Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy Fan Club

Tomiix

• 5 months later...

Fluttershy is best dovahkiin.

She also makes a wonderful tree (at least when Pinkie and Twilight let her...)

(sorry, I know that these videos are old, but I didn't see them in this topic yet. If they were already here and I missed them, again, I'm sorry.... Please don't hurt me....)

• Brohoof 6

Fluttershy is the best :D Shes adorable and I can relate to her very well. Plus she isn't just cute and nice all the time and shows that even shy people can get very scary when angered. :P.

Fluttershy is best pony :D

Ps. this thread has already broken my D,awww meter, but I might as well post more :P.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

I love Fluttershy!

I love how she always remains cute and elegantly tries to avoid awkward and long conversations with other ponies.

Best pony in my book :wub:

She also holds the record for the best reaction to anything ever when she stepped away from Pinkie's 'Flutterspy' suit in the first 2 episodes of season 3. It was so adorable :D

• 3 months later...

As you can tell by my sig and avatar my favorite pony is: TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!!!!

no lol jk (Twilight sparkle is either 2nd or 3rd favorite of mane 6)

FLUTTERSHY IS BEST PONY!!!!! She is so adorable :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm totally joining this club.

I mean, um if that's ok...sorry...I'll go home now

Winner by submission/knockout and new heavyweight champion! FLUTTERSHY!

And then Rainbow dash tried to cash in the Money in the bank briefcase but Angel stole it!

brohoof if you like WWE!

Edited by TwiliciousAlkoi
  • Brohoof 2

I've written several large Fluttershy posts recently, so I'll keep this short and sweet. Stop laughing, I REALLY mean it this time! :P  Here are some of the reasons she's my favorite.

-She shows kindness and a gentle disposition towards ponies and animals alike.

-At first glance, she appears to be a bland, shy girl who cares for animals and little else. But as I got to know her better, I saw the great depth and complexity she really has.

-Fluttershy is really a heroic pony who is trapped inside a cocoon of fear due to an unfortunate array of phobias. Don't you want to cheer wildly for her every time she is able to break out of it?

-She can't help that she was born to be super cute. But it certainly doesn't hurt either!

-Fluttershy grew up to be one of the kindest ponies anywhere despite having every reason to become a miserable full-time Flutterbitch. Her choice of kindness over resentment is, in my opinion, the greatest personal triumph of her life. The excellent analysis quoted in the OP elaborates on this better than anything else I have seen to date. Great job, Kyronea! :)

There! All my friends who bet that I couldn't do this in under 1,000 characters just lost some money. ;)

• Brohoof 3

She is my fav of the

mane six from her kindness but

how she reacts to things from being

soft spoke to soooo over

the top its just fine to watch her

in the show!   Also dealing and helping

animals like i do with stray dogs is

a bonus of understanding on our

furry friends.  Trying to make

a wallpaper of her.....

I know most of you have already read this.  But newcomers to the forums haven't seen it yet.  Anybody who may be wondering why I'm composing big reviews for every pony except Fluttershy, it's because I already posted a Five Reasons I Love Fluttershy article in January.  I'll repost it here for your convenience.  :)

1. Fluttershy is the Element of Kindness. This is obvious, but we have to start here. Although she's painfully shy, her demeanor is very endearing to those who take the time to know her. Patience often goes hand in hand with kindness, and Fluttershy is also one of the most patient ponies you'll ever meet. Some of Fluttershy's detractors may complain that she is too placating, a person who acts super nice and polite because they are afraid of criticism, ridicule, and rejection from others. And, to be sure, Fluttershy does fear all those things. They are why she went inside a protective shell in the first place. But if I carefully weigh Fluttershy's words and deeds throughout the series, I see that it's a kind heart beating inside her chest, not a cowardly one.

2. Fluttershy has a great love of and devotion to animals. Her kindness and patience carry her a long way here, enabling her to manage many types of creatures, each with unique needs. Unlike ponies or other sapient beings, animals don't judge, laugh at, or insult anybody. That's why Fluttershy is truly happy, outgoing, and free when she is with them.

3. When the rubber meets the road, Fluttershy is as brave as anypony else. This is the first of her two great ironies. I believe she has a brave soul, but a neurotic complex prevents it from shining through. Due to her anxieties and phobias, she can be impeded and, on occasion, paralyzed by fear of looming threats. But sometimes it falls on Fluttershy to act because her friends cannot. In that case, she acts bravely and decisively. The most striking example of this is seen in Dragonshy. And when Rainbow Dash needed her help in Hurricane Fluttershy, she courageously refused to submit to her inner demons. Without this intestinal fortitude, she couldn't be one of the Elements of Harmony in the first place.

4. Fluttershy is beautiful and adorably cute. Do I really have to explain this one? I can mention her successful run as a model, her squees, and her interactions with critters. It shouldn't be legal for a mare to be so lovable! wub.png  If she can't make you go “d'awwww”, you have ice water in your veins. 

5. Kindness is Fluttershy's wonderful long-term response to the cruelty she endured as a child. This is her other great irony and it's also the most heartwarming part of her tale. This is a classic "from out of tragedy comes triumph" story. As far as we know, Fluttershy didn't suffer from material poverty or severe physical assaults. But the bully inflicted psychological trauma was as real as multiple kicks to the gut. You might feel I'm speculating too much to assume this was the cause of Fluttershy's problems. But I think Hurricane Fluttershy strongly implies this to be the case. We hear so much about the kids who grow up in hardship, misery, and fear. Many bullied children fall between the  cracks and become troubled themselves. What we don't hear about as often and take for granted are the hard knock kids who surmount those obstacles. Despite long odds, these unsung heroes go on to achieve in school and in life.  They refuse to let bad things dictate a life of crime or unhappiness.  The inner strength required to do this is substantial and it's another positive trait Fluttershy has. It also needs to be said that the support of her one true friend, Rainbow Dash, was instrumental in helping her pull through.

With her history of being mistreated by her peers, it would've been very easy for Fluttershy to embrace resentment and hatred. Nonetheless, she had a choice. She chose a different path and the doorway to that path was opened the day she fell out of the sky. The cartoon's unique perspective of her fall down from Cloudsdale can even be said to symbolize Fluttershy leaving the torment of the past behind and never looking back. A new life on the ground was a fresh start for her. She knew what it's like to be teased and hurt and so she practices the Golden Rule in her dealings with others. We don't know exactly what happened between The Cutie Mark Chronicles and the now except that Fluttershy grew up and became a professional animal caretaker. But all signs point to life being markedly better for her since leaving Cloudsdale.

Although the original wounds have healed, the scars remain. Sometimes present day events can rip them open again. In extreme cases, this old pain may manifest itself as hysterical crying, white-hot rage, or toxic meanness. Also, Fluttershy's shyness is so deeply rooted that, despite temporarily beating it a few times, she'll probably have to struggle with it for the rest of her life. But I'm glad she no longer has to go it alone because she now has five great friends she can lean on as she continues her journey.

• Brohoof 11

Pinkie Pie is BEST PONY XD I'm just kidding Fluttershy is the best pony for me XD

I'm sorry Andrea Libman that the pony you voice is not my favorite XD
Congratulations to Andrea Libman because she voices my favorite pony XD

(For those who does not understand: Andrea Libman voices both Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy) XD

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Fluttershy in a few words....... Freaking Adorable! there is not a mean bone in that ponies body,and shes always looking out for her animal friends, and we think thats just great. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've been in the Fluttershy fan club since I can remember, she is best pony after all. She partially reminds me of myself,I tend to extremely shy and awkward around new people But I also try to be helpful around other people.

Edited by Flutter Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Like RainbowDash, Fluttershy is a pony I relate with. I am very shy and quiet like her, and I am told that I am really good with animals. I certainly love them as much as she does! I also like that she's kind of a mellow more serious character (for the most part) in contrast to some of the other ones. She gives the ability for a lot more tones and plots for the show.

• Brohoof 1

We all got to love Fluttershy. She's so adorable. :3 

solo_fluttershy_by_bigccv-d66cx6f.gif I'm surprised nopony uses this as their avatar.

flutterfab_2_0_by_docwario-d5r7elw.gif Everypony loves her mane too; it's so unique. :3

fluttershy_paffendorf_dance_by_tomdanthe

• Brohoof 7

• 1 month later...