Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long does it take you to fall asleep?

Miss Light Diamond

Well...The title say's it all.

It usually takes me about an hour and a half to fall asleep...On a good night.

and I have noticed that a lot of people I know fall asleep in under twenty minutes...Which I find amazing.

How Long Does it take you to fall asleep?

Edited by Fire Sky
  • Brohoof 5

Depends on how tired I am. 

On an average night i'll fall asleep within the hour, eventually. If i'm a little tired, probably about half an hour, but if i've been up for a while, i'll be asleep in minutes. 

And on that note, i'm actually just about to hit the hay as it is...at 6:15am. Suave.

• Brohoof 1

I'm the same way. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep. -_-  If I go to bed at 1am, I'm lucky if I'm asleep by 2. It's usually about an hour and a half.  The odd night after an exhausting day I can fall asleep within 15 mins, but that's a rare occasion.

• Brohoof 1

I could probably lay awake all night trying to get to sleep. I'm serious. I have laid in my bed for hours only to give up on trying to fall asleep and get out of bed to start doing stuff because I feel like I am wasting time.

I have such a hard time getting to sleep that I used to take benadryl just to knock me out, until it stopped working. Now I take melatonin which makes me sleepy enough after awhile to pass out, but I wish I could just sleep on my own. If I miss a day of sleep I end up staying up until the next night, or longer, because naps are just flat out impossible for me to do. I never wake feeling refreshed though which sucks more than not being able to sleep imo.

My main problem is my mind just won't shut up. Just keeps going and going and going and... you get the drift. Totally random things, complicated over thinking things, the past, etc. doesn't matter what, my mind always seems to find something to run on about so I can't sleep.

Edited by Puddlejumper
  • Brohoof 4

Within 30 min mostly, but up to an hour isn't uncommon for me either.

I hate it when I read something really interesting on the net, and then when I go to bed I can't freaking get my mind off it! I don't feel tired at all, and it can take up to several hours before I finally go into slumber.

It depends on when I decide to get to bed. I normally always fall asleep by 2 AM. If I go to bed after 2 AM I'll normally fall asleep within half and hour to an hour.

Oh my God...

It literally takes me forever to fall asleep. I cant stay still. I toss and turn and cant get comfortable...and by the time all that is over I would probably have been laying there for about an hour and a half or two hours. It's ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

I have a severe case of Insomnia, so usually it takes me about 4 days to fall asleep.

On my best days, it takes me about 30 hours.

My longest time was two weeks, where I had about 20 minute naps that were interrupted naturally. I survived on coffee, Five-Hour-Energys, and protein bars. 

That's my life for ya'.

Edited by Greasy Old-Fart

Depends. I can fall asleep in 10 minutes if I took a shower just before, and it's late, I'm tired and can't think. If I haven't had a shower, and I have a lot on my mind? 2 hours, minimum... Normally I take around an hour, mainly due to having had a shower, but still having tons on my mind.

Once I actually decide I'm going to go to sleep, I usually go to sleep very quickly. I stay up late a lot, though.

If I'm not asleep inside of an hour because I have something on my mind or whatever, I'll go do something else until I feel like going to sleep.

• Brohoof 1

I could probably lay awake all night trying to get to sleep. I'm serious. I have laid in my bed for hours only to give up on trying to fall asleep and get out of bed to start doing stuff because I feel like I am wasting time.

*snip*

My main problem is my mind just won't shut up. Just keeps going and going and going and... you get the drift. Totally random things, complicated over thinking things, the past, etc. doesn't matter what, my mind always seems to find something to run on about so I can't sleep.

^This happens to me on occasion. And then I quickly fall asleep in the middle of some other day for around 12 hours only to wake up at like 9pm, angry that my entire day disappeared.

I usually fall asleep in a little over an hour. Of course I seem to a minor case of RLS (restless leg syndrome) and that tends to keep me up for a while some nights.I probably picked it up from my father. Cursed genes.

Edited by Cota
  • Brohoof 1

I dunno... I can't believe you people actually watch the clock to see how long it takes you to fall asleep. When I go to bed, I'm too tired to give a crap about anything except my immaculate, amazing sleep.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno... I can't believe you people actually watch the clock to see how long it takes you to fall asleep. When I go to bed, I'm too tired to give a crap about anything except my immaculate, amazing sleep.

Well for me it's more like, " it's 11pm I should probably get some sleep, got to get up early... What the hell, it's already 4 in the morning. Fall asleep already!" So you can see why I can take a guess as to how long it usually takes.

Wow, I haven't realized how long it takes for people to sleep. I mean, I sleep in about 10 minutes or so. That shouldn't be too long. Sometimes when I'm really tired (which rarely happens), once I reach my bed and drop, I sleep... as in INSTANTLY. I have cousins who sleep in about 2 minutes right after they start to close their eyes. It's ridiculously fast!

It really depends on how active I've been during the day.  If I've taken a few walks around campus that day, I can usually fall asleep within an hour.  However, then there's days like today where I stay in my dorm and do next to nothing physical and end up posting to random topics on these forums at 3am because I've given up trying to fall asleep and am waking up at 6 anyways.  It's strange that I found this topic tonight, because that's exactly what's happening.

Depends on whats up for the next day.

Under ten minutes.  (I wake up early for school so I'll be tired)

Over twenty minutes (if something really awesome is happening the next day)

I'm lucky.  Before this, it would take forever.  Now, I've been falling asleep fairly quick.

Which is slightly disappointing, because while I'm trying to fall asleep, I come up with ideas.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it takes me around two and a half hours to fall asleep, and during that time I'm thinking about TF2. I find it so bloody hard to get to sleep it's not funny! How in the hell do you guys get to sleep so early?

It can take hours for me to fall asleep

I'm honestly not the best sleeper

I don't really mind that, but I just need

to make sure that there is always a mug of

coffee available for me to have

In the morning

On good nights, only about an hour and a half. But it can take me up to three hours, sometimes even more. I also tend to wake up in the middle of the night and I get regular sleep paralysis, which doesn't help. I envy people who can fall asleep quickly and wake up after 10 hours. :mellow:

• Brohoof 1