Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy Fan Club

Tomiix

3 hours ago, FlutterGuy999 said:

Got to meet the voice of Fluttershy herself, Andrea Libman, at the final BronyCon this past weekend.  Got a picture, an autograph, and a voice recording from her and I gave her a poem that I'd written all about Fluttershy.  She was such a sweetheart and a delight to meet.  Of course, what else would you expect from the Element Of Kindness?

IMG_20190802_160153173.thumb.jpg.e308d019ddf1339e7382f249a3b608a4.jpg

That’s awesome!

• Brohoof 5

On 8/5/2019 at 6:06 AM, FlutterGuy999 said:

Got to meet the voice of Fluttershy herself, Andrea Libman, at the final BronyCon this past weekend.  Got a picture, an autograph, and a voice recording from her and I gave her a poem that I'd written all about Fluttershy.  She was such a sweetheart and a delight to meet.  Of course, what else would you expect from the Element Of Kindness?

son of a frigging heck i should have done this

the lines for the meet and greets were so dang long though... how long did you have to wait?

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, be my waifu said:

son of a frigging heck i should have done this

the lines for the meet and greets were so dang long though... how long did you have to wait?

A good while.  I got in line a while before she came, but, by the time I got to the front row of the line, she had to leave for a panel she was taking part in.  She did promise though that she'd be back in an hour and a half or so and that she'd have more time for us then as she had no more panels afterwards.  When I got to meet her, I told her about how I have a huge crush on Fluttershy (which she thought was cute) and that Fluttershy has the most beautiful speaking and singing voice out of anypony else in the entire series (which she was grateful for me saying that).

• Brohoof 1

glad you got to talk to her, i might be a little jealous and sad that i didn't just bite the bullet and stand in line

28 minutes ago, FlutterGuy999 said:

I told her about how I have a huge crush on Fluttershy (which she thought was cute)

same tbqh

What Fluttershy Means To Me

I've dealt with general/social anxiety, Aspergers, and OCD my whole life. I can sometimes struggle communicating with people that aren't family, worry about things like germs, safety for myself and others, and things that happened in the past that I moved on from years ago, and focusing when there's a lot of stuff going on around me and a lot of thoughts in my head. Life can sometimes be hard because of that (It was really bad about 6 years ago, but thankfully I got better and discovered my love for film because of a former movie news show called AMC Movie Talk that calmed me down), but I'm glad I've improved and still have my great family.

I didn't start watching My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic until early last year, but was always somewhat intrigued by it because of the fanbase it managed to get and because of the really good documentary A Brony Tale. My sister later started watching it on Netflix and showed my siblings and I the first 3 episodes. I ended up really enjoying them and found them really sweet, but didn't consider myself a fan yet and really only watched the show when I was watching her. It wasn't until October 2018 when my family and went on a vacation where I couldn't get an episode out of my head. My sister and I watched the first half of Putting Your Hoof Down before we were getting ready to go back home. I deep down wanted to see how it ended so I watched the entire thing by myself and loved it. I found it to be very moving and it actually helped me move on from a similar mistake I made earlier that year involving lashing out like that. I was initially a little skeptical about telling my family that I enjoyed the show, but remembered a valuable lesson I learned from a hero of mine (Never be afraid to express your love for something).

After that, I started watching more episodes, became a huge fan of the series (It's now one of my Top 3 favorite shows), and could immediately tell that Fluttershy (Voiced brilliantly by Andrea Libman) was my favorite character. She's adorable, sweet, beautiful, has a lovely voice, and can be a serious badass (She has the Stare, reformed Discord and that Storm Guard and has been a vampire and a Hulk after all). I also think she has the best character development out of all the Mane Six (Not just in Putting Your Hoof Down). In Season 1's Dragonshy, she was so terrified of going on that dragon mission with her friends, but by Season 9's Sweet and Smokey, she excited to go to the dragon land to see all of the babies and is able to scold Garble and the others for bullying Spike. She still has her sweet, timid, animal loving personality, but she's able to stand up for herself  and even has a little bit of a dry sense of humor now. I also wish she had more to do/say in the 2017 film (Along with Applejack and The Storm King).

She's also the most relatable of the Mane Six for me. I can understand feeling uncomfortable when you meet new people for the first time and talk with them for a bit. Sometimes you don't know what to say or you're scared of what he/her will say to you. I also don't feel comfortable singing in front of others. There's a lot of songs I like to listen and sing to, but usually by myself. And I get not always having full confidence and believing in yourself. Being able to feel that confidence can be hard.

So yeah, MLP FIM and Fluttershy in particular mean a lot to me. She's earned a spot on my favorite characters list (Along with Spider-Man, Batman, Venom, Chewbacca, Indiana Jones, Andy Dufrense, Red, Predator/Yautja, etc. Sometimes when a feel sad, scared, or confused, thinking about the show and her can help a little bit. She truly is the best pony (IMHO of course). 

9543c8b98e7fa5880b6a9509c1e724a4.png

Edited by Spidey10
  • Brohoof 1

On 8/11/2019 at 2:42 AM, Spidey10 said:

What Fluttershy Means To Me

I've dealt with general/social anxiety, Aspergers, and OCD my whole life. I can sometimes struggle communicating with people that aren't family, worry about things like germs, safety for myself and others, and things that happened in the past that I moved on from years ago, and focusing when there's a lot of stuff going on around me and a lot of thoughts in my head. Life can sometimes be hard because of that (It was really bad about 6 years ago, but thankfully I got better and discovered my love for film because of a former movie news show called AMC Movie Talk that calmed me down), but I'm glad I've improved and still have my great family.

I didn't start watching My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic until early last year, but was always somewhat intrigued by it because of the fanbase it managed to get and because of the really good documentary A Brony Tale. My sister later started watching it on Netflix and showed my siblings and I the first 3 episodes. I ended up really enjoying them and found them really sweet, but didn't consider myself a fan yet and really only watched the show when I was watching her. It wasn't until October 2018 when my family and went on a vacation where I couldn't get an episode out of my head. My sister and I watched the first half of Putting Your Hoof Down before we were getting ready to go back home. I deep down wanted to see how it ended so I watched the entire thing by myself and loved it. I found it to be very moving and it actually helped me move on from a similar mistake I made earlier that year involving lashing out like that. I was initially a little skeptical about telling my family that I enjoyed the show, but remembered a valuable lesson I learned from a hero of mine (Never be afraid to express your love for something).

After that, I started watching more episodes, became a huge fan of the series (It's now one of my Top 3 favorite shows), and could immediately tell that Fluttershy (Voiced brilliantly by Andrea Libman) was my favorite character. She's adorable, sweet, beautiful, has a lovely voice, and can be a serious badass (She has the Stare, reformed Discord and that Storm Guard and has been a vampire and a Hulk after all). I also think she has the best character development out of all the Mane Six (Not just in Putting Your Hoof Down). In Season 1's Dragonshy, she was so terrified of going on that dragon mission with her friends, but by Season 9's Sweet and Smokey, she excited to go to the dragon land to see all of the babies and is able to scold Garble and the others for bullying Spike. She still has her sweet, timid, animal loving personality, but she's able to stand up for herself  and even has a little bit of a dry sense of humor now. I also wish she had more to do/say in the 2017 film (Along with Applejack and The Storm King).

She's also the most relatable of the Mane Six for me (Close second would be Twilight Sparkle). I can understand feeling uncomfortable when you meet new people for the first time and talk with them for a bit. Sometimes you don't know what to say or you're scared of what he/her will say to you. I also don't feel comfortable singing in front of others. There's a lot of songs I like to listen and sing to, but usually by myself. And I get not always having full confidence and believing in yourself. Being able to feel that confidence can be hard.

So yeah, MLP FIM and Fluttershy in particular mean a lot to me. She's earned a spot on my favorite characters list (Along with Spider-Man, Batman, Venom, Chewbacca, Indiana Jones, Andy Dufrense, Red, Sheriff Woody, Predator/Yautja, etc. Sometimes when a feel sad, scared, or confused, thinking about the show and her can help a little bit. She truly is the best pony (IMHO of course). 

9543c8b98e7fa5880b6a9509c1e724a4.png

I agree very strongly with what you've mentioned here.  Additionally, Fluttershy is the type of character I could see making for a great mother/wife and she has many of the qualities I look for in a potential mate.  As far as my list of cartoon crushes/waifus goes, Fluttershy ranks at #3, behind Belle from Beauty And The Beast at #2 and Ariel from The Little Mermaid at #1, but at the same time there are other entries I've crushed on long before Fluttershy who rank lower than her.  I've probably already mentioned this before in this forum, but I believe that Fluttershy is essentially Hasbro's version of a Disney princess without them explicitly saying that she's a princess.  All I know is that she can be the ruler of my heart any day.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, FlutterGuy999 said:

I don't know about you, but I've always had a thing for girls in strapless dresses.  :squee:

FB_IMG_1565748163519.thumb.jpg.e309df8d0e853e87252a11b6bb37fb23.jpg

Not really my "thing" but as it's Fluttershy, I can make an exception :)

i do think she should be blushing slightly too, though :)