Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's the poster pony for Friendship Is Magic

TheMarkz0ne

Who is the pony that is the poster pony for Hasbro's hit show My Little Pony Friendship is Magic? In my personally opinion and it's really hard to avoid my bias for rainbow dash. But it is rainbow dash. When I buy some merchandise such as the rubber brony bracelet and my brony shirt. Rainbow dash is on there. She seems to cover a good chunk of the merchandising. You figure they would make Twilight the pony to represent the series. Since she is the leader in the show. Why are they marketing rainbow dash too much?

The name "Rainbow Dash" has sort of been synonymous with My Little Pony for a while; she's always kind of been the poster pony for the franchise, a name you'd recognize even if you've never watched the various shows or bought the various toys. Ponies, little girls, and rainbows. It just kinda went together.

Rainbows are much more noticeable than any single color, too. If there were two different boxes on a shelf at a toy store - one featuring Twilight Sparkle with purple all over, and the other featuring Rainbow Dash with rainbows all over - which one would you notice first? That's why Hasbro seems to use Dashie a bit more, I think.

• Brohoof 1

When ever Hasbro makes My Little Pony toys, is it just me or is Pinkie Pie always the main pony for the toy merchandise?

I think that Pinkie Pie is the main pony for the toys. But when it comes to the Brony merchandise, I think that Rainbow Dash is more of the show pony for the Bronys instead of Pinkie Pie, who is more of the little kids show pony. :)

So far Rainbow Dash has been the de facto poster pony, seriously she is EVERYWHERE and on everything at least when it comes to bronies. Though it is really hard to pick a spokespony because nearly every has a favorite and some have a couple of favorites I have said many times that Applejack and Luna are tied for my favorite and Twilight Sparkle is a very close second for me. And my favorite background pony is Derpy, she has a lot of potential as a character to really reach out to people who are seen as different and is completely adorable. All the mane 6 are extremely important to the show so I think it should be all six of them should be the spokesponies if anything.

Like everyone has already said, Rainbow Dash is the poster pony for FIM. If you had lined up all of the mane six in an aisle, I would notice her first, because her color scheme stands out the most over the others. Even though Dashie is my favorite, it would be nice if the other ponies had a chance to be featured in more merch.

Though, I think Derpy has recently been seen in a lot of products and merchandise as well. Seriously, she's everywhere now (and I have no problem with that XD).

• Brohoof 1

I see a lot of Rainbow Dash popularity hype, but as has been said there is probably a lot more Fluttershy hype. Twilight would make sense to be the cover pony of course, but why not Pinkie Pie? A lot of people love Pinkie Pie, she's probably 3rd on the list below Rainbow Dash.

And shes like by very many people.  And also, rainbow mane.  Children, teenagers...everyone loves that.

And that, of course. Who doesn't like Rainbows? aside from me

Rainbow Dash, of course. Her likeness is on alot of the accessories, and most of the most welll known catch phrases are from her. I can blame her for getting me into MLP, or atleast planting the seed subliminally. 

I feel that something similar happend with MLP as with Pokemon (The original poster pokemon was supposed to be Chansey I believe, but Everyone loved Pikachu from the show so the creators went with it.)*

I feel that originally it was supposed to be Twilight but another character (probably Dash) became more popular so people equate that pony with MLP.

*Note: this is just me relaying a rumor i heard a while ago don't quote me on this)

I feel that something similar happend with MLP as with Pokemon (The original poster pokemon was supposed to be Chansey I believe, but Everyone loved Pikachu from the show so the creators went with it.)*

I feel that originally it was supposed to be Twilight but another character (probably Dash) became more popular so people equate that pony with MLP.

*Note: this is just me relaying a rumor i heard a while ago don't quote me on this)

~quoted~

But seriously if that's what has happened, i'm going to get a might wound up when Rainbow Dash becomes the main focus of the story. And I don't think i'll be the only one. Sure...i'll be in the minority, but still.

~quoted~

But seriously if that's what has happened, i'm going to get a might wound up when Rainbow Dash becomes the main focus of the story. And I don't think i'll be the only one. Sure...i'll be in the minority, but still.

I don't think that they will bring Dash in as the "Main Character" but in all of Season 3 Twilight Sparkle (the supposed Main Character) has only had 1 episode focus on her so far. We have seen more of some of the other characters (AJ, RD, and even Spike) more then we have seen her.

I don't think that they will bring Dash in as the "Main Character" but in all of Season 3 Twilight Sparkle (the supposed Main Character) has only had 1 episode focus on her so far. We have seen more of some of the other characters (AJ, RD, and even Spike) more then we have seen her.

Maybe it's just down to the fact i've probably only watched every MLP episode once, aside from the first 10 that I can recall word for word, but I think it's about time the other characters got a few more episodes dedicated to them. Not just the main characters either, but more on the CMC, even though I dont like them, and for the love of Celestia we need more Luna! Also, bring back Chrysalis. 

It's gotta be Dash, even in the old generations. Before I had ever watched FIM the only pony I could recognize or even know the name of was Rainbow Dash. Even when I was little and my sisters had toys from old gen 1 and 2 the only one I could name and recognize was Dash. She just stands out from the rest I suppose. 

It's gotta be Dash, even in the old generations. Before I had ever watched FIM the only pony I could recognize or even know the name of was Rainbow Dash. Even when I was little and my sisters had toys from old gen 1 and 2 the only one I could name and recognize was Dash. She just stands out from the rest I suppose. 

But Dash didn't exist in G1 or G2, unless you're talking about Firefly.

We need more balance, though.  I get that dash is very popular, but so is Rarity, and I've seen only oen Rarity related piece of merch, as opposed to at least half a dozen for Dash.  Hell, I've seen more for Dr. Whooves than Rarity.

But Dash didn't exist in G1 or G2, unless you're talking about Firefly.

We need more balance, though.  I get that dash is very popular, but so is Rarity, and I've seen only oen Rarity related piece of merch, as opposed to at least half a dozen for Dash.  Hell, I've seen more for Dr. Whooves than Rarity.

Then who was it I was seeing.....O.O lol guess I didn't know them as well as I thought. Ah well not a fan of previous gens anyway no point in figuring them out now lol.

And I agree, Rarity is severely underloved in the merchandising world, which made it difficult to find and buy my sister a birthday present. I see Dash everywhere or if not Dash Fluttershy.

Pinkie and Dash are merchandised by Hasbro a lot more than the other four ponies, for the most part; whether it's brony content or kid toys. They're the loud ones with the spotlight-stealing personalities, and Dash especially is a tomboy, a very popular character type, especially in a cartoon. I'm gonna go with Dash too. Whether you like her or not, she's really got the widest spread across MLP merch and other visual mediums like logos.

Rainbow Dash. She's the most loved character from the show (next to Fluttershy), and, in my opinion, she defies the opinion of MLP only being for girls best, showing an action-loving, thrill seeking character. Also, I saw her on a poster at Hot Topic when they were advertising MLP merchandise there. Need I say more?

Well I think that Rainbow Dash has a good majority of the merchandise that hasbro makes, but the character who seems to be the focus of the actual series is Twilight. Even if the others have almost as important roles, she has kinda had that Main character feel to her ever since the first season.

I think Rainbow Dash has the most merchandise though, atleast for bronies.

• 8 years later...