NavelColt

35 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

i looved that episode, just bucking hilarious. and managed to tell a good story as well :) oh angelbunny, u never stop being cute, loved his expression in the beginning XD oh and we finally get to see tank again.

I really liked the episode. It was really funny. I loved how Spike learned that he was being greedy, and his greed got him into this mess. And I was happy to see the CMC again.

And Angel is a demon!

• Brohoof 1

Not only the Crystal Empire, but Derpy! Good to see her reappear.

Wait, wait, wait, where the buck was Derpy?!?!  You sure it wasn't Cloud Kicker, because they look very similar and are easy to mistake!!!  I hope to Celestia that you're right, because if this is legit, then I might just die!!!  :wub:

Wait, wait, wait, where the buck was Derpy?!?!  You sure it wasn't Cloud Kicker, because they look very similar and are easy to mistake!!!  I hope to Celestia that you're right, because if this is legit, then I might just die!!!  :wub:

Nope, pretty sure it was Derpy. Quite a few people on the livestream chat I was in saw her too. n.n

Nope, pretty sure it was Derpy. Quite a few people on the livestream chat I was in saw her too. n.n

Was she getting off the train, or was she somewhere else in the Crystal Empire?  Gosh dang, I've got to see this, I'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!  AS CELESTIA IS MY WITNESS, IF DERPY RE-APPEARED, I MUST FIND HER!!!!!!!!!  :angry:

This is probably the best episode of the season so far. I really liked this one. It had some clever parts to it, and it had all the pets. My second favorite episode of this season, right behind Too Many Pinkie Pies.

• Brohoof 2

I liked this episode. It was nice to see both the CMC and Zecora appear. I was hoping Shining Armor and Cadence would be in it, that would have put it over the top. Spike has definitely gotten his due this season.

Edited by PonyHag1

And Spike gets a pretty darn decent episode. Yes, this is better than Spike at Your Service, by several times.

-Dashie and Tank adorableness, initiator, Tank. And then Dashie. This alone pretty much made the episode for me.

-CMC skydivers off a bridge is incredibly cute. They think that high off the ground counts as skydiving x3

-Spike's greed attribute as a dragon showing up yet again. Always nice.

-Tank is most hilarious/best pet

-Ohlook Crystal Empire :3

-Angel being a dick again. Makes the Angel-abuse from last episode all the more satisfactory. Up till the end when he wasn't a dick :3

I was kinda hoping Dash and Scoots would hug or have some sort of interaction at the end there when the Mane Six arrived back at the station. Sweetie hugged Rarity, you saw Scoots and AB run by, and I assumed you'd get to see the trio sisters interacting somehow. This was written by Corey Powell, just as Sleepless in Ponyville was, so I was kinda disappointed. But that's a Scootalove nitpick, seeing as how I really, really want at least one follow up on their relationship, even if it's small.

Other than that, fantastic. Truly a great episode :3 Definitely a fine follow up to Discord's awesomeness from our prior week, and makes me optimistic for our final two installments. Overall, the beginning seven minutes had tons of dawww, and the rest was either funny or amusing/interesting to watch at the very least. Very nice. 8.7/10

• Brohoof 10

T'was a good episode. Can't wait to see if they show it from a different perspective in Games Ponies Play two weeks from now, assuming they even show the Mane 6 getting on the train to go back to Ponyville. But, why weren't the Mane 6 crystalized like they were in the Season 3 opener?

Also, anyone else catch Screwball in the background? I guess Discord had a bit of fun since last week..

Edited by Twinhead B

A very cute episode, my initial reaction is that I enjoyed Just For Sidekicks.  I'm about to eat breakfast and I only have time for a few questions:

Where is Pee Wee the baby phoenix?  I wasn't really expecting to see him. EDIT:  I missed the photos of Spike returning Pee Wee to the forest at the start of the episode yesterday but caught them in the encore just now. 

How far is the Crystal Empire from Ponyville?  I thought it took more than a day to reach by train. 

Was Big Mac freaking out when he checked the treehouse for the CMCs and they vanished without a trace?

Edited by ~Chaotic Wingnut~

Way better then what I thought it was going to be, the interactions between Spike and the pets were great and at times funny, and I loved how it basically leads into the next episode.  I really liked Zecora's little part.

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

What do you know Angel has a conscience, sometimes I wonder if he a mafia crime lord. Kind of sucks for spike that his own greed made him spend nearly every jewel he earned.

So Spike saved the empire, and he didn't get invited to it? Anyways, it was a good episode overall, and this may or not be a spoiler, but the next the episode is going to be in the empire, so Im guessing it shows what is going on durning this episode.

• Brohoof 3

Adorable Sweetie Belle! Sky diving! Pets, up to no good! Continuity nods! OHMYGOSH, TANK! Angel being hilarious, and actually caring for Fluttershy. This is one of the greatest episodes of Season 3 IMHO. I simply adored it! Only Sleepless in Ponyville and the opening two-parter top this. Wait, Corey Powell, again!  :lol:  Two of my favourite episodes were written by a new writer! Amazing! 

• Brohoof 3

Now this was how you do a Spike episode. So many good parts, I hardly know where to start!

It was really great seeing all the pets again, considering that only Owlowiscious and Angel have really gotten any screen time between the pets for a while. Apparently I missed it, but some people were pointing out that one of the pictures (which were sweet by the way) showed what happened to Peewee and that he was returned to his parents. While I would have liked Spike to still be looking after the little phoenix, it adds a nice bit of closure on the events of Dragon Quest. 

Apart from the animals, the background character cameos were rather well done, though I might be a tiny bit biased in saying any episode with Zecora is instantly awesome. Who knew that Granny Smith was such a blackmailer though? On that note however, I thought jewels and gems in Equestria were pretty much worth jack, considering that not only does Spike eat them on a regular basis, but Rarity constantly finds huge stockpiles of them before adding them to previously common clothing. But apparently even small gems can be used to buy bits worth of items...Rarity's dresses might as well be having hundred dollar bills sown into them now!

On an entirely meta point however, the Mane 6 mention that they are going to the Crystal Empire for some form of games, which *Spoiler* is the EXACT synopsis for the next episode. Meaning that this episode and the next could very well be running directly parallel to one another chronologically, which I believe is a radical first for MLP.

All in all, I liked this episode. Not only is this a vast improvement in Spike's character from "Spike at your Service", but there wasn't really a moment were I wasn't enjoying myself, which is something I can't say for a few previous episodes.   

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 3

I think this episode was really, REALLY good. Never have I seen so many different characters each have a great part, unique to themselves, all in one episode. Each of the Mane 6 were completely and humorously in character when talking to Spike about pet-sitting, and the pets themselves brimmed with personality as well - Gummy's silent troll antics, Tank's lovable weaknesses, Owlowiscious not approving. The CMC's part was also awesome, and they managed to slip in a piece of cutie mark hunting without ruining the episode - it even made for a great gag (everyone on the livestream chat went FILLYNAPPING!)

This episode really did shine with MLP essence, and considering it wasn't centered on a Mane 6, I give it many props. One thing that did disappoint me, slightly, was that they totally missed their chance to allow Scootalove continuity. Even if I was never a fan of it, it would have been great to see the fanbase absolutely erupt with joy. Squeaky Belle, I know everyone loved that, and I certainly did. It was absolutely wonderful. I don't know why I never noticed Sweetie Belle in general after watching that - it made me look back and notice just how cute of a character she is. (Still has nothing on Pinkie ;)  )

Derpy's reapparance was pretty good to see, though I wasn't too happy about it (not as in being unhappy, but not AS happy as some people were celebrating in the livestream). She makes for great cameos, but I really wouldn't have minded if she disappeared completely - she wasn't THAT special. I'm still glad to have had her pop up at the end.

But what about Spike's performance? I think this was an absolutely fantastic episode for him. His status as an assistant has really fine-tuned his humbleness (or is the word humility?) and the opportunity to re-apply it to six entirely different unique pets was snapped up and definitely made the most of. He learned that through enough dedication and faith in a troublesome responsibility, you will eventually be reimbursed for your efforts. I loved every moment of it - it might just be in my top three favourite Season 3 episodes, and more likely my top ten all-time favourite episodes.

I would give a score out of 100, but I don't feel that episodes can be expressed numerically. The only time I really do numerical ratings is when it's choosing it out of a small range of options, like Mane 6 characters or pets. I like this episode for both its capers and its message, while I also like other episodes equally for season introduction/conclusion rating. If you understand what I mean. Nonetheless, I'm really happy that this episode turned out to be wonderful. It definitely exceeded my expectations - and my expectations weren't even low.

Good on you, Spike.

Hey, wait a minute - Corey Powell wrote this episode? Wow, awesome! So everyone liked her first episode, Sleepless in Ponyville, and then her second episode delivers just as well. We have a genius on our hands!

Edited by ~Chaotic Laughter~
  • Brohoof 6

I loved that episode. 

I thought it was better than last weeks. (Still can't get over that ending).

For starters, Tank is best pet, Rainbow Dash is best pony tied with Pinkie. Rainbow and Tank's adorableness combined?

My heart exploded. It went KABOOOM!

The episode was overall pretty funny. 

Also:

1. Spike tied up

2. Zecora wants Spike's "booty"

That was my first time ever watching it on a stream.  usually being at work during saturday and watching it one my onsies when I get back.  Must say I ended up just covering the discussion half way though and watching without seeing what others had to say.

I think that may have detracted a lot of my enjoyment of the episode,   upon recollection actually quite liked it. Certainly not the best of the season, but there have been worse. I imagine later when I own the DVD's it'll be a nice filler episode to kill some time with.

This one was pretty good, I guess.  

I definitely liked Spike more than in his last episode, mainly cuz' it was the cliche "eternal servant" plotline.   

Spike had a lot of really good GIF worthy faces in this one, and we finally get to see more Tank!   

Though, that last picture frame at the opening I'm guessing explains where Pipsqueak, or whatever his name was, the phoenix went off to.    

Was it just me, or did Sweetiebell's voice seem a little off? Kind of like the voice actor is getting a little older and trying really hard to keep the voice cute. I dunno, that's just IMO.  

Not very deep on the plot with this one, but it was made up for with the pet cuteness and Spike's wheelin' n dealin' little self.   

Plus, Crystal Empire continuity!  

All this in mind? I give it...   

~~~7/10~~~

• Brohoof 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE SEASON TWO, I MISSED AN EPISODE!

MY PONY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF!

I'd throw my alarm clock out the window, but it's also my phone.

Now I have t wait for someone to put it on youtube.

• Brohoof 2

Hey it's Pony Joe! Didn't expect to see him on the train. I had never seen him like that. That may be the best part ever lel.

BTW, where is Derpy?

I think this episode was really, REALLY good. Never have I seen so many different characters each have a great part, unique to themselves, all in one episode. Each of the Mane 6 were completely and humorously in character when talking to Spike about pet-sitting, and the pets themselves brimmed with personality as well - Gummy's silent troll antics, Tank's lovable weaknesses, Owlowiscious not approving. The CMC's part was also awesome, and they managed to slip in a piece of cutie mark hunting without ruining the episode - it even made for a great gag (everyone on the livestream chat went FILLYNAPPING!)

This episode really did shine with MLP essence, and considering it wasn't centered on a Mane 6, I give it many props. One thing that did disappoint me, slightly, was that they totally missed their chance to allow Scootalove continuity. Even if I was never a fan of it, it would have been great to see the fanbase absolutely erupt with joy. Squeaky Belle, I know everyone loved that, and I certainly did. It was absolutely wonderful. I don't know why I never noticed Sweetie Belle in general after watching that - it made me look back and notice just how cute of a character she is. (Still has nothing on Pinkie ;)  )

Derpy's reapparance was pretty good to see, though I wasn't too happy about it (not as in being unhappy, but not AS happy as some people were celebrating in the livestream). She makes for great cameos, but I really wouldn't have minded if she disappeared completely - she wasn't THAT special. I'm still glad to have had her pop up at the end.

But what about Spike's performance? I think this was an absolutely fantastic episode for him. His status as an assistant has really fine-tuned his humbleness (or is the word humility?) and the opportunity to re-apply it to six entirely different unique pets was snapped up and definitely made the most of. He learned that through enough dedication and faith in a troublesome responsibility, you will eventually be reimbursed for your efforts. I loved every moment of it - it might just be in my top three favourite Season 3 episodes, and more likely my top ten all-time favourite episodes.

I would give a score out of 100, but I don't feel that episodes can be expressed numerically. The only time I really do numerical ratings is when it's choosing it out of a small range of options, like Mane 6 characters or pets. I like this episode for both its capers and its message, while I also like other episodes equally for season introduction/conclusion rating. If you understand what I mean. Nonetheless, I'm really happy that this episode turned out to be wonderful. It definitely exceeded my expectations - and my expectations weren't even low.

Good on you, Spike.

Hey, wait a minute - Corey Powell wrote this episode? Wow, awesome! So everyone liked her first episode, Sleepless in Ponyville, and then her second episode delivers just as well. We have a genius on our hands!

Just to know what part was derpy in

When I first heard about what the episode was going to be about, I thought it was going to be like "Baby Cakes."

Spike would be shown taking care of that Phoenix well and just saying that he can handle any pet. He would take the job and would show he's not able to handle it.

It was kinda like Baby Cakes, but there were some differences to that episode and this one. While Pinkie Pie did it to prove she was responsible and wanted to watch the Twins because she thought if she could play with them she could take care of them. While Spike just wanted gems and to finish his cake. He did not care about the pets, while Pinkie Pie cared about the Pound and Pumpkin. 

Overall, this was a pretty cute episode and it was good to have an episode that looked at the pets. Gummy was just so funny and random in this episode. Just like his owner. I also like Tank now. It was funny that he kept ramming into things. 

This was a much better episode then, Spike at your serves. It did a better job at looking at what we know about dragons and that's their love for gems. This was much better than that stupid dragon code. 

Edited by pinkiefan1287