Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

For my fellow humans.

DashingRainbow36

That...that was beautiful!

I think I might just listen to that every day from now on. It gave me hope for humanity, which in these times has been all too lacking.

Thank you for sharing this!

haven't we seen enough of these videos already?

watching a video isn't going to change the world,

the change is inside of everyone.

~there will always be suffering in the world~

• Brohoof 2

^^ ALL OF THIS.

It's inspirational, yes, but it's near impossible to change the world.

• Brohoof 1

^^ ALL OF THIS.

It's inspirational, yes, but it's near impossible to change the world.

We just have to keep doing the best we can do, even a little change for the better is a victory.

There will always be suffering but we could do so much better. There is some sort of a revolution that is comming our way, and its comming pretty damn fast. I know a video, a politician, or some preist or guru, wont change anything but LOVE can. We are compasionate, and loving and kind, but this world has been taken over by power hungry men because we havn't evolved out of our primitive stage of being competitive and meanhearted. Like I have alwys said, evolution points out that our prefontal lobes are too small, and our adreanal glands are too big. But our idea, the one we have always had, of happieness and beauty and love and kindness, has always been there and needs to come back. A simple idea can change everything and the way we do things.

YOU are right, the change is in you, and it always has been. The thirst for a better world, and a better understanding of things we don't know. Science. Science has helped us in so many ways, but when used by blood thirsty tyrants its used in despicable manners. I also posted this in light of the "Bullying helps people" thread.

• Brohoof 3

We just have to keep doing the best we can do, even a little change for the better is a victory.

Until a horrible disaster affects us all, any change we attempt to make will be insignificant. And even during that disaster, there'll be a breaking point. It'll either make mankind work together, or divide us even more.

Edited by Mr. Cricket

There will always be suffering but we could do so much better. There is some sort of a revolution that is comming our way, and its comming pretty damn fast. I know a video, a politician, or some preist or guru, wont change anything but LOVE can. We are compasionate, and loving and kind, but this world has been taken over by power hungry men because we havn't evolved out of our primitive stage of being competitive and meanhearted. Like I have alwys said, evolution points out that our prefontal lobes are too small, and our adreanal glands are too big. But our idea, the one we have always had, of happieness and beauty and love and kindness, has always been there and needs to come back. A simple idea can change everything and the way we do things.

YOU are right, the change is in you, and it always has been. The thirst for a better world, and a better understanding of things we don't know. Science. Science has helped us in so many ways, but when used by blood thirsty tyrants its used in despicable manners. I also posted this in light of the "Bullying helps people" thread.

I guess I'm just more of a realist than an idealist ~

A lot of what Shank said, really. Although the video was extremely inspirational, and I love inspirational speeches. Honestly, it was beautiful combined with that voice and that music. At least somebody out there was smart enough to put it in such well-written words.

It doesn't matter wich one you are. Happieness is always a key to our survival as a species. And our world can do better.

Take note ponies. This is how you have constructed disscusions. She could have said I was beeind to idealistic, and not thingling in the real world, and I could have blasted her with something else saying how shes not...idk informed with an idea of happieness (wich shes not) . She sees from one point of veiw. I another. But a common goal I think and I hope we share is Love and Tolerance.

Plus this is a god damn pony forum haha. Go to 4chan for hate threads.

Love you Shank. Glad to talk. This is why i join forums. I love MLP, but I never go to the show disscision threads because ...idk I just dont haha. I like general disscusion threads. The everfree forest thread is the first thing I looked for when i got here.

Until a horrible disaster affects us all, any change we attempt to make will be insignificant. And even during that disaster, there'll be a breaking point. It'll either make mankind work together, or divide us even more.

I can only hope it would bring us together, but even if disaster will come that doesn't mean little acts should be forgotten. If everyone stopped caring just because something bad will eventually happen the world would be far worse off.

I have taken multiple personality tests, and I have always come out as an off the charts idealist. My friends think I am weird because I have pity for those who never learned to be kind, when they would hate them I wish I could teach them.

Like Dashing said though, although our views may differ I think we still all would like to see a better world.

Edited by Guest

It doesn't matter wich one you are. Happieness is always a key to our survival as a species. And our world can do better.

Take note ponies. This is how you have constructed disscusions. She could have said I was beeind to idealistic, and not thingling in the real world, and I could have blasted her with something else saying how shes not...idk informed with an idea of happieness (wich shes not) . She sees from one point of veiw. I another. But a common goal I think and I hope we share is Love and Tolerance.

Plus this is a god damn pony forum haha. Go to 4chan for hate threads.

Love you Shank. Glad to talk. This is why i join forums. I love MLP, but I never go to the show disscision threads because ...idk I just dont haha. I like general disscusion threads. The everfree forest thread is the first thing I looked for when i got here.

I can only hope it would bring us together, but even if disaster will come that doesn't mean little acts should be forgotten. If everyone stopped caring just because something bad will eventually happen the world would be far worse off.

I have taken multiple personality tests, and I have always come out as an off the charts idealist. My friends think I am weird because I have pity for those who never learned to be kind, when they would hate them I wish I could teach them.

Like Dashing said though, although our views may differ I think we still all would like to see a better world.

I'd love to see a better world,

I just don't think passing around videos is going to help .

Just like there is good in the world, there is also evil.

And we have to accept that,

I'm not saying not to love and help people when we can,

but well as an educational video game I had as a child once said,

~"Mister less and mister more,

work at the sugar cane store.

And when mister more starts giving,

it's a fact,

mister less will always subtract"~

Edited by Shankveld

I'd love to see a better world,

I just don't think passing around videos is going to help .

Just like there is good in the world, there is also evil.

And we have to accept that,

I'm not saying not to love and help people when we can,

but well as an educational video game I had as a child once said,

~"Mister less and mister more,

work at the sugar cane store.

And when mister more starts giving,

it's a fact,

mister less will always subtract"~

I never meant to make it sound like you were advocating not loving and helping, sorry if it came out that way. :unsure:

I fully agree with you on the good-evil balance, even though I am a head in the clouds idealist I understand that good can never universaly win and neither can evil. I see both as integral parts of existance, one would not be viable without the other.

I just wanted to add that I am glad to see that reasonable and mature internet-based discussions can still exist without breaking down into chaos. This fandom makes me so proud! :wub:

Reality is what we make of it. Existence of suffering is no excuse to ignore it and allow it. To say "there will always be suffering" is but a cop out people use to allow themselves to not do anything about it, cop out to allow themselves to ignore the suffering and stay cold towards the suffering of others.

Only because there is a pile of feces on the floor doesn't mean you have to pull down your pants and add to the pile, same goes for misery and hardship. It is when the world is in most distress we need to work to help it. Covering only your own ass will leave it without support and backing when everyone fall around you.

Change may be inside of everyone, but sometimes it takes one to help others to realize their own ability to change. Sometimes it takes words to give shape to ones feelings and those words need to come from someone more elaborate as not every man is a philosopher, not every man looks the big picture and feel empowered unless they know there is at least someone else out there who feels like you do.

These videos may not change the world, but they serve some among us to find the needed dedication. They need to be out there, those videos because man forgets easily, and reminders like this are then necessary. If market and media bombards us constantly with advertisements and tells us how we do not own enough, how we are not good enough, how we need more things and look ugly without their lotions and machines to look stupid on, and they need to constantly remind us, then how can anyone expect a person to feel otherwise too without some reminders from videos like this that tell you that you are good, you can change, and world will change with you, one person at the time.

I for one see the necessity of these videos, because there are always people out there who haven't seen them, always new generations raised up on greed and selfishness in need of a reminder of their true nature. Even if you have seen enough of these videos, do not expect everyone to have seen them.

It needs to start from something. The change.

I do not sit on my ass all day long watching idealist videos, but I sure am glad they are out there and spread about.

Edited by Pencils
  • Brohoof 3

To all the people posting how worthless and pointless watching these videos are. I saw this clip when I was 6 in the origional Charlie Chaplain. I have come across it countless times sense in forums and watched it through ever single time. Watching it may do little more than give someone a tad bit of faith or cause him to do a good act one day, but thats a hell of alot more than nothing.
  • Brohoof 5

Existence of suffering is no excuse to ignore it and allow it.

Magnificent words Pencils, that video is very inspirational.