Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Member Interview Series

Harmonic Revelations

Very cool of you to do this HR, getting to know a little bit more about what other members think about stuff is very interesting. :)

And, of course, I'm always up for something like this, if you want to. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Sure, sounds cool to me!!!  If you ever want, I'd be more than happy to conduct an interview anytime; sounds like a lot of fun indeed!!!  Feel free to add me to your list and contact me via PM anytime you want!!!  Good luck with the interviews!!! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Interview #4: Twiliscael

I had a chat with a wonderful brony who I didn't have many (if not, any) opportunities to talk to before. Without further a due, let's get to the questions.

1.) How do you feel about the whole Twilight Alicorn situation?

Okay, okay. As you probably know, I freaked out.  So many things about it seemed so wrong. The whole idea of it was very stupid to me. Everything, from the simple idea of my Twilight becoming a Mary-Sue, to the thought of the impact it would have on all the other characters, to the style of her mane. None of it worked. However, after the first stages of denial and grief and hatred passed, I realized that I was being the stupid one, not the creators. I should have had faith in them and their writing ability, and I do now. Hell, it's written by M.A. Larson, the one who wrote the Return of Harmony. This isn't going to be so bad now is it?

2.) What's your favorite thing about Twilight Sparkle?

Oh god, so many things. She reminds me a lot of myself; introverted, condescending, studious, bad under pressure. That kind of stuff.  Also, she is one sexy mare, amirite? (Out of context, let me just insert commentary, he's right)

To be honest, I'm really not quite sure why I love her so much. I guess true love doesn't need an explanation <3

3.) How do you feel about Spike?

Neutral. I do like Spike, don't get me wrong. However, I do not like how they are trying to ease him into the show as a more central character. I mean, sure, he's funny and cute and all, but if they wanted him to be a part of the main 6 (7?) characters, they should have established that looong ago, back in the beginning of season one, not towards the end of the second season and moreso in the third.

4.) Has the forum community affected you personally? If yes, then how?

Definitely. From the first post I made here, just another noob on the welcoming thread, I was greeted, praised, questioned, and most importantly, liked. I honestly think that if everyone hadn't have been so hospitable and welcoming, that I wouldn't be here. I can honestly say that you guys are like a second home to me, you're there for me, we can have fun, joke around, and we support each other when we need it. You guys are the best.

5.) What's your favorite thing about MLPforums?

METAL THREAD.

On a more serious note, my favorite thing about MLPForums has to be the awesome community we have here. We have people of all ages, sexualities, genders, races, beliefs, and much more and we all manage to get along. I've made many good friends, had a great time, and I plan to keep on at it. Just the fact that I'm being interviewed right now is another example of how great you all are.

But srsly guise metal thread.

6.) What's your favorite Twilight episode and why?

Lesson Zero, for sure. Oh boy, I love that one. It's absolutely hilarious, character developing, witty, cute, satirical, and well written which are all things that I hope for in every episode. It's one of the "creepier" episodes, which happen to be some of my favorites. Funny story, the same thing actually happened to me that Friday, the day before, except that none of my friends took me seriously after-the-fact. When it happened to Twilight, I felt like it was ME. Close second would have to be Metal Gear Pony It's About Time.

7.) To be or not to be?

To tree

img-1134972-1-37000_-_axe_fluttershy_flu

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 19

This is a turkey amazing idea.

Seriously. I love that you did Twiliscael!! Such an interesting person :P

Now I'm kind of excited of who you'll pick next... Hopefully it will be me xD

EDIT: Silleh iPad, I said truly, not turkey!!

Edited by Octavia's Cellozoid
  • Brohoof 1

I'm so very glad you added this edit.  I thought you were trying to make a Scootaloo joke but I didn't get it.  hahaha

And yea, definitely loving all of these so far.

• Brohoof 1

This is a turkey amazing idea.

Seriously. I love that you did Twiliscael!! Such an interesting person

Now I'm kind of excited of who you'll pick next... Hopefully it will be me xD

This idea is indeed turkey amazing, don't you think?

I don't know who I'll pick next, it's not yet been decided who I'm going to interview next.

• Brohoof 1

This idea is indeed turkey amazing, don't you think?

I don't know who I'll pick next, it's not yet been decided who I'm going to interview next.

Tukeh!!!!

See if you can get Feld0! I'd love to see some answers from him. Or maybe someone who's made something. Artist, writer, song maker. Something of that nature.

I'M an artist!!! :D *wink wink*

Seriously. http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

And my overall art- http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Let me know if these don't work, I'll just post every link if the don't... :/

EDIT: Looks like they don't. I'll get on that momentarily.

DONE and it's all in the spoiler.

Edited by Octavia's Cellozoid
  • Brohoof 1

See if you can get Feld0!  I'd love to see some answers from him.  Or maybe someone who's made something.  Artist, writer, song maker.  Something of that nature.

Creating a community and writing thousands of lines of code for a pony-centric web app doesn't count as making something? :(

Might I throw in a little suggestion, @Harmonic Revelations? Add a direct link to every post in this thread containing an interview to the OP, for easy browsing. I love these and greatly enjoyed reading them, but having an easy directory of the interviews themselves would make them a great deal more accessible.

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to the next one. :)

• Brohoof 17

Creating a community and writing thousands of lines of code for a pony-centric web app doesn't count as making something?

Touche', sir.  Touche'.  But you're really just a very talented enabler.  haha  Besides, I can't throw you in the same realm as the rest of us.  That's like saying Princess Celestia is a main character, when we all know she's the best background pony that silently watches and controls everything.  :D
  • Brohoof 2

Hey Harmonic, you should totally interview me because I know people are so interested about me and what I have to say. *coughcough*

Nah but really, you choose randomly right? I have my fingers crossed that I get picked. :P

• Brohoof 4

Creating a community and writing thousands of lines of code for a pony-centric web app doesn't count as making something? :(

Might I throw in a little suggestion, @Harmonic Revelations? Add a direct link to every post in this thread containing an interview to the OP, for easy browsing. I love these and greatly enjoyed reading them, but having an easy directory of the interviews themselves would make them a great deal more accessible.

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to the next one. :)

NO GO WRITE LIKE SEVERAL MILLION LINES OF CODE... THEN WE SHALL RECOGNIZE YOU AS WORTHY...

I'm kidding I'm kidding :). Please don't smite me :(.

I am in agreement on the suggestion btw, mostly because I'm lazy but I still like reading these :D.

• Brohoof 1

wo~ow, this is a really interesting read! i might suggest a few people, all are in the general chat thread, and if you ever need to just interview someone at random, you can always ask me for one, i'd be happy to answer some questions!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have an interesting interview for you today.

Interview #5: Harmonic Revelations (Revised)

I was originally going to do someone who is very busy, however, I sent them the questions about three days ago, so I thought I'd get something out of the way. I have decided to interview a member who is totally unheard of, it is a chap who goes by the name Harmonic Revelations. Let's dive into obscurity and begin our adventure!

(Edit, I have revised this)

1.) How did you first become a fan of My Little Pony? Did anything in particular lead you to enjoy it?

Well, that's a hard question. I first became a brony around the middle of the first season, when a few of my friends on the Newgrounds forum had pony icons. I assumed that the show had to have a reason for the hype, and checked it out, I was really into it from that point on. I suppose the something specific that led me to enjoy MLP was how much it reminded me of the old 90s cartoons that I watched in my youth. I also noticed that it was an easy way to escape from my day to day troubles.

It did wonders for me as far as stress relief, and cured my depression. I am seriously happier now than I have ever been previously in my life. Although it's not only the show itself that makes me happy, but the forums and the wonderful users that are on it.

2.) What's your favorite thing about Princess Celestia?

I like many things about Princess Celestia. I suppose a major one is that she reminds me of myself in that she often has to make decisions no one can make, or no one is willing to make. Another reason I like Celestia so much is that she is a generally benevolent ruler and treats all of her subjects with respect. Plus, let's face it, she is beautiful.

She is understanding, and has a good sense of humor. She does not overreact when she learns that Fluttershy kidnapped her bird, and reacts very casually. Also, she has a kind of "I am treated royally but don't want to be" kind of vibe about her, which is admirable. Another thing about her is how quickly she forgives Luna after they defeat Nightmare Moon in the pilot. I know that it's very hard to forgive someone (Or in this particular instance, somepony) who has hurt you.

3.) What's your favorite episode and why?

If I had to distinguish which of the episodes was my favorite, I'd say it was Keep Calm and Flutter on, mainly because it left it up to the viewer to decipher whether or not Discord was truly reformed. Plus, it had both Celestia and Fluttershy screen-time, which is always nice. I also liked the prospect of it encouraging to give people a second chance when they have wronged you. Not to mention it had the classic Discord humor that we all know and love mixed in there.

4.) What is your favorite thing about MLP Forums?

I'd have to say my favorite thing about MLP Forums is the community. The community here is by far my favorite out of any community on the internet. I've made a ton of great friends here and the users are willing to get things done and support each other. I can safely say I was honestly pleasantly surprised at how accepting and nice the community is. Not to mention the amazing staff team, who have a great sense of humor. 

This is a place I can fit in and speak freely, and for me that is the greatest feeling in the world. I am treated nicely and am respected, and when you don't really come from a loving family, that can make you the happiest person in the world.

I love you guys.

5.) What are your goals in the community?

I'd love to one day produce brony music. I've always loved producing music. In addition making people laugh is something I like quite a bit and I've been told I'm pretty good at it, I can't say I disagree.  I have a wit about me that is sharp. However, sometimes I can be a wise guy. I'd say my ultimate goal is to have fun, as cliche as that may seem to you.

6.) How do you feel about Alicorn Twilight?

I don't mind. The writers have done a good job with the show so far, and I place my full confidence in them. We don't even have that much information on exactly how the whole scenario will play out, so I can't say much about it. I can't express opinions on something I know nothing about. What I do know is that M.A. Larson is a talented writer (He wrote "The Return of Harmony") and I believe that he can make the best of it.

After seeing the episode, I can assure you that he did a good job, and I am positive that the Season 4 primere will roxers ur boxers, I can tell you that.

7.) I haven't heard of you, why did I interview you?

Beats me. Maybe because I'm charming, charismatic, witty, clever, and egotistical.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 18

You interviewed yourself o-o? Interview ception.. :P

I am always interested in hearing more about people on the forums. Because well. Idk maybe I just am bored :P. It makes me feel better acquainted with the various forum members here.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, now I've seen these before... I would totally be happy to be interviewed for this type of thing. That is, if you wish you want to pick me of course... 

• Brohoof 1