Banner by ~ The Wife of Levi

Hi bronies

Kaidan

Hello, I decided recently to stop lurking on the forums. I discovered MLP back in November and it's brought me a lot of joy since then. I've started writing fan fiction (since it's relatively easy to do.) I'm also learning flash, and at some point will try to figure out how everypony is making the great music remixes.

Maybe later I'll post some of the stuff I make here, for now I'm more interested in meeting new people and trying everything out. Hopefully, I'll be able to become skilled at either fiction, art, flash, or music so I can contribute back some of the joy to the wonderful community :D

Mushiness aside though, having a tedious job and being the only brony for miles in Virginia is much easier with all the awesome stuff everyone posts online, thanks!

Well, what do you know. Looks like we have the same interests. Allow me to introduce myself. *Ahem*

I am the god of all things good, the god of anything and everything enjoyable in life, the god of... Randomness! :wub:

Seriously though, welcome to the forums. If you need someone to proofread your story or need some help with Flash, shoot me a PM. I'll be glad to help. :)

Nice to meet you Kaidan!!!  Sounds like you're doing some exciting things with your fan fiction!  Whatever you end up producing, I hope it turns out as you want it to!!  Trying to write a fan fiction myself, and almost done with the first chapter, so that should be up on the forums soon.  Hope you enjoy your time on the forums, and please, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!  :D

Edited by Batbrony

What part of Virginia are you from? o.o And welcome to the forums! :D

Lorton, near the 1 / 95 interchange

Welcome to the forum.  I sorta want to begin using flash myself, I just never bought it.  (though more of a music person myself).  So, WELCOME!

I've got 18 days left of the trial to figure out if I'm good enough at it to warrant buying it.

Well, what do you know. Looks like we have the same interests. Allow me to introduce myself. *Ahem*

I am the god of all things good, the god of anything and everything enjoyable in life, the god of... Randomness! :wub:

Seriously though, welcome to the forums. If you need someone to proofread your story or need some help with Flash, shoot me a PM. I'll be glad to help. :)

Thanks, I am going to put a link to my fimfiction page in my sig soon so everyone here can visit. The longest story I wrote so far was 14k words while most of my others are 2-3k words. I haven't gotten around to making editor / pre-reader friends yet so I'll definitely keep your offer in mind

As for flash, I'm still mucking through the tutorials that come with it and some stuff on the internet from Flamingo1986. It's not hard so much as completely new software and tons of buttons to learn. The stuff I can do already with Flamingo's puppets makes it look like I actually know what I'm doing.

Lorton, near the 1 / 95 interchange

I've got 18 days left of the trial to figure out if I'm good enough at it to warrant buying it.

Thanks, I am going to put a link to my fimfiction page in my sig soon so everyone here can visit. The longest story I wrote so far was 14k words while most of my others are 2-3k words. I haven't gotten around to making editor / pre-reader friends yet so I'll definitely keep your offer in mind

As for flash, I'm still mucking through the tutorials that come with it and some stuff on the internet from Flamingo1986. It's not hard so much as completely new software and tons of buttons to learn. The stuff I can do already with Flamingo's puppets makes it look like I actually know what I'm doing.

I've never seen his tutorials. Could you send me the link? Pwetty pwease? Also, for future reference: when using Flash, ALWAYS back up your files. I've lost many a project that way, because Flash is evil and sometimes decides to corrupt files when they're getting progress. :(

I've never seen his tutorials. Could you send me the link? Pwetty pwease? Also, for future reference: when using Flash, ALWAYS back up your files. I've lost many a project that way, because Flash is evil and sometimes decides to corrupt files when they're getting progress. :(

http://www.doublerainboom.com/watch.html 

This guy is making the first complete 'fan made' episode of MLP and is giving free access to all the backgrounds and puppets in flash (since he doesn't own it, Hasbro does.) He has some tutorials and a deviant art page, I'm using his resources to jump start my flash career. And I hear you on the backup, good thing I'm only doing tutorials because it's crashed in the middle of them a couple times.