World: Are we sticking with Equestria or something else?( I vote Equestria)

Races/Classes: Those from the show or DnD types? Or a mix?

Are we doing it through posts, chat, or *cringe* Skype? (I'm exceptionally shy so Skype might be hard for me at first, but I will do it if that's what everyone wants. I will warm up and be quite talkative once I get used to everyone.) Also I'm staying with my parents at the moment in a tiny trailer and sleeping on the couch, so, um, I don't want to keep them awake. (Wow, that makes me sound pathetic... for the record I'm in the process of moving, lol)

This may actually take some time to do. As Alex-Kennedy's thread proves, (it looks like you did a wonderful job, btw) it takes a lot of work to write up a campaign and ponify character sheets, but in my opinion that's all part of the fun!

Plus it gives more time for people to join.

So, input?

Edited by MoonFeather

(edited)

I'm very new to DnD myself, so don't worry! XD

I do learn fast, so maybe that won't be a problem, by the way, thanks for the player's handbook!

Sure, Addem Up can be the DM if that's ok with everyone else?

EDIT:

Also, I did find this site if we want to use this:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1PPyX9Bie69_NtO4qrLd3Ak3K02wflxIe5Lc9sgJIA64#h.y4nmxc44v8b4

Its just a website with different classes, spells, and is based upon ponies, so I think this might work, what do you think? Oh yeah, and Twilight Sparkle rocks! XD

Edited by twilight_sparkle

Sure, Addem Up can be the DM if that's ok with everyone else?

Oh. Um. Well, to tell the truth, I haven't really DMed before, but it seems pretty straightforwards. I'm a rather creative person, so that helps, I guess. I'd stick to Equestria.

As for the actual gameplay, well, the doc you have looks good. 

Skype might be the best way to do this; that or rpgtonight. It's an online D&D site.

Yeah, we should do either or. That way, we can help each other out creating characters and rolling dice and other stuff. I'm thinking a online chat room, or something like Skype would work, like what Addem said. Btw, if we do skype, I'm a guy and im only 15. (Yeah, I'm 15 and I like D&D, got a problem with that?!?! lol jk!)

Skype might be the best way to do this; that or rpgtonight. It's an online D&D site.

rpgtonight looks like a great option. After some thought I realize I would not be able to do skype until sometime next month when I'm in my own place.

DMing is NOT easy XD

I've done some instances of it as a GM (which is Gamer Moderator/Master).  It's the same thing but it just sounds better for Fallout PnPs.  I can get a basic campaign going and I can DM if there's no one else with any more experience.

I've also got a very nice British accent, so I'm told, which is great for story telling and whatnot.  XD

I do have exams... but I'll have a looksy if you want ;)

Well then, by all means, take the reins.

Frankly, I kinda wanted to play anyways. It's more fun.

As for RPGtonight, you do need to make an account, but it's free.

Riiiight....

The rules here are VERY watered down.  Basically there's hardly any structure to them because they effectively have to be 'made up'.  I'll work on some basics now.

We could always just attempt to ponify 4.0. I suppose it's your choice either way.

As for timezones, it's 4:13 here.

I've found some solidity in the rules... I'll open a trial game soon to test with anyone who wants a part in it.

Mmkay. I'm willing. Looking to be a warrior or a cleric, if that's okay with everypony else. Wouldn't want to mess anypony up.

I've just about made the character sheets.  Rules are VERY simple and refer a lot to DM and party judgement.  I'm making an example character now for you all :)  How nice!

Just make sure you are familiar with rules ;)

All righty! Are you going to make an RPGtonight account for the people who can't use skype?

Also, what is everyone thinking character-wise?

Edit: Never mind, found it.

http://www.rpgtonight.com/freegames/active%20games%20form.php

Edited by Addem Up

(edited)

Got out early, seems like we are agreeing on a few things. If you're talking about what I posted, yeah, it's REALLY watered down! I already tried playing with my friends, and I ended up making up around 80% of the game on the spot... It was hard. So yeah, I'll make an account as soon as i get on another computer (not the gay Chromebook given by the school)

Btw, if you got any friends interested in these kind of things, or if you have friends, lets try to get around 2-3 more ok? the more ponies the better! :D

Right, for time zone it's 5:41 PM here!

Edited by twilight_sparkle