Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Great and Powerful Trixie Fan Club

Tomiix

WOOT! It's resurrected :D

And yes, I totally need to be a member of The Great and Powerful Trixie fanclub. She is just too awesome not to be in it.

If it was up to me, Trixie would be in every episode of season 3. EVERY. DARN. EPISODE.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. have some Trixie GIF's. Lemme just put them under this spoiler tag.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(note that I did not make any of these, nor do I own them. just postin' 'em for you to enjoy.)

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Trixie? Meh... She's but a loudmouth. Truth be told, I despise her attitude in S1E6.

Criticizing Trixie in the Trixie club? Almost like screaming "Guns should be illegal!" at an NRA convention. The noise you hear is Trixie laughing at your foolishness. Then again, She also respects your courage.

Your life shall be spared. Forever remember how you, a mere mortal, insulted Her Trixieness and lived to tell the tale.

___

What's great about being a Trixie fan is that you can give thoughtful, serious praises of her one moment and then go all over the top Trixie worship the next.

EDIT: Bump-ed. Wait, can I bump when I made the last post? I think so...

Edited by Starswirl the goateed
  • Brohoof 1

Any theories on how Trixie makes a living?

She charges no admission fee to see her show (which, I must add, alone makes up for her arrogance in the fact that she puts on performances for free that bring joy to many a pony) and nowhere is she shown receiving tips. While pincones don't cost much money, I'm sure that she needs to spend something every now and then.

Personally, I think that she simply must request tips/donations at the end of her shows. Either that or she has family money.

(edited)

Oh look the thread is nearing the bottom of the page again so let's fix that.

EVERYONE GIVE YOUR LOVE TO TGAP TRIXIE!

No this thread will not die. Someone help me boost it back to the front.

Edited by TGAP Trixie Sparkle

• 1 month later...

Which wallpaper should I use?

1) http://cripplergfx.d...paper-287208219

2) http://bardiel83.dev...paper-290332823

3) http://theunsespecte...paper-291515271

4) http://bluedragonhan...paper-291810363

5) http://vexx3.deviant...paper-297946775

____

And three questions to hopefully start discussion:

1) Who is best Trixie voice actor in the Brony community? I'd say Lauren Goodnight (she voiced Trixie in "Magic" and "EPRBOE #1"), but then again there just aren't very many fanimations or songs with Trixie VAing.

2) With the Brony community, and therefore the Trixie-loving community, ever growing in size, do you think it will soon be possible to hold a "Trixie-Con" for us Trixie fans? It'd need 100-150 people to be a success. We would invite Kathleen Barr (Trixie VA) and we'd...well...

3) If a Trixiecon is possible, what events would take place?

_____

I'd prefer to be able to stop bumping this. But it's been a month. Oh well.

Come on, there should be plenty to discuss. Trixie's

coming back in season three

for Celestia's sake! How ought Hasbro to best reintroduce her?

I am not entirely sure, as it will depend on exactly what the crystal empire is/who the antagonist is/etc. However, I can at least say what I hope Hasbro has NOT done. I pray to Celestia that Hasbro has not said "After feeling sad over a negative reception in Ponyville, Trixie became the epitome of evil in Equestria and went on a killing rampage." because that would undermine the coherency of the plot. I hope they also won't make her just say "Oh, what a terrible pony I was! All of you Mane 6 ponies are so wonderful, I am so sorry for everything that happened and completely recant my previous personality!", as that would kill her character. And I beg Hasbro not to depict Trixie as a serial liar because she once invented an interesting story about herself to present as part of a stage act.

Edited by Starswirl the Trixied

@

I was personally hoping for a redemption episode at some point. Trixie may be fun as she is, but I'd hate for her to always be remembered as a villain... :(

That said, things will probably stay the way they are. In one of the recent posters the Hub gave away at Walmart, it showed a collage of all the "chaos" characters. Discord, Nightmare Moon, the Diamond Dogs and Trixie were there, just to name a few. They're probably going to continue to take advantage of her image.

@

I was personally hoping for a redemption episode at some point. Trixie may be fun as she is, but I'd hate for her to always be remembered as a villain... :(

That said, things will probably stay the way they are. In one of the recent posters the Hub gave away at Walmart, it showed a collage of all the "chaos" characters. Discord, Nightmare Moon, the Diamond Dogs and Trixie were there, just to name a few. They're probably going to continue to take advantage of her image.

The problem with a "redemption" episode is that Trixie hasn't done anything that needs redeeming. She told a false story about her life to entertain people and had too big of an ego; that's it. Trixie has far fewer faults then some of the Mane cast. She is very self confident, perhaps too much so, and her main concerns may lie with her personal greatness instead of with the happiness of other ponies.

So what? In Nietzschan terms, Trixie is the successor of Zarathustra, an ubermensch who rejects the Equestrian slave morality. Is her moral code better than that of the Mane 6? No, but at least Trixie defined herself. She should be depicted as a romantic (or Byronic) hero: A lonely, wandering genius who symbolizes or is characterized by a trait that others have abandoned in the name of civilized society. She can never be perfectly reconciled with society, but she is certainly not an omnimalevolent evil. Trixie is Trixie. That is what fascinates me about her, and how I think she should be in Season three.

• Brohoof 1

*Some Season Three Spoilers below*

I'm really quite worried by the coming of season three's new depiction of Trixie. Hasbro has so far made a show that I find beautiful due to its moral ambiguity. With Chrysalis/the new alicorn antagonist, I fear that they may resort to more conventional villains. Not only would this be quite bad for the show itself, but it would probably spell bad things for Trixie. Since she only appeared in one episode, no matter what happens with her probably over half of all pre-S3 fan content about Trixie will be invalidated (well, at least it will contradict canon). Her personality hasn't been developed very strongly yet, meaning that Hasbro could interpret her character a few dozen different ways.

This is pretty worrisome, as I think the return of Trixie is, while necessary, a possible existential threat to the "Trixier" sub-fandom. In addition, there is some reason to believe that S3 will have a single plotline that runs throughout, perhaps with the occasional side episode. I just think that it's impossible to present and wrap up the Crystal Empire and Ponyville Armageddon events in two episodes (maybe they are two different two-part episodes). With that in mind, Trixie is likely to appear more frequently then just a return for a single two-part. It is clear that Hasbro added Trixie back in, and not, say, Gilda, because Trixie is much more discussed in the Brony community and (hopefully) because she has a great many Brony fans. So, time for some tough questions. Maybe they're coming too early, but S3 can't be more than six or seven weeks away.

1) If Hasbro changes Trixie into some all evil, horrendous villain, could you still say that Trixie is your favorite pony?

2) Do you feel that her return will resolve or fuel the pro-Trixie vs anti-Trixie debates that seem oh so common on these forums?

3) Do you have faith that Hasbro can keep up its trend of morally ambiguous villains in MLP:FiM and that Trixie will follow this trend in her S3 encore?

For me...

1) I hate to say it, but probably not. It would be just so non sequiter that my opinion of the show as a whole would be greatly reduced. While I could argue that Hasbro made the wrong call, I can't say that my favorite pony is only fanon. Derpy Hooves fans at least loved a fanon character who did not utterly contradict canon.

2) Between Trixie's first appearance and the resolution of the plotline she's a part of, expect a Trixie war on the forums. At every episode in which Trixie is depicted negatively, expect plenty of "I told you so! She's the epitome of evil and deserves to die!" posts. By a week or two after the end, however, a resolution will have been reached as Trixie's character will have become much better established.

3) I just don't know.

(Sorry to bring up such sad topics.)

• 2 months later...

First to anwser the questions above...

1. Yes, I love trixie. She is by far my favourite character at this point, and even if she is changed, there is always the old Trixie there.

2. I'm sure there will be a few debates, about whether Trixie is amazing and great and powerful, but if she redeems herself, everyone will see she was a good pony after all, and if not, hey look I now have a favourite villian and can spread that around. I doubt it will be to much however.

3. Big words, to tired to look them up even though I should no what they mean, in fact I probably do but again to tired for my brain to work.

Now onto why Trixie is so amazing, she is freaking great and poweful. Anyways I again love Trixie and have decided this thread will become my home from now on.

• Brohoof 1

First to anwser the questions above...

1. Yes, I love trixie. She is by far my favourite character at this point, and even if she is changed, there is always the old Trixie there.

2. I'm sure there will be a few debates, about whether Trixie is amazing and great and powerful, but if she redeems herself, everyone will see she was a good pony after all, and if not, hey look I now have a favourite villian and can spread that around. I doubt it will be to much however.

3. Big words, to tired to look them up even though I should no what they mean, in fact I probably do but again to tired for my brain to work.

Now onto why Trixie is so amazing, she is freaking great and poweful. Anyways I again love Trixie and have decided this thread will become my home from now on.

Hooray, a new reply! After three months of delay we're back in business. Let's try to make this the biggest fanclub on the forums.

When people ask me, "Why do you like Trixie?", I point out that they're really asking another question at the same time: "Why do you not despise Trixie like a sensible person?"

As to the first question, I don't expect people to like her as much as I do. It's a matter of taste, and I personally just so happen to like Trixie. Not really the subject for a grand debate.

But I DO debate claims like "Trixie is an awful pony." I don't care if you hate her color scheme or voice, although both are awesome. I do, however, feel the need to debate people on her morality, for that is a far grander issue.

People usually attack Her G&Pness for three things: Lying, arrogance, and jerkness. I'll debunk all three.

Lying- Trixie's a stage performer. She told a false story about her life to entertain ponies. All magicians I've seen have told life stories as part of the show, stories that somehow fit in perfectly with the act. They're pretty obviously made up, but who cares?

Arrogance- Watch "Boast Busters" carefully and you'll notice a direct correlation between the mumber of people Trixie is talking to, as well as the mood of the setting, and her level of arrogance. Therefore, we can conclude that most of the arrogance is just acting. Trixie isn't delusional; she just chooses to be ridiculously arrogant onstage as part of the act. She doesn't believe that she is "the greatest equine to have ever lived", that much is clear.

Jerk- Haters point to two scenes: Trixie versus the Mane 6 and Trixie's conversation with S&S. in the first, just imagine the situation in RL. A magician is performing and is being very arrogant. Some people start booing and shouting at the magician. Angry, he asks them if they think they can do better. Three people say yes and one by one storm the stage to compete. All three are publically humiliated. Who's in the wrong here?

As for S&S, Trixie didn't thank them for bringing her a drink. That's not a crime against humanity. Overall, Trixie sometines says things that are rude, but she doesn't do anything bad.

Some people are just scared that their favorite Mane 6 pony could actually have a moral flaw, so they delude themselves and claim that Trixie must be in the wrong with everything. Now consider that she gives free public performances and that, when the town was under attack, Trixie was one of two pobies who tried to stop the Ursa. "Awful pony" my plot.

You don't have to love Trixie. Just stop the vitriolic attacks on her. Stop hatin, start participatin.

Edited by Starswirl the Trixied
  • Brohoof 2

Hooray, a new reply! After three months of delay we're back in business. Let's try to make this the biggest fanclub on the forums.

When people ask me, "Why do you like Trixie?", I point out that they're really asking another question at the same time: "Why do you not despise Trixie like a sensible person?"

As to the first question, I don't expect people to like her as much as I do. It's a matter of taste, and I personally just so happen to like Trixie. Not really the subject for a grand debate.

But I DO debate claims like "Trixie is an awful pony." I don't care if you hate her color scheme or voice, although both are awesome. I do, however, feel the need to debate people on her morality, for that is a far grander issue.

People usually attack Her G&Pness for three things: Lying, arrogance, and jerkness. I'll debunk all three.

Lying- Trixie's a stage performer. She told a false story about her life to entertain ponies. All magicians I've seen have told life stories as part of the show, stories that somehow fit in perfectly with the act. They're pretty obviously made up, but who cares?

Arrogance- Watch "Boast Busters" carefully and you'll notice a direct correlation between the mumber of people Trixie is talking to, as well as the mood of the setting, and her level of arrogance. Therefore, we can conclude that most of the arrogance is just acting. Trixie isn't delusional; she just chooses to be ridiculously arrogant onstage as part of the act. She doesn't believe that she is "the greatest equine to have ever lived", that much is clear.

Jerk- Haters point to two scenes: Trixie versus the Mane 6 and Trixie's conversation with S&S. in the first, just imagine the situation in RL. A magician is performing and is being very arrogant. Some people start booing and shouting at the magician. Angry, he asks them if they think they can do better. Three people say yes and one by one storm the stage to compete. All three are publically humiliated. Who's in the wrong here?

As for S&S, Trixie didn't thank them for bringing her a drink. That's not a crime against humanity. Overall, Trixie sometines says things that are rude, but she doesn't do anything bad.

Some people are just scared that their favorite Mane 6 pony could actually have a moral flaw, so they delude themselves and claim that Trixie must be in the wrong with everything. Now consider that she gives free public performances and that, when the town was under attack, Trixie was one of two pobies who tried to stop the Ursa. "Awful pony" my plot.

You don't have to love Trixie. Just stop the vitriolic attacks on her. Stop hatin, start participatin.

Can I frame Trixie's actions but change the context? Suppose I'm in the park and someone's playing tennis. A few people are watching since the person is reasonably talented. They say that they are one of the greatest players in the world and have beaten professionals before. I, having watched professionals play, find fault with this person's allegations. The person challenges me to a match and I accept. I quickly take a massive lead ( Since AJ, Rarity and Dash DID outperform Trixie) only for the other person to tell me that I have no chance of winning, assault me, mock me, and walk off. Now I'm not going to paint this person as pure evil or anything but are they at least being a jerk?

Can I frame Trixie's actions but change the context? Suppose I'm in the park and someone's playing tennis. A few people are watching since the person is reasonably talented. They say that they are one of the greatest players in the world and have beaten professionals before. I, having watched professionals play, find fault with this person's allegations. The person challenges me to a match and I accept. I quickly take a massive lead ( Since AJ, Rarity and Dash DID outperform Trixie) only for the other person to tell me that I have no chance of winning, assault me, mock me, and walk off. Now I'm not going to paint this person as pure evil or anything but are they at least being a jerk?

Well in that context it looks bad. You need to remember that context is just about everything in this situation. The main thing being that Trixie does this as her job. Her way of living. It's her job to be a performer of magical arts, in a world where magic is common place. And no one is ever gonna just want to watch magic in that kind of world, if they would want to, they'd want to watch the best of the best preform magic.

And to be fair, while what she did to AJ, RD and R might have been a bit overboard, they did go up there willingly, intent on upstaging a show that they really should have just walked away from if they didn't like it. But they went up their, and Trixie turned their tricks against them. AJ did rope tricks, Trixie used rope too to upstage her. RD used weather manipulation, Trixie did so too. And Rarity used magic to alter looks, and Trixie used magic to alter looks, though not for the better, which was obviously the intent. So technically they didn't upstage her, and she didn't plain assault them, Trixie used their skills and used them to look better and entertain the crowed. All of it was to preform a good show for the observers, which clearly enjoyed watching the show.

Overall, the real villian in that episode was society. Or alternatively Snips and Snails, they are the one who, ya know, brought a deadly monster to town.

• Brohoof 1

But Trixie doesn't play tennis.

She was doing a performance, not a competitive sport. It's not abnormal to challenge someone to a match of tennis. No one would question such an action. It is far from normal, however, to actively try to upstage a performance. Even if you come down on the side of the Mane 6, their actions should be scrutinized. As to whether Trixie was beating them in the competition or not is up for debate, although it isn't particularly interesting; in reality it just depends on what exactly the "duels" were about.

One may say "But the Mane 6 shouldn't have been forced to watch her perform if they didn't like it!" Exactly, they could have just left. After all, attendance was free. If they, for whatever reason, wanted to duel Trixie, than they could have done so after the show. While Trixie's aggression may have been a bit overkill, what was she supposed to do? The front row was booing her; when she called them out they only grew louder in their protests. Had this been in a real, privately-owned venue security would have thrown them out immediately. But it was in a public place, and as such Trixie had few options. Almost everyone, when put in her situation, would resort to a duel; what other good option is there? The only truly reprehensible action Trixie did was to hit Rainbow with a lightning bolt after the latter had left the stage...

I'm joining this. Trixie might be a bitch at times, but she's still a decent character. Look past her arrogance; there's something to be gained here. I hope Trixie comes back.

What's this? Someone who can be reasonable and think another pony is best pony while still liking Trixie? Madness!

And with that post the fan club is officially ahead of Twilight's in terms of posts, making this the second most posted in fanclub thread (behind Rainbow's by a light year, no real chance of surpassing that one).

• Brohoof 1

No we shall surpass Rainbow Dash. Why would we do that, because we all love the Great and Powerful Trixie who is obviously Great and Powerful and has so much stuff to discuss about her... such as the fact of how she might be when she (Spoiler in paretnhesis since I am to lazy to make the spoiler thing) returns.

I agree, the noblest course of action would have been just to leave. However keep in mind that when they interrupted her performance it was because she challenged them "Trixie is most certainly the best in ponyville" and " Anything you can do, I can do better" By then she is actively fishing for people to try to outperform her, turning it into a competition, hence the tennis analogy. You shouldn't be complaining about them trying to upstage Trixie, she was literally asking people to try! And if we're talking about politeness, wouldn't it have been more polite of Trixie to actually attempt to follow up on her promise and try to do better than them? It's like challenging someone to a juggling contest and after their incredible routine pelting them off the stage with juggling balls and claiming victory. Isn't that kind of a jerk move?

And if we're talking about privately owned venues, it is generally frowned upon to attack a member of your audience with a lightning bolt.