Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long does it take you to fall asleep?

Miss Light Diamond

I'm always envious of how easily my brother can fall asleep.....it's just amazing. He closes his yes, and boom, he's asleep. 

For me, it depends. Sometimes it takes a couple hours, and if I'm really tired or lucky, maybe one hour. But it's really hard for me to fall asleep, and it's been like that since I was little. Until I fall asleep, I'm just tossing and turning, and then I wake up tired. :P

it takes me only a few seconds just depends on whats happening, sometimes i fall asleep playing games if i am tired, i fell asleep playing the game F.E.A.R and when i woke up i was half in and half out a sky scrapers window abouts to die, i also fell asleep playing borderlands and killed two creatures (probs because i had a 250k rocket launcher and fired it)  :lol:

if it means anything, my son fell asleep within minutes of me putting him down to bed for the night, which means i fell asleep quickly as well. and he didnt even wake up and cry. which was the best sleep he and i had since he started sleeping over.

• 6 months later...

How long it takes me to fall asleep depends on how tired I am. However, generally, it does not take me long at all to fall asleep. I have not timed it, but I can guess that it usually takes me less than thirty minutes to fall asleep. However, sometimes it can take longer. 

If you have trouble falling asleep quickly, there are several things you can do to help yourself fall asleep more quickly, including, but not limited to, the following: 

• Avoid usage of the computer, or any other electronic devices near bedtime. The light they emit inhibits production of melatonin.

• Relax before bedtime. One great way to do this is to sit or lay in bed and read a book.

• If you are worried about anything, write your thoughts about it down. You could also write a to-do list for the next day. This can help you to not stay awake worrying about things.

• Don't use your bedroom for anything other than sleeping and sex. This helps your mind associate your bedroom with sleep, and not with other things such as the computer that might make it harder to fall asleep.

• Stop drinking caffeine entirely. 

I don't do any of the above five things, because I usually don't have too much trouble falling asleep. The quicker I can fall asleep the better, though, so I'll start attempting at least some of them.

• Brohoof 2

It's around 30 minutes or an hour. Sometimes I don't get any sleep at all, it's very random sometimes it takes forever. Although usually it's 30-60 minutes.

Don't use your bedroom for anything other than sleeping and sex. This helps your mind associate your bedroom with sleep, and not with other things such as the computer that might make it harder to fall asleep.

Bro, you're forgetting cuddling. lol

• Brohoof 2

It depends on how tired i am .. Sometime i can just drop right where i am and fall asleep other times it takes me hours. Most of the time i gave to be watching something to fall asleep and right at the beginning i am dead asleep but if i am really into then i have to find something else...

It depends on how tired i am .. Sometime i can just drop right where i am and fall asleep other times it takes me hours. Most of the time i gave to be watching something to fall asleep and right at the beginning i am dead asleep but if i am really into then i have to find something else...

It takes me usually between 5-15 minutes or in some cases when I am really wiped out almost immediately, though I do have occasional night where sleep dosen't come quite as easily.

I also take at least an hour. Usually between one hour and two hours. So on school nights I take a special medicine to help me fall asleep, because I have sleep problems as it is, (Tossing and turning, not having a peaceful slumber) 

I go to bed at 9:30-10 usually every night. Even when I stay up until 11, I always fall asleep within 5 minutes. I fall asleep so easily. I basically get in bed, start thinking about random stuff an-*asleep*. It's nice actually. I can imagine just laying there for half an hour would suck.

What is this sleep you speak of? It sounds amazing. I usually lay awake in my bed until the sun rises. Whenever I do actually fall asleep, it's only for about twenty minutes at a time. I find it much easier to sleep during the day, which only takes a few minutes after I lie down.

I have no idea. Even if I knew the time I started trying, a) I would think about it and it would keep me up longer, and B) I have no idea what time I fall asleep, because, well, I'm sleeping x)

But I guess, on a good night 5-10 minutes max. But I have bad nights a lot. Damn insomnia.

Some days few seconds, other day ah a few mins, but sometimes it could take up to 2 hours... I hate those days.. but the trick I found to helping me sleep is day dream next thing I know I'm sleeping and I'm in my day dream which is really sweet :) works for me.

It doesn't really take that long for me to go to sleep. This is my checklist before I go to sleep:

• Take a shower.
  • Get comfortable in my bed.
  • Forget that I didn't brush my teeth.
  • Remember that I need to go to the bathroom.
  • Roll out of bed, then go into the bathroom. 
  • Go back to bed, read a book.
  • Then go to sleep after ten minutes.

Hmm, if I had to take a guess, I'd say on average about 15-30 minutes, I guess it really just depends though it can be different. But that is usually how long it takes me.

Fortunately, it doesn't take very long for me to fall asleep. I only go to bed when I'm actually feeling tired, and sometimes I'll stay up until I feel really tired just so sleeping will feel super comfortable. The rare times when I'm forced to hit the hay a bit early, I just listen to music and eventually I'll start feeling sleepy. If there's something gnawing at my brain, I'll usually just stay up thinking about it, but at some point I'll grow tired and feel the need to sleep. The thought that I'll be able to not think about my troubles when I'm asleep actually helps in falling asleep when something bad is on my mind. But yeah, most of the time sleeping comes easy to me. Lately I've been thinking about ponies before bed, and that makes falling asleep even easier.

It depends. When I'm tired and actually WANT to sleep it takes around 5 minutes. As soon as I get in a comfortable position and don't move at all and everything is quiet, I can easily zonk out.

On the other hand, when I'm restless and just don't feel like sleeping, like right now, I stay up pretty late on my phone because I'm bored of tossing and turning in my bed and staring at the ceiling cause I JUST CAN'T SLEEP!! *angry*

Sleep? Sleep is for the weak...

I am full of energy every time! I am always ON... Watching....

But if you don't mind, I am going to knocked out first since I have not sleeping for DAYS, four to be exact....

I am now seeing things and I think I am able to sleep, in the hospital...

Normally it takes me a few hours to go to sleep. Normally I decide to watch TV or Netflix and just can't go to sleep. Once I turn everything off though it probably takes me about 15 minutes to actually go to sleep. I take a lot of naps so my body is used to getting rested when it can.

Somewhere between two hours and almost instantly, pretty much depends on how tired I am and how much milk is in my system. Yeah, I like drinking lactose cow juice before going to sleep :P