Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you miss first becoming a brony?

SkyGust

I'm not sure why I would miss it, I haven't lost it.

But was it significant and memorable? Yep. It wasn't planned, just a sheer coincidence I started to watch MLP - I just walked into a random room on animecon and also because I met a person that is very important to me nowdays, thatnks to wandering to the MLP screening room.

Oh heck yes I do. Oh the nostalgia. I barely knew anything about the show, the fanbase seemed so... magical and mysterious, and it was all just so interesting and cool to me. I really wish I could relive that. :(

I'm a bit of a new brony (only been a week sofar), so I can't really answer the question properly yet. It was an intereting experience though deciding to watch the show just to see what it was like, then finding out that It's really really good! What was weired however was dicscovering shortly after that two of my housemates were bronies too :D

I kind of don't miss it. I loved when I started but I the hardest thing was coming out. Now I know how to deal with things that are MLP related I feel better about it, knowing about MLP is good. The start of becoming a brony is the hardest part, imo.

Oh, yes I do. It wasn't too long ago actually, about a halfyear from now. My friend who I know through the internet told me about it. Mmm, that was a great summer. My little sister got all excited about it, haha, finally we have something in common! 

Yeah, I do miss it a bit. Especially because the moment from watching my first episodes to coming here occurred in about a week, at most. It's a bit of a blur, to be honest. :P I finally really opened up about it when I came on here. It was the same night I also heard A Long Way from Equestria for the first time, and I knew I had to just plunge into the fandom head-first. Plus, the first night I was on here I got in a pretty deep conversation with a

few people about the brony community. That was nice...:) *sigh*

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

I got into the show near the end of season 2; downloading and watching two or three new episodes a night? Friggin awesome.

Of courser the initial thrill has worn off now, like everything does. And yeah, of course you miss it, and I'm not quite as all "OMG PONIEZ" anymore. But I still eagerly await each new episode, enjoy going through old ones, and love discussing the show and all its aspects with the fandom.

I'm at the end of season 1 I became a brony in August 2012, It was very weird for me back then i did not understand it as much, now im onto Episode 22 season 1 I understand it all and the show went from Amazing to become 20% cooler!

I remember how it was

*flashback*

I decided to watch the series to see what the fuss was about. I decided to do things right and start at the beginning of the series. As I was watching I started to have doubts (intro) then I was okay, then doubts, then okay again. The I finished the first two episodeds, the I said to myself "okay it's alright I guess. One more episode won't hurt".

*9 episodeds later*

"okay did I seriously just watch all of this?"

*flashes to today*

Ah good times :)

Whenever I watch the first two episodes I think back and see how far I have gone into the fandom.

I don't really miss finding the show for the first time. i mean, it was better when I still had a whole series to watch, but it's hard to explain.

Edited by ~Vallo~

I, personally, don't miss becoming I brony. What I DO miss, however, are the ones who got me into the show. They were pretty awesome people. If anyone read my bio, it said I became a brony on a Gmod server. I would "rent" a room, put up some pony videos, and just chat. Well, the server went down and I can't find 'em. Actually, I do miss my mental equilibrium before I read Cupcakes.

Edited by The Grape Popsicle Guy

I look back fondly on the day I finally jumped down the metaphorical rabbit hole and became a brony.  I wouldn't say I miss those times, because there was a great deal of fear in that first month.  I was terrified of what my friends and family would think of me.  Fortunately those fears were not needed in the end as my family and all of my real friends were perfectly fine with me being a brony. 

Even though I love the fandom and all, I remember the excitement of when I first became one. I couldn't stop watching the show, just saw a few episodes online, understood a few jokes, saw a few more fan videos, and it was all new. Now I'm familiar with all of it - the music, fan animations, the r34 (which was actually one of the first things i discovered ;-; it doesn't bother me now, but when it's one of the first things to discover in the fandom, I was pretty confused and creeped out.)

Either way, now I can name off of everything in the show easily and explain a lot about it. I figured the season 3 would bring some of that back, but it really didn't. I kind of knew what was coming. The episodes are amazing and I get WAY too hyped up about them, but I dunno, I guess it isn't a discovering or learning experience since I'm familiar with all the characters and know what kinds of jokes people are going to make about them before I find them.

I still have fun now and all, it's just my position in the fandom has switched from the show itself to the fandom more. I love both of them equally, but the issue is you can be in the fandom forever, the episodes only last 21 minutes each, and once they're done you are already familiar with them.

Kind of reminds me of growing up. You're only a kid for 18 years, then you're an adult for the rest of your life. Well over 18 more years, that's for sure.

Not sure if anything I'm saying is even making since. Sorry, just woke up so i'm kind of tired.

For the most part, not particularly. I hate being out of the loop on things. I hate walking into something I know nothing about. What most people find enjoyable in that they're a new fish in a big ocean, with, quite literally, an entire world full of new things to experience, I don't like because I just don't like being ignorant of all this stuff there is out there. I far more enjoy myself now in a lot of ways, seeing as I'm so in the know with the fandom that I only need to keep up with things, which is relatively simple. I don't have the rush to experience a ton of things anymore, and I no longer feel like a newb. I can relax, and even be lazy with content for a little bit if I choose to be.

SuperLazyPegasus.png

I do miss the feeling of having watched an episode and knowing I have tons more waiting for me, but that's not so much fandom associated as it is eagerness for more of something you enjoy, in general. I don't think it counts that much.

The initial "Dude, this show is actually pretty awesome!" moment, followed by watching all 25 episodes (I became a brony just before the end of Season 1) in a week was an amazing feeling, and I'd love to have it again.

I wonder if there's another show I could get into...

post-5694-0-59170700-1359518140_thumb.jpg

I SO TOTALLY KNOW THAT FEEL BRO.

Man, I was waiting for this question to be asked!

Yes, I miss it. I always say to myself that any brony's #1 regret is not getting into the show and fanbase sooner. Except, of course, the ones who had been there since episode 1.

I also say that the biggest fans of anything can be found within the first week of discovery. That is, when you first discover something that you really, truly like, and go on to become a huge fan of, you spend the first few days/weeks after discovering it researching and studying everything you possibly can on it.

Learn ALL the characters!

Watch ALL the episodes!

Sing ALL the songs!

The feeling is also intensified by the fact that you haven't seen all of the episodes yet, nor have you tread a drop of this big, wide ocean known as the fandom. The excitement, the freshness, the standing apart from society's expectations! It's exhilarating, and it consumes our thoughts and our interests. "Oh My God, I'm watching My Little Pony?! When did I ever see myself doing this?!"

*deep breath*

Well, anyways, yes, I do miss first becoming a brony. It was new and exciting, and it gave me something to look forward to. I felt like I was right there, with those colorful, comical pony girls, laughing every step of the way on each new adventure.  <---- Lol manly statement right there. The trust and security I've gained from watching it will now help me in my ultimate adventure: life.

Edited by Jack Durango
  • Brohoof 1

I miss those days too.

At first I kept on watching the intro, and then I watched Applebuck Season every night, and my first discovery of Fimfiction.

People at home and my office noticed I was happier after watching FiM.

Edited by Ulrik Raben

Actually I kinda do, really. I mean, it was so much simpler. I'm laughing at it right now because even then I didn't know what the names of the characters were. I remember a few months before my friend, who was a new brony, telling me all about Fluttershy and Zecora and me just asking "Which one was Fluttershy, again?" Haha, good times...

I think the best thing about it though is how great it feels to become a brony. Like when you realize you love the show and you're a part of the brony community. It's a great feel, bro...  :P

Less great feel when I discovered cupcakes...

Edited by 20%CoolerMuffins

Maybe, but that might just be due to some of the really weird stuff that the fandom helped create once the thing exploded in popularity. It's all fun and games till' you realize, some of these people are really taking their love a little too far.

It was a whole lot less hectic back than, but I guess I like this much better.

• 8 years later...

No, I don't. Back then I hid it from everyone and I didn't find out about the forums until months later. It took me even longer to register because of my insecurities. I didn't even know all of the ponies' names when I began watching MLP. That was three and a half years ago. Things have changed since then, and I'm glad that they did!

I actually watched the first three seasons when they came out. But I was like 10 years old at the time and didn't know about the large community surrounding the show. I just wish I had been older when the show came out so I could have experienced the good, bad and ugly parts of this fandom at it's peak.

When I started re-watching the show last year it was apartment that, although not dead by any means, there are a lot less bronies nowadays.

• Brohoof 1