Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Great and Powerful Trixie Fan Club

Tomiix

Trixie came back for revenge because her life was pretty much ruined. Keep in mind the first thing she did after “Boast Busters” was try to restart her career, not seek revenge. It was only after she was made fun of and reduced to working manual labor that she became bitter and angry. I also think Trixie’s plan for revenge was just to humiliate Twilight, but the amulet warped her personality and whatnot.

• Brohoof 1

They were dillholes to her in Boast Busters, IMO. The way she acted, is on par with a great magician, and Dash and AJ kinda called her out on it, that's why she did alot of those tricks on them. The Ursa story was just to build her show if anything, and she kept the act even off the set, to maintain the illusion. Snips and Snails are the real ones at fault for the Ursa Minor attack, but no one blamed them.

• Brohoof 2

They were dillholes to her in Boast Busters, IMO. The way she acted, is on par with a great magician, and Dash and AJ kinda called her out on it, that's why she did alot of those tricks on them. The Ursa story was just to build her show if anything, and she kept the act even off the set, to maintain the illusion. Snips and Snails are the real ones at fault for the Ursa Minor attack, but no one blamed them.

The Mane 6 didn't really do much of anything to her though. She made up a story about the Ursa. An Ursa showed up and she couldn't defeat it and she looked like an idiot. She brought it all on herself.

• Brohoof 2

The Mane 6 didn't really do much of anything to her though. She made up a story about the Ursa. An Ursa showed up and she couldn't defeat it and she looked like an idiot. She brought it all on herself.

Again, that's how a magician works. They sell themselves, but making everyone think they're the shit. If they're going to believe the bragging of an illusionist, then I have a plot of land on Mars I'd like to sell them. The Ursa Minor wouldn't of happened, if Snips and Snails weren't ass retarded, but no one seemed to give a crap what those two idiots do. And you'd think at least one pony would've known wtf an entertainer is.

• Brohoof 2

Again, that's how a magician works. They sell themselves, but making everyone think they're the shit. If they're going to believe the bragging of an illusionist, then I have a plot of land on Mars I'd like to sell them. The Ursa Minor wouldn't of happened, if Snips and Snails weren't ass retarded, but no one seemed to give a crap what those two idiots do. And you'd think at least one pony would've known wtf an entertainer is.

Except Magic isn't an illusion in Equestria. The things she was doing on stage were not just cool tricks, she was literally showing off how powerful a unicorn she is.

• Brohoof 2

Except Magic isn't an illusion in Equestria. The things she was doing on stage were not just cool tricks, she was literally showing off how powerful a unicorn she is.

Illussion IS magic. It's a legitimate form of spell casting, in many fantasy worlds, which is exactly what she was doing.

• Brohoof 2

that's how a magician works. They sell themselves, but making everyone think they're the shit.

That is most certainly not how a magician should be. Trixie is much better in the comics, she doesn't pull that arrogent "Im better than you" crap.

Edit: I might have misread that, I see you meant building up her image, my mistake.

Edited by 1CJB
  • Brohoof 2

That is most certainly not how a magician should be. Trixie is much better in the comics, she doesn't pull that arrogent "Im better than you" crap.

That only happened, after Dash and AJ questioned her abilities.

• Brohoof 2

Illussion IS magic. It's a legitimate form of spell casting, in many fantasy worlds, which is exactly what she was doing.

I mean "illusion" as in parlor tricks or sleight of hand. The kind of tricks magicians in our world do.

What she did on stage was not any kind of illusion.

She actually hypnotized Applejack and tied her up, caught Rainbow Dash in a little tornado etc.

Plus she straight up said "anything you can do, I can do better" and challenged the ponies of Ponyville.

• Brohoof 3

I mean "illusion" as in parlor tricks or sleight of hand. The kind of tricks magicians in our world do.

What she did on stage was not any kind of illusion.

She actually hypnotized Applejack and tied her up, caught Rainbow Dash in a little tornado etc.

Plus she straight up said "anything you can do, I can do better" and challenged the ponies of Ponyville.

Hypnotizing is debatable, but since magic exists in Equestria, it would've been done magically, and Hypnosis is a spell in the illusion school. As for her additude, yes a bit overboard, but like you said with magic being real, she wouldn't of did well if she was told everyone she was "ok with magic" or "probably the same level as all of you".

It's not different then listening to a professional wrestler, or someone on stage; they're gonna spew a load of bullshit to get attention.

• Brohoof 2