Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do anti-bronies seek to achieve?

Yes-Man

There is no goal. They hate. They will always hate. They are people who were born to hate things. I doubt they hate just MLP they are probably homophobic maybe racist or religiously intolerant. People are like that sadly....There goal maybe is just to upset people..And we let them.

• Brohoof 1

Because of the word "pony" they are too scared to lose there manliness to the show, and they will think everyone will hate them. then theres us ponys who were not scared to watch a show because of its name this refers to also "Dont judge a book by its cover"

They just want to get attention out of it, since they know alot of bronies will react to them they continue to troll them.

Some just hate us because of some of the bronies who try to force bronydom upon them.

Some just find us out of the norm, and don't know how to react other then to hate us.

However whatever the actual reason the reaction should pretty much be the same, just ignore them. Fighting with them will solve nothing, infact I hear that most of the haters say the reason they don't like bronies is because of the reactions they have when people troll them.

So its really just best to ignore them.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

Mostly either trolls who want attention or zealots who have no idea what they are talking about, either way the best course of action is to just ignore them.

• Brohoof 1

I think some want us to change to make them feel better and they try to achieve that by persistently reminding us of trivial things like the main target audience or insisting the show isn't very good or something stupid along those lines.

Some of the others may want to do it because they may find a lot of fun in hating something popular or outside social norms. To be fair, I used to have fun hating certain popular things, but I've calmed down since then.

I'm sure in time most people won't make a big fuss about it or start resorting to childish arguments, but for now we just need to ride it out and inform others that many of us are normal people who just so happen to like MLP.

I believe that it's mostly just to whine and to poke fun at us and our existance. Many people I've spoken with say they're disturbed/uncomfortable with the idea of bronies, so maybe that's one of the actual reasons. They usually have the excuse that we either post ponies everywhere and that it's annoying, we are cancerous, or that we should like something for men.

I don't think I am even able to find something that doesn't fit these general reasons. I may be wrong.

• 1 month later...

Power, dominance, and attention.

Or they probably just want to find something to do because they're bored.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

Yeah that's something that crosses my mind when I see comments like that too.

"Just what are you guys trying to do?!" Not that I honestly care . . . okay I do. I don't like hatred and I don't like conflict, giving or receiving.

I find it particularly hurtful when it's clear there are things we could connect on, other shows, video games, why does this have to be at the exclusion of all else in their minds when it's actually NOT in ours?!

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Like many people in the fandom, Anti-Bronies seek to acheive attention from both sides, often want to start, or get somebody else to start, a flame war in which they can feel empowered, or important (though both sides are able to be guilty of this).

And in fact, by even acknowledging that they exist, you are giving them what they want.

They're haters. And you know haters gain? Good feelings, attention, remove bronies etc. Even though they insult us, we won't listen. If they try to burn down the Brony Community, we won't go down. RIGHT?!

We're just a human being minding our own business (liking ponies) and thats a problem to them? And they're just insulting us?

Man its like Godzilla..

There's a trend i'm noticing here, that more and more people in the forums insist on understand anti-bronies, while at the same time feel appalled by their crass mannerisms. Don't take it too personally, but why do you assume they seek to achieve anything?

Maybe the simple act of gaining our attention, inciting anger, or what not is itself the goal and they gain a simple pleasure out of it. Maybe some have banded together and have achieved some sort of shared interest in our undoing that we cannot understand...

...Though i loath to compare them to our fandom in terms of structure and organization (mind you, it's not like we're organized ourselves). It's not like they all have united under some flag to systematically bring about our demise. The ones iv'e seen certainly looked impotent enough to accomplish that.

What do you hope to accomplish by understanding them, anyway?

• Brohoof 1

Attention, lulz, boredom, acceptance among their peers, venting hatred born from disgust or annoyance of the concept of the fandom as a whole or contempt being built up after dealing with overzealous fans or those who create or participate in questionable fan-related content and of course, some people are just close-minded or simply jerks.

And some just hate this fandom and seek to eliminate it along with all of its members for the aforementioned reasons.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis

Anti-bronies don't like bronies plain and simple, and they don't care about us, they don't actively look up pony videos to attack us and only voice their opinion when the matter comes up.

You're thinking of trolls, although some trolls are anti-bronies, other trolls just know what to say and how to piss people off without really having an opinion (not gunna lie, for example while I was out of the fandom for a while I may have trolled a few bronies and I've never been anti-brony, I just did it for giggles)

They're just saying stuff to get on your nerves and no matter WHAT you say responding to them at all is just stupid, it doesn't matter how many facts you state or any evidence you supply it doesn't matter, because he's doing it just to waste your time and make you write out paragraphs that he isn't going to read and get you angered up. Don't waste your time on it.

Although it starts to get stupid when they dedicate their thing (blog, yt channel, etc.) entirely to be a trolling bronies thing because honestly it's not worth the time, it really isn't, you shouldn't dedicate that much effort to troll some random people on the internet.

And remember kids, trolls =/= people with different opinions!

Edited by NotoriousSMALL