Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How masculine/femenine are you?

Piodx

Three Days Grace? I've lost a bit of faith in them because Adam resigned, but..still good music.

My brother's a fan of Three Days Grace. I never got into their music. I suppose it's pretty good, it just never appealed to me very much. 

Edited by HylianTwilian

I am a woman. I have long brown hair, I wear eyeliner and mascara every day, I use salon shampoo and conditioner, I sing soprano, and I love pink.

But...

I grew up with 5 brothers. Video games are awesome and well-done guy comedy movies are hilarious. I make fart jokes with my fiance. In late middle school and in high school I listened to a lot of alternative rock.

I've never had my nails or my toes done (although that might be nice...). I don't own a ton of shoes (but still more shoes than a guy might own). Most of my clothes are inexpensive. It can take me as little as 20 minutes to get ready in the morning if I have to rush.

Some people are using percentages to explain how masculine and feminine they are. I think that the topic of masculinity and femininity is too complex to be categorizing certain traits as being masculine or feminine. It astounds me that people really believe that these shallow traits are what define masculinity and femininity. As I have said before in a post on another topic, these things represent masculinity and femininity, but they do not DEFINE them, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I'm taking a sociology class about sex and gender, and considering the lists of masculine and feminine traits we discussed, I guess I would probably be fairly even. Granted, I still hold the self-imposed title of Real Man.

I would say I am 50/50. I don't care to be the dominate type and I don't wish to feel superior and pretend that everything around me is a competition. I love stuffed animals and other girly things sometimes, but I am not going to wear makeup and get my nails polished. I embrace many feminine aspects like loving, tolerating, caring, being academic, being emotional, etc. As for my masculine side, I suppose working, acting serious and striving for greatness.

But honestly, screw the labels, I can be whatever the heck I want regardless of what's too much of this and too little of that :)

i and a dude, i go to the gym every day, i love mechanics, i even dirt-bike here and there, i also don't consider myself to be the most sensitive person. i would say that i am sympathetic, even so, i have a soft spot for colorful pony's and fashion, like a closet full of blazers and scarves. but i do think that a certain aspect of being a man is being gentlemanly, whether that be holding doors open or watching what you say at the dinner table, so i honestly think i am 95% manly ( in a gentlemanly sort of way) and thanks to my weird sense of fashion  and being raised around mostly girls i could say that i am only 5% feminine 

Actually, girls tend to point the fact that I have a feminine frame for a guy my age. At times it got really weird, with some expressing a sort of jealousy to some of my features. That was one of those things that really bothered me, damn...

Mentally? It's all cool, I know my place in life.

I'm a dude and I listen to black and death metal a lot. But I also f*cking LOVE CATS. There f*cking cute and fluffy and WAAAAAAAAAAY better than dogs. Too bad I don't have one.  :(  I also hate "macho men" so ehh... I'm about half and half.

Oh boy..ah...I'm a girl, so..let's see.

I'd say 50/50, I think. I love violent video games and rock music (Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Red...Oingo Boingo XD) 

I don't see how liking those bands is masculine. Plenty of girls at my school like those bands. In fact I've seen girls at my school wearing Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies shirts (both are great bands btw). 

Edited by Neighvana666

I look pretty masculine, not in the fashion of being really built and stuff, but I I have a lot of masculine characteristics physically, such as the fact that i grow facial hair like crazy and have to shave my face daily in order to not have any show. Heck, I even did a whole body shave recently because I got sick of it all over my body.

That said, I feel super androgynous and wish I could really reflect that. Unfortunately, I really cant. I would just really like to mesh feminine features and masculine features into something that could work. I even had fairly long hair for a bit, but it didn't work. Required too much work for me.

With my personality, I act 50/50 as well, but I dunno how to explain it well. I'm certainly not going to connect emotions with femininity because no.

I don't see how liking those bands is masculine. Plenty of girls at my school like those bands. In fact I've seen girls at my school wearing Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies shirts (both are great bands btw).

At my school it is. All the girls here listen to One Direction and pop music. Rock is considered a guy thing here, if you listen to anything in the Rock category you're automatically a tomboy.

I'm not sure if I understand this question. Are we talking about contemporary Western arbitrary social norms?  In which case, I have several "feminine" thingymajigs.

I grow and paint my nails, I wear makeup (mostly eye liner/eye shadow, but I'm partial to all sorts), I wear "girls" clothes, I have long hair which I dye, I shave my legs, I dislike most sports, I keep a diary, I like clothes and shopping for clothes, I like cutsie things, and I takes ages to get ready before I go out.

But no, I'm not camp.

tumblr_mdjaulWXzr1rk5e8lo1_400.jpg

Edited by Hansel

I'm male but I'm very feminine.  I'm very sensitive and shy.  A lot of my movements and the way I talk when I'm alone is very feminine.  I like stories that make me feel emotional over action things and am easily disturbed by violence.  Being a total pussy is a better way to describe me than girly actually.  Most girls I know are much more assertive than me.  I do still like video games and the occasional dumb comedy though, and my awesomely terrible sense of humor seems very male.  I think my feminine traits are better than my male traits though so I tend to focus on them.

Idk. It's like my sexual orientation, I have no clue.

In terms of femininity, I have a bit ocd sometimes (not literally), if I see a crooked picture or lamp shade I just have to fix it. Can't stand germs sometimes. I'm very emotional and caring for people. I don't like seeing animals get hurt.

In terms of masculinity, I enjoy violent movies and games. I almost never cry. I enjoy a good perverted joke. I'm fairly immature.

Sooo...50/50. I guess

Well, I like cute stuff, that's a big thing from me, I love cute things, which could be considered feminine, unless it's a baby, but I don't like babies, babies aren't cute, unless it's baby animals, those are cute, but not bugs, baby bugs are gross, bugs in general, not a thumbs-up from me.

I dunno really, I think the only thing manly about me is the fact that I'm straight, and if that's not taken into account I'm only left with my genitals. I like being a guy though, I don't want to be a girl, albeit girls are awesome but still.

I don't feel feminine though, and I don't feel like what I do is feminine. I dunno, I guess I'm an undetermined/undetermined split of masculine/feminine. 

I don´t know, really... what is especially considered masculine/ feminine nowadays? I like this show what would (looking at it) be considered feminine by the generations before, I try to be always friendly, kind and respectful, but everyone (gender-neutral) should be that, and hey, I don´t care much what I am labeled...

If I like something I am open with it, if it´s considered manly or girly...

I'm a girl,yes,but I've always been hanging out with the lads. There are things I like that are considered for girls,and for boys. Another 50/50.

I'm more masculine than girly. Or at least that's what I tell myself. I find that I'm more rough than other girls. My mother would say that I "man handle" everything. I would love to get my nails done and such, but since I'm so rough I can't because they won't last an hour. I freaking hate dresses and skirts with a passion. Nupe nupe nupe. I haven't worn one in years, nor do I plan on wearing one anytime soon. Sit me down with a video game and I'm a button masher. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm not at all that masculine. I mean, I don't have a lot of muscles, I like plenty of things that are stereotyped to be for girls, I like jpop, cartoons, almost any kind of anime and manga, even the ones written for girls. Oh, and I'm really fond of bright colors and cute things.

Then again, I also listen to death metal, like violence and explosions, in love with fighting and war. Ya know, common "guy" things. So in terms of how the society of today would label me it would be something like..

60% feminine and 40% masculine?

Edited by Winterbass

I don't think that I am the most masculine guy out there, but at least I believe I am masculine enough to be called a man. My voice fails me, because it's not deep at all, but is not high-pitched either. The shape of my body, can be masculine in the front (I have a rather thick frame), but rather femenine in the back, I have a very curved back and a big butt, so I can look like I'm doing poses (like sticking the butt out, a thing many girls do) but I'm just standing there straight.

I hate sports, I rather play them. I don't mind getting dirty if I know that I can clean up properly afterwards (but it depends with what thing I am getting dirty with), I love videogames but I don't like FPS or MMORPG, but I like romantic comedies, and definitelly cry easily (not in all cases though). I like cute things to an extend. And I'm kind of vain with the way I look, but not too much, I don't get too long to get ready but I usually take a long time to shower. I like to look good when I go out, if I don't look good I don't go out HAHA...but I have my days when I don't care how do I look and what do I wear. XD

So I would say, I am 60% masculine %40

I do believe I'm more masculine than feminine.

I have mostly boy friends, but that's due to me being awkward around females in general.

Fighting and violence is meh in real life, but makes everything virtual better usually.

I don't think I get too sensitive much. I'm easy to set off, but I don't go into my feel often if at all.

I bucking hate dirt and getting dirty. Period.

There are a few days when it doesnt bother me much though.

Bugs can all go die

Umm, I guess that's it.

Id guess something like 75%/25% male/female split

I'm probably being generous on one of those sides though. :lol:

Even though I'm a guy, I act feminine a lot of the time. I absolutely hate getting dirty. I love doing stereotypical feminine things like shopping for clothes and stuff. I hate sports except when it comes to watching hockey.

I could continue on the list for ages but at the risk of sounding sexist I'll cut it there.

has seen me multiple times and knows how feminine I look. ;)

• Brohoof 1