Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This. Is. Epic.

~Master~ Button Mash

That sounds pretty epic, too. Definitely keep us informed on your attempt to find bronies on campus. You could have a situation like mine, soon. ;)

...And I come back to the room today and the board's been erased.  Oh well!  I'll give it another try on monday, maybe. 

Last semester I came in wearing my 20% Cooler shirt, and someone walked by and said "Vinyl Scratch is Best Pony".  So there are Bronies out there...

• Brohoof 1

...And I come back to the room today and the board's been erased.  Oh well!  I'll give it another try on monday, maybe. 

Last semester I came in wearing my 20% Cooler shirt, and someone walked by and said "Vinyl Scratch is Best Pony".  So there are Bronies out there...

That's why I moved Vinyl away from the board in the first place. I was afraid the professor would be pissed because I was taking up the board and would throw it away.

Try finding a news bulletin board in a really high traffic hallway or something, and put a piece of paper up saying "Rarity is best pony" there. Maybe add a pic. That way it'll be something more permanent, yet still pretty noticeable. Might take longer to get results, but you'll have a better chance of it staying up.

I've found between 3 and 5 bronies on my campus so far, over the course of last semester and this one.

The first was a classmate that was in my biology lab group the previous semester (read: 1 year ago now), and was already friendly with. I was speaking to him during an outdoor group activity for genetics, but I was doing so in the Royal Canterlot Voice (without the ear splitting loudness. Trust me, if I did a real RCV, people would be seriously injured). He asked what I was doing, and I told him I was using the RCV. He then asked me, "Do you...love and tolerate?" to which I said "Hell yeah!" He doesn't watch the show, though, but he claims to be a brony.

The second person was another guy I knew from freshman year, but is more friendly with some of my suitemates. We were playing Super Smash Bros. at his place, and I typed a new name for me to use (brony). He looked at me, and instantly brohoofed me. Once again, this guy does not watch the show, but is extremely familiar with the internet phenomena, being an avid Reddit browser.

Dude number three was a guy I met at a gathering for my residence block (4 suites, plus 4 apartments). For some reason, the discussion in the room came to Gak, and I was like "Guh, Gak." He then says, "Didn't you hear? Gak has made a comeback!" I then say, "I know, it was plastered (no pun intended) all over the Season 3 premiere." He responded "So, you watch the show too?" I was happy to find yet another fan here.

Guys four and five happened very recently. I got a couple of MLP shirts for christmas, and I decided to wear my "Luna is Best Princess" shirt on Tuesday. I have organic chemistry lab in the morning, and my TA, a senior, sees my shirt. During the experiment, he walks up to me and says that he likes my shirt. I thank him, and ask him "Uh...do you...watch the show?" He responds by pulling out a crystal Rainbow Dash blindbag figure out of his pocket. We have a conversation about Keep Calm and Flutter On (a short one, since we had work to do, after all), and he then offers to have me over at his apartment to watch new episodes, since like 10 people come over already.

The very same day, I walk into my neurosciences class with my shirt on display. Nothing really happens until the break an hour in. The guy sitting directly to my left has a pony shirt on as well - a mercury colored Rainbow Dash running, with a flag behind it (with the french colors, I think) and "brony" on it. Emboldened by my encounter that morning, I immediately point out that I like his shirt, and he says the same. This guy also happens to live in the very same apartment that my lab TA lives in, too.

The funny thing is, is that a friend of theirs who always comes to get my roommate for dinner commented that "two of my friends both said they met another brony today. I immediately thought it was you, and sure enough, when they described him, it was...they didn't know they had met the same guy!" I thought that was really amusing.

Damn, I didn't mean to steal your thunder, Atomic, but those're my stories for now. At least I didn't wall of text...that would be horrifying.

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

*sigh*

Looks like our time is up. Went back today and found that all of our pictures were taken down. Art pieces were slowly beginning to encroach our area, it was bound to happen. However, that didn't stop me from posting one final picture. I made it a sad Lyra crying because our pictures were taken down, with an arrow pointing toward the rear of the picture near my signature, this time reading "not-so-anonymous brony." On the back I simply stated my name, and asked them to friend me on Facebook. A risk? Yes, but life is full of risks.

post-10346-0-20520800-1360049541_thumb.jpgpost-10346-0-54546000-1360049573_thumb.jpg

Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

*sigh*

Looks like our time is up. Went back today and found that all of our pictures were taken down. Art pieces were slowly beginning to encroach our area, it was bound to happen. However, that didn't stop me from posting one final picture. I made it a sad Lyra crying because our pictures were taken down, with an arrow pointing toward the rear of the picture near my signature, this time reading "not-so-anonymous brony." On the back I simply stated my name, and asked them to friend me on Facebook. A risk? Yes, but life is full of risks.

attachicon.gifIMG_6294.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6296.JPG

Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Awww, that's so sad. Maybe there are some haters in the place or probably the teacher had to clear it to make way for other stuff. But I hope it gets back up and running and you meet that anonymus pegasister. 

(edited)

Awww, that's so sad. Maybe there are some haters in the place or probably the teacher had to clear it to make way for other stuff. But I hope it gets back up and running and you meet that anonymus pegasister. 

Yeah, I have a feeling it was the teacher or a student who needed the space. If it were haters I don't think it would've lasted for two weeks. They weren't thrown out, either. They were just kinda stacked up on top of some cabinets. Maybe when we meet we'll figure out what to do with all of our old art.

Yeah, I have a feeling it was the teacher or a student who needed the space. If it were haters I don't think it would've lasted for two weeks. They weren't thrown out, either. They were just kinda stacked up on top of some cabinets. Maybe when we meet we'll figure out what to do with all of our old art.

That's good. Just gotta put'em in a safe place, or maybe you can use them for an art project in the future to illustrate bronyism. 

Aw, that's too bad, man!   I guess it's inevitable that pictures like that would be taken down at some point, but that still sucks.  Hopefully she saw your message, though, and she'll reach out to you as a Facebook Friend. 

I feel like this story hasn't completely finished yet, though!  Keep us updated.  I'd love to know if you ever meet her.

(By the way I did put up some pictures of Rarity on some of those bulletin boards around campus... I'll create my own thread if anything comes of it)

Edited by hawkflame

(edited)

Ok, I feel like a bit of a dumbass right now. :mellow: See those crisscross sharpie bleed-through lines on the Lyra pic? That was where I put my original request to be friended on Facebook, but I decided to cross it out (bad penmanship + being rushed) and write it on the other side of the paper. Unfortunately, I forgot to change the arrow to indicate which side of the page the new message was on. So when I went to check for changes today, I saw that only the side with the arrow was pulled up, which makes me think she didn't see the actual message.

I hope I didn't make her feel like she was trolled or anything. I'm about to go put this up to clear things up.

post-10346-0-20672600-1360105284_thumb.jpg

And...

Great_success.jpg

She got my last message and friended me on Facebook. We haven't met yet, but at least we now know who we are and we can communicate a lot easier. :)

First a flight lesson, and now this. Today is a good day! :D

• Brohoof 3