185 users have voted

1. 1. How often do you shower/bathe?

• More than twice a day
    • Twice a day
    • Once a day
    • Once every two days
    • Once every few days
    • Once a week

Once every day or every two, depends on what I'm doing at that particular time or how I'm feeling. Beats my old schedule, which used to be every other week. Bad choice with that one, it really caused some nasty stuff in my body later on.

Once a day, usually at night. Though around lunchtime between classes I'll go back to the dorm and give myself another quick wash-up in the sink to freshen up a bit more and get rid of that mid-day tired feeling.

Interesting fact: There's a guy on the other wing of my dorm who goes weeks without showering. His roommate moved out because of it. Every time people see him they think he uses hair gel...it's not hair gel.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

Once every other day except in the summer when it needs to be daily.  But when I was in high school, I needed to shower every day.  If you skipped a day, they noticed and teased me about it.  :(

I shower once a day. Sometimes I laze, and wait until the next morning, but then I take another shower at night to get back into my showering schedule. I wash my hair once a day, too. They say you're not supposed to wash your hair every day, but eff that. My hair is scuzzy and gross after about 20 hours. I can't go without washing my hair. I'd just feel dirty and gross.

Well that's quite the question to ask

But to answer I'd had to say

That I just shower whenever I get around to it

Which is usually just once per day

But I sometimes don't remember to get one

The longest I've gone without a shower was 2 or 3 days I think

Hygiene isn't a priority anymore for me as I don't leave the house. Rare that I shower once a week, usually once every two weeks or until I start getting itchy when I try to sleep. 

• Brohoof 1

It depends really. If I sleep in I must shower afterwards or else I feel dirty, if I wake up early it's fine though. However if I don't shower that night I am breaking my cycle which causes me to shower that night too. I always feel like I have to be clean or else I can't do anything and I can't function. Nobody seems to understand in my household so they always get really angry at me.

I shower once every few days, but that's because my hair doesn't get nasty the way most people's does, and because I despise my shower.  There's this two millimeter line on the dial where the temperature is bearable - too far to the right, the water feels like it was filtered in from the supercooled ice crystals of high-altitude cirrostratus clouds, too far to the left, and the water feels like a portal to the heart of a thousand suns opened in my water heating system.

So yeah, showering isn't just annoying for me, it's downright unpleasant.  As such, I don't do it more than I need to.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer baths to showers. I generally take one once a day, twice if I'm really stressed/had practice/it's freezing outside, but occasionally i skip days because my hair doesn't get really greasy and I don't usually smell bad...(I hope)

1 shower a day, in the morning, for school- and society-related purposes. It helps me wake up, gives me good ideas for both homework and non-homework things, makes me sound like I'm a professional singer, and just feels good in general.

But I never wash behind my ears...

I'll take a second if a situation should arise where I need to take more than 1 shower a day, such as getting extremely soaked by rain, being very dirty/muddy, or when I need to get all those pestering, itchy hairs that stay behind after a haircut out of my scalp.

Go away, itchy hairs! I don't want you on my pillow!

(Itchy hairs are laughing evilly as they build up in their master plan to clog the drain.)

• Brohoof 3

Why once a day of course, used to be less for reasons I'd rather not get into(not hygiene related reasons I assure you). They're usually kind of long haha, I like to shampoo and condition my hair. ^_^

I take a shower every other day. I should take one more often, but I live in a very full house.. and every time I want to take a shower someone in doing something in there or wants me to hurry up and get out.

I try to take a long shower every day but this one time I skipped a shower and my mother said the next morning "What did you do to your hair? It hasn't looked this good in a long time! Whatever you did last night do again!" Of COURSE i didn't skip a shower again but I have just been more relaxed on not taking showers at 3 cause I know my hair will look better the next day. 
 But to answer the question about everyday. For about 20 minutes.

This is generally how things go for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCfphwd0tdw

Anyway, joking aside. Usually every other day. Since I don't do anything to feel dirty to justify a shower every day. Plus it saves water, soap and shampoo. I don't go past 2 days unless I get lazy or get distracted with something on the 2nd day. If that happens, I take it the next morning.

At least once every other day, more depending on how often I'm going to be around people.  I've never been someone with much body odor to begin with, so when I haven't bathed in over 24 hours I can get by with just deodorant.

Besides, I can always justify it by saying I'm conserving water.

• Brohoof 1

Once a day. If I go any longer than a day, I begin to feel grungy. Since I also have a beard, hygiene is a little more important than it may otherwise be if I were clean shaven.

I used to hate showering as a kid. Now I would find it problematic not to shower.

• Brohoof 1

I take showers twice a day. I've heard it's not the healthiest thing to do and I plan to reduce that amount. I really like showers though, it's so warm and it's a really nice place to think in peace.

Once a day. I always take one before school in the morning or before an episode of MLP. If there isn't school or MLP for me, then I tend to put it off the late morning/early afternoon. I never skip showering unless I don't have access (e.g. camping).

I sometimes take another shower if I get really sweaty or dirty, but that's very rare for me.