Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you want to see in G5 ponies?

Phoenix237

Note:

If this post doesn't belong here the could someone move it to the appropriate location. Thanks.

Okay I know many have made post such as what are you going to do after the show ends, or do you think the fandom will die, etc.

This post is not like that. At least not for the most part.

First of before I begin I want to say that I believe the series will last for a while. I don't think it's going away sometime soon.

We know the show will end someday (sadly :( ), but it will always have a special place in my heart and mind as one of the greatest cartoons ever made.

Anyway after the show end, and considering the success of the current generation, the series will be rebooted.

Admit it. If (and I think this will be the case) MLP: FIM is successful till the end, then the MLP series will be rebooted for G5.

Okay now that I have your attention I have question.

What Kind of Show do you want G5 ponies to be? I know it's going to Be a long time till that happens, but this is all for fun so work with me. So what do you want to see for G5 ponies?

Let me start to give you an idea.

I for one am looking for the sequel approach.

What do I mean?

Let me give you an example (note this is the best example I could find so don't hate me). For those who don't know in 2012 Nick released a cartoon called "The Legend of Kora". What about it you ask? Well it's a direct sequel to "Avatar the last Airbender". The series takes place year after the original series. The show however is it's own series. The series has writers, artist, etc. from the old series and The show sometime has references to its predecessor, but in all honesty it is it's own show. It has its own characters, its own setting, and its own storyline. You don't have to watch the original series to enjoy this show. It has references that fans of the old show will get, but new comers are still able to enjoy the new series.

This is sorta the approach I want Hasbro to take when they consider doing the G5 pony series. To be a sequel to MLP: FIM.

Let me explain what I mean.

The show should have its own set of cast. It could be another group of 6 I guess. For their personalities I want them to be more unique. They could be similar to the old cast, but if they were exactly the same that would be boring. They should each be unique to show improvement in the series.

The setting should obviously be in the future, but as for where I don't know. It could be a future in a town we already know, or a completely new part of Equestria. As for how many year in the Future, well if we want cameo appearances of the older cast then it should be only a couple years in the future.

Which brings me to my next point. Yes I think it should have some references or nods to the older series. Maybe have a cameo appearance of one of the older cast of characters. I however don't think they should do this too often, in order to show that this is a show by itself. Should there be nods to the older show? Yes, but not too much that it makes the new show look like it depends on the older generation. It should be a show all on its own. I think the new show should have its own set of characters minor an major to show that it's a show all on its own.

Art and story wise? I think that consider the success of FIM I believe that they should have no trouble bringing some of the old cast to make this new series. The art style could be the same to show reference to the old generation, but that's just me.

In short if Hasbro did this I think it would be a good idea. It would bring new content so that a new generation can enjoy the show. It will also have some of the old to get the attention of us Bronies that love the G4 series an may make us give this new series a chance. This way the Brony community could last longer and a new generation may come.

Anyway I think I over extended my post.

Now I want to hear from you.

I know that G5 ponies won't be here for years, but just for fun.

What do you want to see in G5 ponies?

Should it be a spin-off, a sequel, a prequel, a completely new show, should it be CGI?

Be creative it's all in good fun.

Note:

This isn't a post made to make you fear of the show ending soon. I still believe the show will last for years to come. Hell I still think we will see the 100th episode and still go beyond.

This post was NOT made to make you fear the degradation of the brony community over time or the show loss.

This post is all for good fun.

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 2

Yep, I'm looking for a spin-off for G5. I think we'll have a little bit of trouble avoiding old cast members like Celestia and Luna, considering they can live for a thousand years and then some. I was actually hoping for a show centered around the CMC, but if not, we could go far into the future for a new set of six ponies to fill in the slots of the current. 

Edited by PrymeStriker
  • Brohoof 3

G5 should be a continuation of the original series, like the CMC or maybe a group of 6 new ponies.  Either that or a prequel, where it's about the time before NMM.  CGI? No.

• Brohoof 5

I don't want a G5 though, I fell in love with G4.

G4 is perfect. I've fallen in love with the characters, the setting, the animation, the writing, the voice acting, all of it is fantastic. I don't want it to go away.

I'd much rather have them keep making G4 than a G5.

• Brohoof 10

Equestria seems to be that kind of place that never is peaceful all the time, there will be always someone trying to make everyone's lives terrible, So, if the elements of harmony from this generation perish (;~; ) Or  somehow their power banishes away, then Equestria will need new elements to keep it's peace.

I am imagining that it will be a sequel, being the CMC 3 of the new mane 6, what i wonder is what the other 3 would be, Maybe Dinky Doo? I have always seen this character in particular as potential!

Edited by Piodx

EDIT: Oh, I'm really super smart and misinterpreted the OP. Go me.

I want all the same things because change is scary I don't trust that MLP will ever be as appealing again (considering its history) if they do something different. If they change the art style, I'm pretty sure I will walk away and never look back.

Edited by Replicant

In the event that there's a hiatus and a new generation/new ponies, I hope that they'll keep some similarities with this "generation," both to give something to look for and, ideally, as a "nod" to g4 fans.

That said, I'm really hoping for a show with a similar "tone" and "focus" as this gen (e.g. a children's show that's interesting to more than just 4-year-olds).  Much like some of y'all, I'd be rooting for a CMC-centric reboot, with a few new ponies to "round out" the cast; it seems to me like the CMC characters could reasonably stand with a new/unrelated show, while still preserving some manner of "continuity" between the generations.

(Plus, we'd also finally figure out what their cutie marks were! :D)

(Edit--Or "are."  In fact, just ignore my verb tenses for this whole post.)

Edited by Harlequin
  • Brohoof 1

theres a lot of options i had in mind

CMC grown up

g4 mane 6 or new ponies with the whole show having a storyline

1000 years ago

g4 mane 6 or new ponies as fillies

g4 background ponies

just like g4 but with new ponies

OR

just keep making g4... forever...

unless the same people will make g5, my biggest fear will be g5 becoming another g3

• Brohoof 1

If G5 is to be started with a new MLP series, I say it should take place within the same universe as G4. G4's universe is so well established and diverse that an infinite amount of stories can be told.

G4 is perfect. I've fallen in love with the characters, the setting, the animation, the writing, the voice acting, all of it is fantastic. I don't want it to go away.

I agree with this in all honesty, even if they do end up making a G5 I really would just rather them have everything be the same.

If they really have to then I guess they could make the main characters different, but honestly I don't know if i can think of a better art style animation and everything else about the show that makes it amazing, it feels so perfect.

So really I don't have any idea what I'd want in G5, since I love G4 so much that I can't imagine anything to add to it to improve it. I'd be totally fine if they basically had G5 be G4 with maybe a new set of characters or something, like the CMC grown up or something idk.

One thing I know i don't want is for it to go to something like G3.5... Oh my.. As long as we aren't headed there for G5 I'll still have a chance of liking the show.

Nothing will bring the exactly same magic for me as G4 though I don't think... Kinda depressing actually. Oh well atleast I'm confident the fandom will last on pretty long, and I hope I'll stick around, if not for ponies for the people.

Guess only time will tell how it goes. I can't honestly imagine anything better then G4 for mlp.

• Brohoof 1

With the popularity of the current gen. Do you think the next could be a sequel where the ponies are older .I think it would be a great service to the fans. I don't want to see a gen 5 that has no gen 4 art style. I think this art style should stay. Twilight can be a master spell caster. Rainbow Dash could be the leader of the wonder bolts.Applejack could be the mayor of Ponyville You know stuff like that. 

• Brohoof 1

If this generation ends, it would be a while away. They would take a very long time to reboot it if it crashes and burns, and it would therefore be a reboot.

• Brohoof 2

since when did companies like hasbro(main owner of MLP Merch) care for their fans? Any who there has been alot of talk about this. Everyone wants Twilight to be an Alicorn in the G5 series if it was a sequel to G4. It would be interesting to See RD as the head of wonderbolts. Rarity could be the biggest name in fashion. Fluttershy could be either an animal expert thought i forget the title or own her own zoo or something

I wouldn't be against a G4.5 with a slight alteration to the plot like them being older, but as for G5 I'd rather not see G4 forever on end. I'd like to see something new and fresh with new characters, plots and so on. I've got this mad idea of a live action movie remake of G1 where some kid gets transported into Equastia by a real life looking to a certain degree Firefly, and this girl Megan is potrayed by a real kid not a cartoon or a voice actress. And btw with a better script and characters and stuff to the original G1s

Well  i think first they'd have to run out of ideas for G4, or the generation would have to flat out die. If that happens then thats when they'll consider a new generation.

Personally I have nothing against a type of G4.5 myself. I imagine it could be pretty good depending on how its handled.

For now I'm going to put my hopes on G4 lasting a good long ol time.

I would think it would take a long while before they ever thought about doing another generation just yet. Plus they have had so much success with this generation too. I think this show has many seasons to come and side things that will come along like a movie or even specials etc.

Later on if they did make another generation I would not want them to completely do away with the brilliant idea behind g4. I am not entirely sure what they would make the next generation about. But it would be nice if they added to what g4 brought to us.

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

With the popularity of the current gen. Do you think the next could be a sequel where the ponies are older .I think it would be a great service to the fans. I don't want to see a gen 5 that has no gen 4 art style. I think this art style should stay. Twilight can be a master spell caster. Rainbow Dash could be the leader of the wonder bolts.Applejack could be the mayor of Ponyville You know stuff like that. 

Your topic, 'Could MLP G5 be a sequel to G4?' has been merged with 'What do you want to see in G5 ponies?'. While your topic is slightly more specific, it fits into this topic fairly smoothly, and covers a lot of the same content.

No matter how much we want them to keep making G4, the sad truth we have to face is that it won't last forever. What I mean by that is they won't make new episodes forever; it has to end sometime. Mind that, we don't have to forget G4 after it's gone. 

G5 should go to a completely different setting:

It should be about everyday life in the 80s. The ponies should go to school, have romantic interests, etc.

Oh wait, they already did that.

Instead the next iteration should have cyberponies (cyborg-ponies)

I'm in favor of an epic fantasy anime. Something roughly in the same line as Avatar. Which I haven't seen, but trust is suitably impressive in all three categories. I also think it ought to link in with G4; why toss the setting when there's nothing wrong with it?

This might sound odd, but I think Power Rangers may have something to offer in the storytelling department. Each season has it's major story arc, it's team that works through it, and when it's done it's done. But then the next season can build on the foundation, bring back old characters and threats, and enrich the world with new ideas.

I love the animation of G4, I hope they don't completely change it back to the outdated ponies >.< If they do change it I just hope they keep at least some details from G4 and make the new characters have similar personalities unlike the stereotypical frou-frou girly personality they had back in G3. 

To be honest, I'm not sure if there will ever be a cartoon like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic again. Hasbro took a huge wing with this and it tremendously paid off. The vectoring is amazing,. The animation is perfect. The voices, plot, characters, are all fantastic. The odds of them somehow making a sequel that is superior to MLPFIM, is below half of a percent.

• Brohoof 2

Why would thy change a winning format though? Maybe have a shuffle around whilst still retaining the main six characters.

For example, CMC could have grown older and progressed in life.

Edited by ajm