Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Member Interview Series

Harmonic Revelations

I look forward to reading more of these and would be open to an interview myself.  One of my favorite things to hear about from fans are how they became Bronies.  I think they are all interesting ideas.  I like to listen to or watch interviews on youtube and Everfree radio as well.

• Brohoof 1

So, quick suggestion/question;

Are you planning on interviewing one, or more, of the most well known fans of each pony? I think that would help with my prejudice against some of the ponies... :|

• Brohoof 1

Well then, this seems like a fantastic idea!

I don't know if you have anyone planned, but doing some mods/admins/faces that EVERYONE knows would probably be a good way to start. I'll be monitoring this thread.

And I'm popular, right?

How are the selections going to be made? Is it going to be you pick people? Or maybe it'll be a poll after you selected people to choose from?

• Brohoof 1

I got a question btw, even if this may sound stupid.. I'm going to ask anyways :P.

So are all these interviews being posted on this thread? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything, because I'm gonna make sure I follow this so I can know when a new one comes up, and when you do a new interview is it going to be edited to the OP?

Sorry for my ignorance in advance, I just felt i needed to clarify this. To make sure I understand whats going on.

I'm probably going to make each new addition it's own post, I have several reasons for doing this. One of them is so that I can make sure people following the thread can know when I upload a new interview. And yes, they will all be in this thread.

• Brohoof 3

This really is a good idea, and I hope it can last for a really long time. I can't wait for the next interview. I wonder who it will be.

(edited)

(Revised my intro, sorry, I was in a hurry this morning)

Interview #2: Dashforever

I had the opportunity to talk to the wonderful Dashforever. I asked some old questions, and some new questions. For my next interview onward I'm going to be using an entirely new set of questions

1.) When did you first become a fan of My Little Pony, and was there anything in particular the led you to enjoy it?

It was an extremely gradual process. Around April of last year I discovered TV Tropes, a wiki dedicated to analyzing (and overanalyzing) pretty much everything. I started to notice that a lot of pages linked to FiM. Like as many as Harry Potter. And some of the links sounded pretty cool. Bad@$$ Pegasi based off of the Blue Angels? A reality trolling Chaos God? Anyhow towards the end of August my family was going on vacation and while I was surfing Youtube waiting for them to finish packing I discovered one of the Epic Rap Battles of Equestria, and it got stuck in my head for the entire weekend  :). When I got home I said to myself "Screw it, I'll watch an episode." Then the comedy and all of the relatable characters that bounced off of each other in interesting ways made me want to watch ALL the episodes. Each of the Mane Six were so different, and yet I found something to appreciate about each of them either immediately or after they had a good episode under their belt. I sort of fell in love with them as it were (especially the blue one  ;) ). And that's how Equestria was made.

2.) Has the community here on the forums changed your life in any significant way?

You know, I didn't really see it coming but definitely yes. I joined a few MLP forums before settling in this one, mostly because this place seemed to have friendlier and more interesting people than the others. And I was right. I think I'll always cherish the time I've spent here and all of the quirky and lovable friends that I've made. I'd like to thank all of the great people that I've met, my life is definitely better because of you.

3.) What section of the forums do you enjoy the most?

Ooh, I've been enjoying Cloudsdale a lot recently, what with playing around in wacky threads and making people rate the avatars that I change three times a day but I think Show Discussion is still my favorite, because I love analyzing the show and seeing all the insightful things people think of and hopefully sharing a few of my own. There isn't anything quite like a really juicy thread in that section for me.

4.) What's your favorite thing about Rainbow Dash?

No easy questions huh? Rats. If I must choose something then I'd say that watching her makes me feel free, like I can do anything and that I can achieve my dreams if I just keep pushing for them. If anyone wants a more in depth look as to what I like about her, they can skim this blog post I made a few weeks ago.
http://mlpforums.com...e-rainbow-dash/
It was really hard narrowing it down to one thing  :(

5.) What's your opinion on Season 3 thus far?

Well, I don't like to evaluate things before I've finished them as a general rule but I can do it. There are a few things that I haven't liked as much, such as the lack of episodes focused on the Mane Six as a group so far. I realize that it's probably that way because of the shortened season, but part of me misses episodes like Swarm of the Century or even the Return of Harmony where there was something for everyone and we could just have fun watching them all be crazy, adorable and amazing. I'm also a bit bummed about the lack of a Rarity episode. Now that I've got that out, I love Season Three. It has given development to characters like Spike, Scootaloo and Applejack who were relatively neglected in previous seasons. Trixie and Discord now have potential to be used in interesting ways in the future. The animation and writing are as good as or even better than ever, especially with the addition of Corey Powell. Rainbow Dash even seems to be being characterized better. I think that unless it ends on a very low note it may end up as my favorite season so far.

6.) What is your favorite thing about MLPforums?

Again, really hard. There seems to be something here for everyone. I think that my favorite thing is that I feel at home here, and I can talk about ponies, my life, anything, with all the great people that I've met.

7.) Do you believe in magic, in a young girl's heart?

But of course I do  :)

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 17

Hmmmm, this sounds interesting. I will be sure to follow these, entertaining read. 

How do you go about choosing members to interview?

It would be cool to be chosen, but I highly doubt I'm well known enough >.>

Edited by ~Lawful Jordo~
  • Brohoof 1

Hello!

This is such a wonderful idea! This should let other people get to know the more famous ponies on the forums a bit more :P Wouldn't we all want to hear the deepest secrets of them all?

I'll be checking up on this thread daily for new interviews.

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 1

Now this is a good idea! I think it will be good for the newer members to know a bit more about the well accomplished members of the forum. Plus reading interviews is always entertaining!

• Brohoof 1

Hey, this is a pretty fine idea :) Those first two interviews were super interesting... and there's five more to come as well. I have a feeling the very last interview will be Feld0 n.n

• Brohoof 1

Hey, this is a pretty fine idea :) Those first two interviews were super interesting... and there's five more to come as well. I have a feeling the very last interview will be Feld0 n.n

When did you suddenly assume that I was only doing seven interviews? You might have misread, I was doing seven questions per interview, not seven interviews. I was planning to do these perdiodically for quite a long time, certainly more than seven.

Dayum, this series looks like it's gonna be pretty fun. One question; how do you pick people anyways, though? I want to be interviewed :3.

I pick randomly

Hmmmm, this sounds interesting. I will be sure to follow these, entertaining read. 

How do you go about choosing members to interview?

It would be cool to be chosen, but I highly doubt I'm well known enough >.>

You could be chosen, I pick randomly, no prerequisites needed. (Besides being online often enough that you'll be able to answer)

Hello!

This is such a wonderful idea! This should let other people get to know the more famous ponies on the forums a bit more :P Wouldn't we all want to hear the deepest secrets of them all?

I'll be checking up on this thread daily for new interviews.

That's a good idea, considering I'm not doing them at a set interview, it could be tomorrow, it could be three weeks from now, I'm not going to tell you that.

• Brohoof 2

When did you suddenly assume that I was only doing seven interviews? You might have misread, I was doing seven questions per interview, not seven interviews. I was planning to do these perdiodically for quite a long time, certainly more than seven.

I pick randomly

You could be chosen, I pick randomly, no prerequisites needed. (Besides being online often enough that you'll be able to answer)

That's a good idea, considering I'm not doing them at a set interview, it could be tomorrow, it could be three weeks from now, I'm not going to tell you that.

Dang, man. I really want to be interviewed (Now you can take me into consideration)  :(. Looks like I gotta play the waiting game..............unless I give yah a nice reward to put me on top spot ----> [$1,000,000]

Oooh, that reminds me; will you try to interview most (if not all) of the big members here (That are willing to, of course. Of course you can squeeze some smaller ones into the mix as well)? I have a feeling luck will go against me and I'll be put off for so long I won't be able to be interviewed.

Edited by  spas-ticShotty 
  • Brohoof 2

Ah, that was the case... silly me. I need to refuel myself with some Tango Cherry. :3 Well, that's even better news - more interviews than expected! Definitely looking forward to the next one, these first two were great reads.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Remember how I said I didn't have set intervals for release? That's never been more true, because interview 3 is already done, and it's quite a good one to be honest.

Interview #3: Spas-tic Shotty

I had a lovely interview with an Applejack fan that practically everyone on the forums knows. I asked him a few questions, and well, these were the answers. And no, I did not accept any kind of bribe to interview him.

1.) Do you feel Applejack gets enough screen time?

Hmmm..................for the first two seasons, I'd say definately no, but S3 has been pretty generous in that regard  :). I like seeing mah girl get some more love, although it does annoy me when people say she gets too much, which ain't true at all. Maybe we're so used to seeing her seen so little that when we see a lot of her some peeps automatically judge that as too much screentime for the poor country mare  :(.

2.) How does the forum community affect you personally?

Well, it obviously keeps me entertained, and I like conversin' with the people here. Even though I've had ups and downs with some of the people here, I at least like most, if not everyone here. TBH, most of mah friends are actually here, not in the outside world. I like you guys more than the people I hang out (Although I like most of the people I know as well), and to be seperated for a while from the forums (Like mah 7 day suspension) is very hard for me to cope with......at least on the first day of said/break (Hence why I am massively afraid of being banned). It gets pretty lonely when I have barely anyone to play with.

3.) What is your favorite Applejack episode and why?

Mah fav Applejack episode is also mah favorite episode in general; Apple Family Reunion. First of all, baby Applejack is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I can only imagine the diabeetus-inducing image of the little baby gal crawling on her parents all happy and such........speaking of which, I also really like this episode because now we know her life has had a tragic part in it; her parent's deaths. It was pretty depressing to know the girl also doesn't have the support from her parents.......I mean she already does a fantastic job on keeping the farm stable and such, but still, after realizing her parents died in this episode, I came to like her even more. Plus, seeing AJ cry is always a heartbreaker  :(. But yeah, there was also her determination to make the event the best one ever, and it was funny and cute trying to see her create all these weird/tiring/dangerous events and such.

4.) How do you feel about Season 3?

I dunno what it is, but, I'm not feeling as good about it as S2. S1 was a bit cheesy for me, S2 was pretty good, and I admit, S3 is very good IMO as well, but, there's something, just something lacking from it that I can't determine......I dunno  :huh:.

5.) What is your favorite thing about MLPforums?

Mah favorite thing here is the people. Like I said, I like probably everyone here, and there are a lot I REALLY like. Of course, I'm sorta in love with Clarity (Who ain't probably coming back after what happened the other day  :( ) and I'm super good friends with Lightning Fluttershy. I've also talked to some other dudes and dudettes here personally, and I liked them a lot :3. There was a reason why I got hit so hard with the suspension early on; I couldn't talk to anyone here for a while.

6.) How do you feel about the now confirmed Twilight Alicorn story arc?

I think she looks pretty  :). As for the other stuff, I never really thought of the Twilicorn scenario to be anything bad, although I can see why some people have their jimmies rustled. We'll just see how it turns out.

7.) How do you feel about the Placebo effect?

Placebo effect? What placebo effect  :huh:?
Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 17

This is a nice thing you have got going on here. It's a joy to read all these interviews, and I look forward to reading more when you post them.

• Brohoof 3

I just now realized after seeing this topic surface that my notifications for following topics where screwed up. So I missed these last two updates :/.

Anyways that shouldn't be a problem now :).

They're all very interesting to read I get to read about all the sweet people on the forums :). And since I try my best to know like everypony I hopefully won't be having any times where I'm like.. Who is that?

Anyways keep the good work up Harmonic :), it's been a pleasure to read these.(Even if I couldn't due to notification failure.)

Hopefully now with all the time I spend on the forums I won't miss any :P. Atleast not for very long..

• Brohoof 1

I like reading these :3 I'm glad three are out already. It will be me soon. Muahaha.

But really, keep up the good work. Except spoilers. Everyone wrecks everything on here >:c

• Brohoof 1

Oh well this thread is quite interesting.  You better interview @Crispy, 'cause he's cool.

Also I will leave this thing here and hope you'll understand what I mean...

hand_raising.jpg

• Brohoof 8

This is really good so far. And it's not like there's any shortage of people wanting to be interviewed, but if you're looking for a random nobody to interview, I can at least guarantee that I'd be available pretty much all the time, and will respond quickly. Just sayin'.

You better interview @Crispy, 'cause he's cool.

Oh, Jokuc, staph.

img-1132733-1-3980534_o.gif

Last three interviews have been pretty interesting.  Definitely a thread I'll be watching in the upcoming days.

• Brohoof 8