Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MLP' Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

Captain Marvelous

I have been a fan of this series for about ten years now. It is one of the easiest card games to master and it is still fun to play today! I have a bunch of really old cards worth alot money and still have my old collections. Consider this topic revived.

I have a Gameboy Advanced Yu-Gi-Oh game, Yu-Gi-Oh (Whatever) 2006. It's really good, there's no story or characters, just opponents based on different monster cards. You get points by beating opponents, getting extra by for doing more damage or leaving them with exactly 0 life points or winning through Exodia or something. Use points to buy booster packs.

Whenever I think I might want to buy a new version for the DS, it's always got some BS story with characters I don't care about. Deck building, opponents and maybe a challenge mode, do 10000 points of damage in a duel or something, that's all I want.

As for what I use, Spellcasters, Fiends and dark monsters mainly, but I use some others.

As for real life, I've got some first editions, vampire lady in poor condition, the dark door, ultimate offering, ancient telescope. Apart from that, I haven't really got anything interesting.

Probably my favorite card is Skilled Dark Magician or Chaos Sorcerer. Also level 1 monster + metamorphosis = easy Thousand-Eyes Restrict.

I'm also a fan of LK's abridged series and DarkSideIncorporated's GX abridged has it's moments.

Edited by The Pirate Prince

• 5 months later...
(edited)

Basically what the title states and if you do you also play the online simulators such as DevPro/Dueling network (i do not have YGOpro). If you also do that then Contact me IMMEDIATELY!

And on a side note what deck do you like running the most?

I am currently play testing Battlin' Boxers thinking about getting them in real life.

Edited by Bowser
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I play on Dueling Network, but i have no PC. I use my local library's computers for that. I play Psychics as my main deck and not that Grandsoil BS. I use the OG dudes such as Snail & Axon Kicker. My deck build is also consistent on Synchro summoning. Not like a pure Synchro deck, but i can still get them quite easily. I also run 2 Miracle Synchro Fusions cause i use Ultimate Axon Kicker - 2 in fact.

I also got the fresh Brain Research Lab w/ 2 Spell of Pains and Barrel behind the doors so i can keep those "Burn" decks in place. 

And just incase, i side deck HPB assault mode along with Assault teleport & Assault mode activate obviously.

Edited by Plasmastorm X-15
  • Brohoof 1

I play yugioh, but mostly just on the dueling network and in real life. I play an aggro anti-meta most of the time, but I'm also working on a koaki deck and an exodia deck. My playing style is generally very fast paced. My dueling network name is dudeguy so you can add me.

• Brohoof 1

I play sometimes. I go with some friends to my local card shop every once in a while. It's pretty fun, and a nice way to hang out with friends. I have an Elemental Hero deck and a chaos spellcaster deck.

My hero deck relies on building up power (with searchers and cards such as Cardcar D) as the game continues and using brute force when the time is right (Miracle Fusion, Blade Armor Ninja, etc.) It's a really consistent deck that always packs a punch.

My chaos spellcaster deck is more anti-meta and uses stunning cards to cripple my opponent's strategy (Effect Veiler, Thunder King Rai-Oh, etc.) and taking out my opponent with control. It's a lot of fun playing this deck since there are so many options.

• Brohoof 1

I play yugioh, but mostly just on the dueling network and in real life. I play an aggro anti-meta most of the time, but I'm also working on a koaki deck and an exodia deck. My playing style is generally very fast paced. My dueling network name is dudeguy so you can add me.

Lol Koa'kis. I have a deck like that too lol. It's based around using Tenki and abusing Urnight's effect to bring out the other Koa'kis.

Basically what the title states and if you do you also play the online simulators such as DevPro/Dueling network (i do not have YGOpro). If you also do that then Contact me IMMEDIATELY!

And on a side note what deck do you like running the most?

Your thread, 'Anyone play yu-gi-oh!?' covered the same basis that a past topic of ours had, as a general Yu-Gi-Oh discussion thread :3 I've merged the two. If you're looking for Dueling Network-specific searching, I'd try this topic.

--

Yu-Gi-Oh was one of my biggest obsessions when I was younger. I got into it around twelve after my slightly older cousin showed me some of the cards he had, and I really liked them. First series of Yu-Gi-Oh had only been on TV recently, so it was still fairly new. Over the course of the next few years I got my dad into getting me decks and packs up to my eyeballs. I was a collector, though, not a duelist. I had a good grasp on how to play, but for the most part I simply loved collecting and obtaining the rarities.

I used to have hundreds and hundreds of cards...a whole giant cylinder tin full of them, and then some. But today I've just got one custom deck left. And, it's not even a real deck tongue.png Just a collection of cards that numbers near the amount a deck would include. I call it the OP Deck, for reasons I'm sure you'll quickly realize.

Caution: Long spoiler~

post-4006-0-54565700-1371487939_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-64576600-1371487944_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-41237900-1371487951_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-54359800-1371487955_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-00827900-1371487964_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-36761000-1371487968_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-40732900-1371487974_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-04568100-1371487979_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-43709900-1371487982_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-81074200-1371487983_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-79010700-1371488015_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-34065200-1371488017_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-93510300-1371488018_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-83675600-1371488022_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-18867200-1371488027_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-98675200-1371488031_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-21171800-1371488036_thumb.jpgpost-4006-0-84935500-1371488040_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Thought I'd show you guys my awesome Rainbow Dash Yu-Gi-Oh! token. I met a brony at my local card shop, and he pretty much gave me this. I love it img-1636200-1-wub.png

post-15146-0-65018800-1373407378.jpg

Edited by fimdash

I used to like Yu-Gi-Oh...when I was 12...lololololol

Seriously though, I was never that much into the card game, although it can be pretty fun actually. I used to have a Yu-Gi-Oh Xbox game that was basically the card game.

I was a lot more into Pokemon though xD

This was a huge part of my childhood as I'm sure it is for many people. I watched the original series and some of GX. I couldn't get into 5D's (card games on motorcycles!) or zexal. I still have my cards and play sometimes with childhood friends. :)

i bucking love yugioh but i was the minority of my friends who actually knew how to play i still play it now :D i have just finished my constellar deck 

@Rarity_Luna "change of heart" is a banned card now :P

I just opened a battle pack 2 box. I got two of the god cards, a Cardcar, a breakthrough skill, all three of the forbidden spell cards, and a bunch more epic stuff. I also got the box for just 12 dollars.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

Currently playing a Battlin' Boxer deck. It's pretty damn good, and I'm playing a stun variant of it. I love cards that can survive destruction such as Maestroke and Wind-Up Zenmaines, so naturally I wanted to give a deck that can create a Maestroke on steroids (so to speak) a try. The deck is fairly cheap too, so getting all the Battlin' Boxer cards wasn't really a problem. It's a lot of fun, and I try to make it not so one-dimensional by running cards like Masked Chameleon, which opens up many synchro/xyz plays. Lead Yoke is an amazing card (it reminds me of the Big Daddies from Bioshock), and you feel so safe with him out.  :D

Here's my decklist with the side deck and all that. I got the idea from Wytze Kluitenberg's Battlin' Boxer deck, and modified it to my liking.

img-2344440-1-h0EL90q.png

EDIT: Looking back, this build was pretty... meh :P Changed it a bunch of times since this post and I think those changes were for the better. Can't believe I wasn't maining Black Horn of Heaven back then, for example. That card is just too good not to run in the main.

Edited by darkseraph
  • Brohoof 2

I still have my deck. I played a lot when I was 13. I've had 2 decks (1st one was lost). Most of my cards are older, since I liked Yugioh when the monsters were something you'd see in dungeons and dragons, not robocop or transformers...

My deck is mostly dragons, with all the necessary cards to summon the blue eyes shining dragon.

Decoy dragon is a fun monster.

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

Oh man, Yu-Gi-Oh was part of my childhood. I remember asking for booster packets constantly to my parents; as I always wanted to collect all the cards.

The original anime was despite being highly cheesy and predictable made me fall in love with the game until GX came along!

Even the new ones are utter garbage as it never catches the magic that the original had.

I rarely duelled at all as I just collected them; I still have them somewhere in storage in my bedroom.

I currently possess 2 of the 3 original god cards.

Does anyone else think that YuGiOh is almost like MLP, FRIENDSHIP is Magic, except with humans and trading cards?

At least with the first generation, nothing that is post-Yami.

• 2 weeks later...

@,

Then lets not let that happen... Also, OOOOOHHHHH, Battlin' Boxers. Nice

Oh, yeah xD what do you play?

I recently took out the Iron Walls from my main. They can be amazing, but sometimes I'd rather have an anti-attacker or something like that so I threw in a Bottomless and a Fiendish Chain to replace the Walls. Changed a few other things too.

Edited by fimdashie