Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MLP' Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

Captain Marvelous

Well, the deck is based on nullifying with effects like Ancient Gear golem/beast, Jinzo, and Pitch-black Warwolf. It also uses a main continuous spell known as Charging Emperor. With Charging Emperor on the field, any monster that I've tribute summoned cannot be targeted, or destroyed by ANY effect. Monster ,Spell, or trap.

Naturally, my trap cards are centered mostly on protecting Charging Emperor. Because, as long as Charging Emperor is on the field, the only way my opponent can get rid of my monsters, are with attacks. 

To counteract an opponent's attack, I use monsters like Tyrant Dragon, and Mystical Beast of Serket. (Who has the effect of increasing it's own attack every time it destroys a monster by battle.) My lower leveled monster effects are mostly based on summoning other lower level monsters to make tributes for my big guns. I also run Seal of Orichalcos to help my higher level monsters get even stronger to help put down the attack of my opponent's monsters.

Are you on Dueling Network?

I actually haven't been on Dueling Network in quite some time. I normally stick to Devpro. It has an offline Vs. CPU mode that allows me to practice at my leisure. 

I currently own 1,511 Yu-Gi-Oh! cards; that's not a guess lol.  I own cards from at least 48 different expansions.

I liked to play all manner of decks, but I found myself building several Earth, Fire, Fiend, and Insect-centric ones.  Also gotta have at least one card destruction and one direct damage deck.  There are lots of archetypes I enjoyed building decks from: Morphtronic, DarkWorld, Gladiator Beast, Cloudian, Crystal Beast, Alien, so on and so on.

Idunno who the hay my favorite monster is lol; I was quite fond of Harpie Lady 1 and Dark Magician Girl, though. :blush:

The first show that aired in the States - that's my favorite.  I've also collected some of the manga, starting after the cards became a persistent theme.

• Brohoof 1

Made a pure Geargia deck a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it :) Constantly plus and drop XYZs like mad crazy, to the point where you can even eat through Torrentials and Warnings and still get out monsters. Consistent as heck too.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't watched any of the seasons besides the very first one, filled with "heart of the cards" and kuribohs and stuff. Never had an interest in the rest of them, I'm afraid.

I did play the card game, don't think I have any of the cards anymore. I did start to get back into it just a teenie bit thanks to my brother (he actually got me to try a lot of card games for a bit, and then he just suddenly stops playing them :huh:). I guess I wouldn't mind messing around with the game every once in a while. I did think about trying out devPro, or whatever it's called, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

As for the type of deck I'd use: I'd like to try out Madolche, mostly because I like the art  :catface:. Who knows, I may just try it out again pretty soon.

(edited)

B) Yeah, finally! I can only answer a few.

Fav Card: Dark Magician

2nd Fav Card: Dark Magician Girl

Fav Show: Original Yu-Gi-Oh!

Cards I have: I have alot

Edited by ANGEL

If anyone would like to add me on DN my user is: Shady_

I use very weird decks but I'm a casual player anyways.

PM me if you want to have a match, I'll add you and you can destroy me  :lol: I kinda suck...

• 4 weeks later...

I understand jack shit about pendulum summon. I actually play another game right now. Only thing i would play now if i had the chance are fairy decks. I like fairy decks. I also play noble knights and Madolche.

This card is OP as hell.

chaos_emperor_dragon___envoy_of_the_end_

I know it has been banned but I still use it when I play with my friends :)

My first deck was the kaiba starter deck and I still have it!

I think my first deck was Joey's starter. But I got a Kaiba starter deck sometime ago, those were the times!

• Brohoof 1

I tried getting back into it a few months ago. I was building a Madolche deck. But my video game and anime hobbies are already supper expensive as it is, and I really couldn't afford this one too. Plus, everyone was too good. Or at least the ones on Duel Network were. 

(edited)

Hi everyone ^^ I don't play anything really competitively (save that for Pokemon, video games specifically) but I do love a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh!

Decks I currently use (all on the Duelist Network) are a Gem-Knight card deck (which is the one I currently main with, & is actually quite powerful & versatile), & a Photon/Galaxy card deck. However back when I had real cards I had a very messy looking... Thing. It didn't have one strategy, just a bunch of mini-strategies in one big pile XD

Favorite cards currently are the Gem-Knight Diamond fusion, which has won more battles for me than I ever imagined, & my old pal Black Luster Soldier. The Luster Soldier was my biggest ally back when I first got into the battles, & pulled me out of more small scraps than I can imagine. Nowaday's, Gem-Knight Diamond has become my biggest hitter & ally in battles.

Favorite show would probably be either 5D's or GX... Can't stand Zexal, but I really don't have too much to complain about for everything before it... Though I will admit, watching the very first series, since it always has the oddest rules compared to the current format (type advantages/disadvantages, odd attack & defense stats, varying amounts of life points... It all felt messy & cluttered), makes my OCD go a bit... Blargh.

If anyone ever wants to Duel, PM me :D I play on the Dueling Network but if anyone wants to play on Yu-Gi-Oh! Pro I am thinking of downloading it, you would just need to give me time to set everything up if I haven't already :P

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 1

My specialty is a lightsworn recipe I got from one of the ds games but I'm also good with other decks. I mainly use my ocean deck. Neo daedalus has a special place in my heart due to a close my with one of my friends. I was losing, badly, and only had ALO (A Legendary Ocean) and Unshaven angler on the field. He had Relinquished on the field at 3000+ atk. (stole my mobius and had a couple equips). In my hand I had Big Wave Small Wave and Levia Dragon Daedalus. Drew Pot Of Greed, Activated it and drew Neo Dardalus and Momma (Mother) Grizzly. Used Angler's ability to sac it for Daedalus, Big Waved that for Neo Daedalus, activated Neo's ability clearing the field and both hands (his had all his good cards, including an original non effect slifer) and went in for the kill and win. The only reason I played my daedalus that was was because it was an errata version and says nothing about tributing a Daedalus to special summon. I just recently found out that it was an errata.

• 5 months later...

Well, I did it. I went and got that devpro thing which is pretty nice. Now I can go ahead and test out decks on the wimpy AI and not have to worry about my ego getting crushed.

Anyway, I have to say my favorite deck so far is Ghostricks just because they're a little unorthodox. I guess that also means it's not top tier, but still it's pretty interesting with all the hand-traps and direct attacks. It's all peek-a-boo style guerilla tactics, and the art's pretty nice too. Of course I've been using that one OCG card in there so I guess it's not really a legit deck as far as the TCG community is concerned. 

If anyone wanted to play (and bruise my ego) I'd be up for it... as soon as I remember how to play online.

• Brohoof 1

What cards do you have?

A buncha really really old, not very good ones >_>

What kind of decks do you use?

On Dueling Network, I've used most everything. My favorite deck would probably be Harpies because their style suits me, but I'm sad because they're not very good right now :(. Currently learning to use Nekroz and having a blast with them :)

What is your favorite monster?

This baby

lightning_chidori_by_xblackdragin777x-d5

Which is your favorite show?

The original's pretty gud. This latest one, Arc V is amazing though :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ8-eAupn9M

Without giving too much away, the main character is trying to become a pro to fill the hole in his heart left when his dad abandoned him, the main girl (women actually get screentime in this series :o ) is trying to untangle a mystery involving strange freedom fighters using XYZ monsters, and the main rival is assembling an army of good duelists for some future conflict with other dimensions or something. I still don't quite know what's going on yet :squee:

It's kinda like Avatar: The Last Airbender meets the first couple episodes of Madoka Magica, but with card games :D. Everything looks all cute and happy, and people are trying to learn summoning methods, but it becomes clear pretty early on that there's some shady stuff going on behind the scenes.

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly I did play this a lot in middle school. Had a really good stall deck that won me a tourny. Gave all my old cards away a long time ago. Took me ages to get those luster dragons D=

really luster dragons only have 2400 attack what deck we're you using?