Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Giving back to the brony community

I used to make me memes on memebase which was kinda fun. You could do a blog about your headcanons and theories, you could do episode commentaries, you could start roleplays, you could even create pony related minecraft builds. Just remember this; there's no such thing as a useless brony.

i always recommend blogging as a way to be involved with the creative community even if you don't have the skills to make things yourself. Do you have a passion for mlp art, writing, or music? Could any of those be an avenue? I've made lots of blogs and spent a lot of time blogging about music myself way before i started making it.

I guess this holds no interest? So you're going to be drawing? No interest in doing a blog about different artists in the community?

I have been a brony for well not quite as long as others but recently I have been offline and when I am online I don't post art or music.

I don't make music or art D: …

I need help, I have no artistic ability and have no musical talents, I need a way to contribute to the fandom, it would make me feel better besides being a useless brony.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to not force yourself to do something for the fandom. I'll give you an example...

I am a bedroom DJ... Sort of. I do play live from time to time, but it's like once every four months. So I still consider myself as a bedroom DJ. I used to make music, but nowadays I don't have any kind of inspiration, so I stopped.

Recently, I asked myself that question: Watching all those talented ponies out there, what can I offer? I can't draw, I don't make music anymore, etc. My only real talent is teaching english, but everyone here speaks it huh.png.

So... I was actually making a DJ mix for my mixcloud account when I found one of those awesome pony-related tracks in Traktor, I decided to play it (even if it was a really different genre) and anihilated my mix derpy_emoticon1.png. But... I decided to make another mix, with some of my favorite pony music tracks. It. Was. AWESOME! But short derpy_emoticon2.png.

So I decided to create my first OC (DJ Ponyda), I searched for even more pony music tracks and made my first pony music DJ mix. I think that I will make one mix every month, because I want quality and it'll give my pony friends time to enjoy every mix.

In the end, I found something to do for the fandom, because I don't see a lot of brony DJs here and I'll enjoy making these mixes. But I didn't force myself to make something, it just came naturally. I know that not everypony will listen to them, but for the ones that do, I'll try to make the best mixes ever! img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

AND THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO! Don't please everybody, just make something you like and even if there are only 4 people enjoying it, keep doing it for them.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I really want to do something for the Brony community but I just don't know what. I suck at art, music, game making, animation, Fanfics, etc. I have tried to do a YouTube Poop but have not been arsed to do it, and YTPMV is really difficult. I can use Sony Vegas but I'm just not as skilled on it. The only thing I'm good with is gaming considering I sit on my ass all day and play them. I need ideas.

I really want to do something for the Brony community but I just don't know what. I suck at art, music, game making, animation, Fanfics, etc. I have tried to do a YouTube Poop but have not been arsed to do it, and YTPMV is really difficult. I can use Sony Vegas but I'm just not as skilled on it. The only thing I'm good with is gaming considering I sit on my ass all day and play them. I need ideas.

SHIT! I have an idea! You should TOTALLY practice! I know, I know, others don't have to practice because we were all born with talent, but life's not fair. So, get going.

• Brohoof 3

Gaming works, small or not.

I don't do much, but being a loyal and nice fan is all that is needed sometimes you know.

I guess being just a fan is enough to get involved. Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

The biggest contribution anyone can make is to be a fan and interact with other fans. Everyone's got their own way of doing things.

For example: I can't really do much of anything but I interact with the fans. Even if it's not about MLP just showing other bronies and the world what type of people are in the fandom boosts the overall character of the fanbase.

But remember, if there's something you feel you can do and the only obstacle is laziness then that's something to work on. If you wanna do something like make a PMV you gotta put a little effort into it. ;)

Never hurts to blog about people in the fanbase who have talent. Having a blog dedicated to the music or art of the fandom is a fun way to stay involved and help others who should be seen and heard.

Go find a character soundboard online and just go trolling around in a video game like Call of Duty or Minecraft or something, and post it on YouTube.

Ew! Call of Duty and Minecraft, gross.  :blink:

"Ew! Call of Duty and Minecraft, gross."?

Hey I'm just trying to give examples. COD isn't my thing either (never was able to get into it for some reason) but I put that as an example. Also, why the hate on Minecraft?

Edited by Shenron00

"Ew! Call of Duty and Minecraft, gross."?

Hey I'm just trying to give examples. COD isn't my thing either (never was able to get into it for some reason) but I put that as an example. Also, why the hate on Minecraft?

Maybe the hate on Minecraft because they just don't like it. ^^

As I would brohoof this, maybe he/she just simply doesn't like the graphics, or something else. Or just hates it.

Eh, I guess that's fair enough. We're all entitled to our beliefs. Sorry if I offended anybody. But still, if you're bored you can troll people in video games with an mlp soundboard and post it on YouTube. If you're not into that, than you can just watch the show. It's like voting: every view counts. Edited by Shenron00

As I would brohoof this, maybe he/she just simply doesn't like the graphics, or something else. Or just hates it.

It's nothing do do with graphics. It's just how overrated it is.

• Brohoof 1