Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mightymags

Oh boy, I love Valentine's Day!

I turn off the lights, sit on my couch, alone, and gorge myself on strawberry ice cream, whileist listening to Linkin Park, and crying deeply. After about 4-6 hours, I pass out in a puddle of my own tears, and former sense of self-respect.

I wake up the next day in a ditch somewhere in the magical land of Detroit. I smell like trash, my wallet's empty, I'm missing a kidney, there's blood everywhere, there's bullet wounds in both of my legs, and I'm pretty sure that my left arm is broken. To make matters worse, there's a bunch of hulking, intimidating individuals looking at me with nothing but scorn and contempt as they're digging a really deep hole about 2 feet from me.

Absolutely brilliant.

Anyway, I'm not doing anything for Valentine's day so far. :(

I honestly haven't done anything all that romantic, because I've never had anyone to do it for. My dream girl is probably someone who's nice, at least somewhat interested in what I'm interested in, maybe a pegasister, serious about a relationship (After a few dates, of course.), not scared to speak her mind and be honest, tell me if I'm doing something wrong, and of course has a sense of humor.

Valentine's Day is a corporate mess, but I'll humour you.

1. Sitting at home in my fat pants and eating Rold Gold pretzels while my dogs lick the salty tears from my face as I watch cheesy John Wayne Westerns and quote all the lines.

Or school. Probably school.

2. Never really done anything, to be honest, unless writing purposefully bad love poetry counts. (Never shared it with my ex, I have a trove of it.)

Want to do? Have him/her recite a poorly written love poem to me in Klingon. That would be amazing. XD

(I love anything to do with bad love poems.)

In all seriousness, my idea of romance is playing video games together, or just spending time with one another in short :)

3. Anything. I love swing sets, though, so maybe a park? I'm easy to please so long as we get to hang out. :P

4. I'm pansexual, but in both guys and 

girls I look for:

-good sense of humour (I love dark humour)

-smart

-likes a variety of music, not just one genre

-a little cynical

-"geeky"-doesn't mind my disturbing Firefly/Todd Allison and the Petunia Violet crossover fanfictions, for example

-likes video games (I do not compromise on this, kids)

-likes horror and Western films (cheesy ones, mind)

-romanticist

-tolerant of my atheism

-not my exact clone; can introduce me to new things as well as share interests

-most importantly: brutally honest and loyal. If you can't tell me if I'm doing something wrong or won't speak your mind, then I don't see us working. I will happily be the exact same. Basically be serious about the relationship.

Looks aren't a selling point.

I guess even after posting this I'm still not sure what I'M doing for Valentine's day. I'm a huge romantic but I've had a love/hate relationship with Valentine's day. The best Valentine's day I had I actually spent with my mom. The worst was when I sat in a hotel room in Hawaii watching my little sister while my parents went out. 

This year will be the second time I've ever had a boyfriend on Valentine's day, but we haven't been together very long. He's the least romantic guy ever so I'm not really expecting anything from him. :/ I'll probably end up watching tv all night, eating ice cream, and cuddling with my cat. 

Oh god valentine's day...

That holiday is the bane to my existence. I am not going to say much about it other than I really hate that stupid holiday. It will just be an ordinary day for me nothing special about. It is funny how this day is only aimed to people who are in relationships. Even if I were to be in a relationship for that day it would not matter to me. Some people are in relationships and some are not. 

Meh I just really hate that day I just detest it. 

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

1. Other than working and probably being on the forums and playing video games probably not much.

2. I suppose the most romantic thing I would like to do is to one day get married, it is not like I am going to do it tomorrow or nothing but it is something I have on my to do list but first I have to find the right girl.

3. My dream date would be some hot steamy rule 34, joking aside though that would be seriously awesome it dosen't really take much to make me happy so something as simple as dinner and a movie or just going for a walk for me would be my dream date if I really liked her and we clicked.

4. My dream girl would be very compassionate, understanding have a strong sense of justice and a solid sense of humor.

- What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

Oh, I don't even know. I may or may not go out to dinner with my boyfriend that night.

- What's the most romantic thing you've ever done? (Or want to do)

Um... good question. I took my boyfriend out to The Melting Pot for his birthday. It's very intimate there, so it was nice.

- What is your dream date?

Anything that goes over well. Like, if there aren't obnoxious people sitting near us.

- What is your significant other like? OR What is your dream girl/guy like?

He got me into MLP, plays video games, and is super sweet. He basically does everything for me, even though I don't like him to sometimes.

Mine is nothing. I hate the idea that this is a holiday and that people who have significant other are expected most of the time buy them items that are being shoved down our throats. "Buy me this ring" Its pathetic I understand appreciating the person you love, but seriously I'll do it on the day I feel is right not when I'm told this is the day for you to show your love. 

- I don't really have any plans, since I've not gone out with anyone yet.

- Considering I've never gone out with anyone, i guess nothing. I can't really think of anything either without the experience to be honest.

- Hm.. Idk I'd like to get a date first :P.

- Well I don't have a girl like I said, however I have someone I like, shes a red head, thats all I'm gonna say though, and its kinda complicated so I probably won't be asking her out.

Still I'm sure one day I'll be getting a date, whenever that time comes.

- Probably just play xbox while on the phone with my GF(she is in Canada right now)

- I want to have a picnic on the beach and watch the sunset.

- Just to stay home and cuddle with the one i love.

- My significant other is cute and funny and always knows how to lighten everyones mood. Shes shy at first but when she warms up to you she an be her regular self like she is around me.

- What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

It's just another day of classes.

Me be romantic? I don't think I'm very good at that...

It should involve being at home, because I don't get to be home enough these days.

Okay, that's ridiculous! Sorry, right now I just really want to spend more time at home. It's all I can think about...

The girl I like plays alto saxophone in band with me. She's so... like... OMG...

Nevermind. You mean, dream girl, not one I actually have a crush on? Well, she'd first of all play a woodwind instrument and share the enthusiasm I have for them, at least to some extent. She'd also be non-religious.

I need to go to bed... I'm sure I could come up with more traits than that, but I'm tired out of my mind. D:

Have anyone's plans changed now that it's actually February? Or does anyone have any new ideas for what they want to do? 

I'm just hoping I won't get stuck working...

In the spirit of (almost) Valentine's Day here is a post dedicated to all things romance (or lack of it)! :3 I guess I'll ask some questions for people to answer to get the discussion going...

<3 <3 <3

1. Nothing. Valentines Day is stupid.

2. Not big into romance.

3. I want my relationships to be "Hey, you're a cool person of the opposite gender, wanna hang out?" as opposed to "Hey, you're not ugly, let's lick eachother's faces"

4. She's pretty, smart, funny, an amazing artist, a cosplayer, loves anime and manga, and is a big Doctor Who fan. Also, unlike most girls at my school, she's not a slut. Perfect girl.

My plans involve doing ~16 hours of homework. Wow, it's going to be so much fun.

Zilch/nada/nothing.

Anything that doesn't involve homework.

I'll probably end up doing this on Valentine's Day:

1)Wake up and get ready for the day

2)Cry deeply as I am forever alone

3)Fap

4)Play video games

5)Cry again

6)Fap

7)Browse forums

8)Cry once more

9)Fap furiously for the rest of the day

So,a typical Valentine's Day for me.

Edited by CaptainBlue808
  • Brohoof 3

Well, despite the fact that this year I have a girlfriend, I despise Valentines Day. I will dread that dance that I will probably be forced to go to.

By my parents, because she hates VD too.(That's why I like her... And, you know other stuff like personality, niceness, boobs, attractiveness, tolerance, you know.)

But yeah, I dread Valentines Day, and I will hate all those filthy couples walking around. And the both of us will hate them together. Love is in the air, indeed.

Edited by The Dovahkiin

Why does everyone think Valentine's day has to be the stereotypical "doing something romantic with a boyfriend/girlfriend"? I spent Valentine's day with my mom once and it was awesome. Last year I watched Harry Potter instead of going to the dance and that was awesome. This year I have no idea what I'm doing but it probably won't involve chocolate, roses, or lots of red hearts. 

• Brohoof 1

-Hm. I honestly don't know if I'm doing anything special for Valentine's Day. I think my boyfriend and I may be celebrating it a few days early. Last year due to scheduling conflicts we ended up celebrating it like 2 weeks later. 

-Most romantic? Well, last year when we celebrated Valentine's Day he spread rose petals around in the floor of a room and made me sit in the middle then him across from me. Then he gave me a piece of jewelry and kissed me. If it had been at night it would have been more romantic, but hey! He ended up saving the rose petals (he kept them in a brown bag until I suggested a glass bottle). He is actually giving them to me this year for Valentine's Day (he slipped and told me).

-My dream date? I'd love to go out to eat, sit on the beach and watch the waves then take a trolly home. Hehe. I'm probably going to make him do this when we go to Bethany, DE this summer. 

- What is he like? Dude. You really want a novel from me. don't you? Well, he is very sweet and gentle. He can be too sensitive though and ends up beating himself up if he does something without thinking and it doesn't end well. He is very goofy and outgoing. He's the planner out of us too, I'm usually just along for the ride. He tolerates how immature I can be, and comforts me when I need him the most. More than once I've cried while he's held me close. 

Ack. I'll stop there. Haha.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing, Just going to class to take a test. After I'm just sitting at my apt. Playing games, watching tv, or other Singles Bachelor stuff we do.

Probably go offroading somewhere in the desert, and watch the stars.

I guess the dream date would be like going out in the country site. Experiencing what nature has to offer.

Someone who likes outdoors activities, hunting, shooting, fishing, hiking. If I can find a girl like that, I'd be in heaven :wub:

• Brohoof 1

- What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

There's this really shy girl I tutored a while ago. I started getting to know her recently and I was blown away at how awesome she is! I'm planning to do something special for her then, but I'm not sure what exactly. I figured that because I'm somewhat interested in her and for the fact I have this gut feeling that she's interested in me, but is too nervous (and shy) to go along with it.

I'd love to play an extremely romantic solo piano piece and dedicate it to my love.

To just do stuff together away from everyone else and without having to worry about my parents not liking my girlfriend.

Right now, she's really shy, especially towards guys. I have a gut feeling that her parents could have something to do with that because her sister's much more jumpy. A divorce or a death? I can only guess... She's majoring in environmental studies and she's the middle sibling of 3 (just like me lol).

• Brohoof 1

last minute added plan!  i cant find take 5 bars anywheres anymores, so ima make him some /homemade/ ones!

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!!! ~squeee-awwwhhh!~~

i should probably...definitely make a test batch beforehand.... to get my fill so i dont eat them all before i get to his house xD

Being single at the moment...

What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

Absolutely nothing, from what I can tell. Again, I'm single at the moment. So it will probably consist of homework, hanging out with other single friends, and an unhealthy amount of fapping.

When I finally get my pilot's license, I want to rent a plane and take my date for a flight along the corridor of downtown Chicago at night. The lights from the air are absolutely incredible.

A nice dinner, and the flight mentioned above.

My dream girl would share the same love of MLP, aviation, and travel that I have. Unfortunately, I have yet to find that special somepony. *sigh*

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1