Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hypnotize yourself to be a pony, links included

lardbobobo

Huh. xD I got around 3/4 of the way through the Twilight one. I can't believe I even tried it, as I'm sure it can be dangerous. Demons can enter you this way, I'm sure. It didn't really affect me, though... I did get tired, and I tried to imagine all of the "changes" he was talking about, but nothing really happened. I'm going to stay away form things like this from now on, for as some have said, it gets you intrigued, and maybe even addicted, and bad things could happen.  :ph34r:

I'm a Christian, BTW, so this is more of a moral issue for me rather than that I don't want to do it. Being relaxed and "emptying your mind" is the perfect opportunity for demons to sneak in, so Imma stay away from it. :unsure:

Edited by ~Chaotic Chicken~
  • Brohoof 6

The thought of hypnotizing myself into believing I'm a pony is so crazy that I've got to try it out. I think that my disbelief will prevent this from actually working but I'm really curious as to what it feels like.

I'll probably try this out tomorrow and then come post my experience.

• Brohoof 2

This seems really scary. I don't think I would do it. I mean, the effect do wear off right? And also, what do you guys mean by  "I hypnotize myself into becoming so and so" I don' understand it. 

Hypnotic effects wear off the moment you want them to wear off. I've dabbled in hypnosis for a while and the only thing I've really succeded in doing is curing my panic attacks (which that on its own has made it worth while). The way I define hypnosis is anything that takes advantage of brain quirks. For example, have you ever gotten up to go to a differant room and when you get to that room you suddenly forget why you went there? Its a funky little brain quirk, and believe it or not, its times like that when you are easily subjected to hypnotic suggestion.

Hypnosis is harmless, it can't make you do anything you're strongly obliged not to do.

This sounds fun, Ima try it later.

• Brohoof 1

I tried the twilight one, and while it didnt work, it was really, really relaxing. Does anyone know of a way to keep my mind from being all over the place with random thoughts?

Listen to some quiet or peaceful music, make sure the environment around you is quiet and nobody is around, it should help quite a bit.

• Brohoof 1

Listen to some quiet or peaceful music, make sure the environment around you is quiet and nobody is around, it should help quite a bit.
i know that much. Though, my mind is naturally over analytical. I am always thinking about anything and everything. When I try and focus on certain things, i branxh out into other tgings.

Huh. xD I got around 3/4 of the way through the Twilight one. I can't believe I even tried it, as I'm sure it can be dangerous. Demons can enter you this way, I'm sure. It didn't really affect me, though... I did get tired, and I tried to imagine all of the "changes" he was talking about, but nothing really happened. I'm going to stay away form things like this from now on, for as some have said, it gets you intrigued, and maybe even addicted, and bad things could happen.  :ph34r:

I'm a Christian, BTW, so this is more of a moral issue for me rather than that I don't want to do it. Being relaxed and "emptying your mind" is the perfect opportunity for demons to sneak in, so Imma stay away from it. :unsure:

I'm fairly sure that relaxing isn't something Christians believe can cause demons to enter you, after all, I was one for half my life. Bad things can't and won't happen simply because you try to enjoy yourself.

Edited by ~Lawful Aeternae Salvtis~
  • Brohoof 7

Nhahahahaha I have no idea how this will result but it sounds so fun and I'm gonna do it! Not sure when though maybe I can do it now.

Nah forget it, I need more space and to be alone.

Edited by Hitpony

Nhahahahaha I have no idea how this will result but it sounds so fun and I'm gonna do it! Not sure when though maybe I can do it now.

It wears off when you want it to, as in, when you think about it wearing off, it does. I generally think because it takes advantage of natural brain processes like suggestion and placebo.

A bit hard since I'm actually excited to try the Twilight Sparkle clip. I'll do it later when I have a bit more time on my hand (or space).

The guy who does the Twilight Sparkle hypnosis clip has an amazing voice, just his voice is relaxing even if you don't consider the hypnosis bit.

Oooh, oooh, so excited to try this.
I would do Rarity since she's my favourite pony, but I think I'd like to be Applejack more.

Thanks for sharing :3

I can't stand up, I can only be on all fours.

Like a pony...

:D

This is amazing!

It's so fun!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

Wee I love this so very, very much it's awesome!

Well for one, I'm into all that hypnosis stuff. I can just about self-hypnotis myself. The problem with hypnosis, is it makes you more open to suggestion. I have a few games to test this, but I'll leave that for another time.

• Brohoof 1

This seems really scary. I don't think I would do it. I mean, the effect do wear off right? And also, what do you guys mean by  "I hypnotize myself into becoming so and so" I don' understand it. 

The effect will wear off when you want it to wear off.Have you ever been to a county fair? Next time you're there go check out a hypnotist show and they will show you just how silly and harmless it really is. The hypnotist really doesn't have any control over you, in fact if you really want to you can hypnotize yourself.

To clear things up for people, Hypnosis is 100% safe. It just puts your brain in a hyper-suggestive state (starting to get close to a dream), but you aren't a zombie slave or anything. You can break out of it at any time. You are always in control. Trust me, I've studied the subject a lot and I know the basics.

Note that everyone is different and it might take some people longer, and vice versa. No-one is insusceptible to Hypnosis, but for some people it may take a few tries. Note that you have to go in without any resistance and willingness to follow orders as well, which may be a problem for some people. Also, extroverted people tend to have an easier time with Hypnosis, while introverted people aren't as likely.

So feel free to try this, nothing in it can hurt you, except the possibility of a nasty computer virus. I might try it later, need to boost my overall morale and personality a little.

P.S If you do it regularly, the results will get better and better.

Edited by Dev
  • Brohoof 10

To clear things up for people, Hypnosis is 100% safe. It just puts your brain in a hyper-suggestive state (starting to get close to a dream), but you aren't a zombie slave or anything. You can break out of it at any time. You are always in control. Trust me, I've studied the subject a lot and I know the basics.

Note that everyone is different and it might take some people longer, and vice versa. No-one is insusceptible to Hypnosis, but for some people it may take a few tries. Note that you have to go in without any resistance and willingness to follow orders as well, which may be a problem for some people. Also, extroverted people tend to have an easier time with Hypnosis, while introverted people aren't as likely.

So feel free to try this, nothing in it can hurt you, except the possibility of a nasty computer virus. I might try it later, need to boost my overall morale and personality a little.

P.S If you do it regularly, the results

What this man said, gentlemen. I have never once heard of a case where hypnosis has had a negative effect on people and there will never be a case where hypnosis has a negative effect on people. In fact this is so good I'm gonna slap it up on the first post.

I tried the Twilight Sparkle one, although it didn't seem to affect me. I might try again after my exam tomorrow when hopefully I'll have less on my mind.

I wonder if I can hypnotize myself as Rarity and be able to attempt to play Call of Duty.  I'll have to do it when I'm home alone, because my parents will probably wonder what's wrong with me.

• Brohoof 3

Well, i tried applejack. It didn't work sadly, i did feel relaxed, but nothing changed. I couldn't download the one with the music, thats probably why it didn't work on me. Here i come RD!

The more often you listen, the easier it gets. You relax faster, go deeper into trance, and become more suggestive.

Hence why sometimes they want you to repeat it for greater results.

I'm fairly sure that relaxing isn't something Christians believe can cause demons to enter you, after all, I was one for half my life. Bad things can't and won't happen simply because you try to enjoy yourself.

Well yeah, just relaxing won't do anything, but clearing your mind and the like (things you often hear about in modern movies that contain a special "force" -- like Star Wars) can open the gate for demons. Of course, they can only enter if you want them to. At least, that's what I think...  :huh:

Edited by ~Chaotic Chicken~