Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy Fan Club

Tomiix

14 hours ago, Writer Rhyme said:

I really like Fluttershy, because not only her kindness, but also because she's cute.

She become my favorite pony since  the episode in season 1 named ‘stare master’

She was my favorite pony since the pilot, but episodes like Dragonshy, Stare Master, and Hurricane Fluttershy among others firmly cemented her as my favorite and nothing has ever changed that all these years later.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy became my favorite pony since I started to find her cute and adorable, but she's a great singer too. Usually her animal friends can play charades like angel did and tries to tells fluttershy like what time it is and others.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Fluttershy became my favorite pony since I started to find her cute and adorable, but she's a great singer too. Usually her animal friends can play charades like angel did and tries to tells fluttershy like what time it is and others.

Fluttershy undoubtedly has the most beautiful singing voice out of all the Mane 6 and there's some good singers there.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, FlutterGuy999 said:

Fluttershy undoubtedly has the most beautiful singing voice out of all the Mane 6 and there's some good singers there.

Hopefully she can take pride of place with the Ponytones, although her EqG counterpart seems less daring.

Given her supermodel status also though, perhaps a movie role? :)

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Hopefully she can take pride of place with the Ponytones, although her EqG counterpart seems less daring.

Given her supermodel status also though, perhaps a movie role? :)

Regardless, she's always a star in my eyes.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I started watching this show with my sister last year after she found it on Netflix, but I personally became a fan around last Halloween after watching the episode Putting Your Hoff Down. I know that's not the most loved episode of the series, but it's what got me into the show and made Fluttershy my favorite character. She's an adorable sweetheart with a beautiful voice (Inspired by Snow White and Marilyn Monroe according to Andrea Libman and one of the writers), a talent for taking care of animals, and a badass when the time calls for it (And was very underused in the movie IMO). But that episode marked an important part of Fluttershy's character development. She was almost always afraid to stand up for herself so she tries to get some advice from the wrong person (Iron Will), but she ends up taking that advice to far and ends up acting like a bully and brings her friends to tears after calling their passions and careers worthless. Some people really hated that scene, but I think it makes perfect sense. She's been shy her whole life, was bullied a lot as a foal, and was being treated as a doormat as an adult. When people go through things like that, they probably will have several negative emotions buried in them. After deciding to act more assertive, she ended up letting those negative feelings out in not so good ways which ultimately lead to the lashing out scene. Often times we say some pretty nasty things when we're really angry. And by the end of the episode, she now learns the right balance between kindness and assertiveness.

latest?cb=20120305104823

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

I started watching this show with my sister last year after she found it on Netflix, but I personally became a fan around last Halloween after watching the episode Putting Your Hoff Down. I know that's not the most loved episode of the series, but it's what got me into the show and made Fluttershy my favorite character. She's an adorable sweetheart with a beautiful voice (Inspired by Snow White and Marilyn Monroe according to Andrea Libman and one of the writers), a talent for taking care of animals, and a badass when the time calls for it (And was very underused in the movie IMO). But that episode marked an important part of Fluttershy's character development. She was almost always afraid to stand up for herself so she tries to get some advice from the wrong person (Iron Will), but she ends up taking that advice to far and ends up acting like a bully and brings her friends to tears after calling their passions and careers worthless. Some people really hated that scene, but I think it makes perfect sense. She's been shy her whole life, was bullied a lot as a foal, and was being treated as a doormat as an adult. When people go through things like that, they probably will have several negative emotions buried in them. After deciding to act more assertive, she ended up letting those negative feelings out in not so good ways which ultimately lead to the lashing out scene. Often times we say some pretty nasty things when we're really angry. And by the end of the episode, she now learns the right balance between kindness and assertiveness.

Indeed. I think she NEEDED to lash out after the years of abuse she had put up with, and get it out of her system. Derpy is a better mailpony anyhow :)

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Indeed. I think she NEEDED to lash out after the years of abuse she had put up with, and get it out of her system. Derpy is a better mailpony anyhow :)

Agreed. Derpy/Muffins for the win! (XD)

I remember being surprised finding out about this episode being kind of divisive. I think it's actually one of the best episodes of the series and definitely one of the best Fluttershy centric episodes (Along with Hurricane Fluttershy, Stare Master, and Filli Vanilli). But hey, that's why all movies/TV is subjective.

3 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

Agreed. Derpy/Muffins for the win! (XD)

Yup. This isn't the Derpy fan club, so not going far down this path, but I love the whole concept of Derpy.  The fanbase embraced an animation error, and Hasbro/dhx took note of that, unrepaired the error (if you see Derpy in Boast Busters, she has normal eyes) and gave her a speaking part in the show, responsible jobs, and so forth. A perfect example of the inclusive attitude of both the fan base and the ponies of ponyville (as imagined by the writers), and it happened *entirely by accident*

I remember being surprised finding out about this episode being kind of divisive.

Well, this (and the Fake It 'til you Make It episode, for similar reasons) are uncomfortable to watch - At least with The Return of Harmony and The Mean 6 we knew it wasn't really Fluttershy acting out.

Hurricane Fluttershy is a bit uncomfortable for other reasons - while we see a little bit of the bullying Fluttershy had experienced in Sonic Rainboom and Cutie Mark Chronicles, we see how deeply tramuatized she IS by her past experiences, and when she raises her wingpower to only 2.3 after days of hard training, how can you not feel for her and with her? So ok, the pushes though that and wins the day, because this is PONY and we don't do bad endings. But still.....

10 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

latest?cb=20120305104823

Very well said, and I can tell you put in a lot of thought into what it is you wanted to say. Anyway, as I believe it is normally said; welcome to the herd and anyone who likes Fluttershy is automatically great in my books.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

latest?cb=20120305104823

One thing I think that all of us can agree on is that Angel was being an abusive little sh:yay:head towards Fluttershy which was really unwarranted on his part.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

latest?cb=20120305104823

Glad someone finally talked about this episode. I actually really liked it and understood why Flutters felt the need to act mean. She must’ve at least thought she was doing good when all the ponies in line let her go up front.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

Glad someone finally talked about this episode. I actually really liked it and understood why Flutters felt the need to act mean. She must’ve at least thought she was doing good when all the ponies in line let her go up front.

Well, there ARE separate threads for each episode :)

Part of the problem though is the reenforcement; after intimidating an entire LINE of standing ponies (and the idea that Flutters' had finally snapped IS pretty intimidating, given she can beat the snot out of bears) both pinkie and rarity praised her actions. Flutters DOES like being praised, as you can see at the end of Hurricane Fluttershy...

BestFlyer.png.762e19c91187e999595a0dc9ab6bd481.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
52 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Well, there ARE separate threads for each episode :)

Part of the problem though is the reenforcement; after intimidating an entire LINE of standing ponies (and the idea that Flutters' had finally snapped IS pretty intimidating, given she can beat the snot out of bears) both pinkie and rarity praised her actions. Flutters DOES like being praised, as you can see at the end of Hurricane Fluttershy...

BestFlyer.png.762e19c91187e999595a0dc9ab6bd481.png

I can relate to Flutters in the praising realm.  One of the 5 primary love languages that I appreciate the most receiving from others is Words Of Affirmation.  It's not necessarily a pride thing, it's wanting to know that your hard work has been appreciated.  The secondary one I appreciate receiving from others is Quality Time.  This one seems to be the love language that Fluttershy values the most from others, as can be seen from the book clubs she holds with her animal friends, her spa visits with Rarity, and her tea times with Discord among other things.

(On a side note, I think Fluttershy's snapping in that moment was warranted after that "A" hole pony purposefully cut in front of her and then tried to act like she didn't know what Flutters was talking about when confronted)

Edited by FlutterGuy999
  • Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, FlutterGuy999 said:

(On a side note, I think Fluttershy's snapping in that moment was warranted after that "A" hole pony purposefully cut in front of her and then tried to act like she didn't know what Flutters was talking about when confronted)

Oh, not disagreeing. Just pointing out that, like most of the Mane 6, Flutters is WAY overpowered, but with her social anxiety, most ponies in town seemed to be overlooking that. When she finally seems to have snapped, they are forced to deal with the fact that the lion they were poking with a stick just bit that stick in half and is looking a bit peeved about it....

So yeah, first pony, definitely got what she deserved; rest of the ponies? well, they probably had done SOMETHING to deserve it, but also probably were not in any immediate danger (although them retreating WAS an amusing scene)

Her attack on Pinkie? significant overreaction, and it just gets worse from there.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Oh, not disagreeing. Just pointing out that, like most of the Mane 6, Flutters is WAY overpowered, but with her social anxiety, most ponies in town seemed to be overlooking that. When she finally seems to have snapped, they are forced to deal with the fact that the lion they were poking with a stick just bit that stick in half and is looking a bit peeved about it....

So yeah, first pony, definitely got what she deserved; rest of the ponies? well, they probably had done SOMETHING to deserve it, but also probably were not in any immediate danger (although them retreating WAS an amusing scene)

Her attack on Pinkie? significant overreaction, and it just gets worse from there.

No arguing there in regards to Pinkie and Rarity.  Her verbal attacks on them were really hard for me to sit through and it's still a hard watch to this day.  :(

Edited by FlutterGuy999
  • Brohoof 1

In all honesty, though, I feel like Flutters had really earned that moment in Hurricane Fluttershy to bask in the praise she was receiving from everypony else after all she's been through in her life.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, FlutterGuy999 said:

In all honesty, though, I feel like Flutters had really earned that moment in Hurricane Fluttershy to bask in the praise she was receiving from everypony else after all she's been through in her life.

Speaking of Hurricane Fluttershy, that episode contains one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the series when Fluttershy has a panic attack after the first practice. Thankfully her animals restored confidence in her (Even Angel who can be a jerk at times).

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, FlutterGuy999 said:

Not going to disagree there either. While it is painful to see the damage thoughtless young fillies did to the young Fluttershy, She worked hard and earned the praise she got.

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Bas said:

Which episode with Flutters snapping out? Hurricane Fluttershy or Putting Your Hoof down?

Well, really the choice there is Putting your Hoof Down or Fake it 'till you make it - in both of those, Fluttershy acts obnoxiously, against her usual character. In Hurricane Fluttershy, Fluttershy trains hard and eventually though sheer determination breaks 5.0 wingpower - still not a lot by most pegasus standards, but a significant victory for our sweet shy pone.  On the other hand, Flutters has been pushing outside her comfort zone to do the right thing ever since the second episode, during the encounter with the manticore,  so that isn't really out of character for her either.