Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Mane 6 Character

Shanks

Rainbow Dash is my least favorite, but I admire her perseverance towards her goals and her dedication to do the right thing, even if it costs her her dreams.

That and the further character development she has had in Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolt Academy have propelled her to my third favorite. I think she may have matured the most out of the Mane 6 yet still has many of the positive qualities she already started the series with.

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate or dislike any mane6...

But the order of who's my favorit and who's my least favorit keeps changing... Except for rarity and rainbowdash... Raritys always 1 and rainbows always 2 on my list... But as of now, pinky is my... Number 6 favorit...

Something nice I gotta say is... She is totally awesomely randomely awesome!!! She always breaks the forth wall wich is the best thing ever... And... There is no word that describes how awesome she is!

When I first hird about mlp... The only names I knew before I watched the show were... Pinky pie, applejack and rainbowdash...

From the adds on tv and such... Lols

I could say enough nice things about Twilight to fill up a blog post, but I'll limit myself to saying that she's funny, adorable, well-developed, relatable and an all around amazing character.

• Brohoof 2

My least favorite, you probably know who she is. She was fantastic in Wonderbolts Academy, she almost looked like other pony, and she has a nice and hard plot. That's all I can say about her.

the episode A Dog and Pony Show she even used what in most other contexts would be negative traits to outsmart the diamond dogs for that reason that episode is my favorite one focusing on Rarity.

"A Dog and Pony Show" is your best example to show how Rarity's "negative " traits outweights her possitive ones? please don't make me laugh. In the first place, they are antagonists, they kidnapped her and enslaved her, of course it wasn't showed as true enslavement for the sake of the show. Rarity was smart and played smart with them given that chance that they were extremelly dumb. She doesn't need fists and kicks to defeat her opponents all the time. Please pick a better scenario of why you believe Rarity is your least favorite because this one is not convincing at all.

My least favorite, you probably know who she is. She was fantastic in Wonderbolts Academy, she almost looked like other pony, and she has a nice and hard plot. That's all I can say about her.

"A Dog and Pony Show" is your best example to show how Rarity's "negative " traits outweights her possitive ones? please don't make me laugh. In the first place, they are antagonists, they kidnapped her and enslaved her, of course it wasn't showed as true enslavement for the sake of the show. Rarity was smart and played smart with them given that chance that they were extremelly dumb. She doesn't need fists and kicks to defeat her opponents all the time. Please pick a better scenario of why you believe Rarity is your least favorite because this one is not convincing at all.

Actually what I said was in the show they often overemphasize her negative traits over her positive ones which I believe limits the potential of her character. And I did not intend A Dog and Pony Show as an example of her negative traits I merely said that in that episode she used traits which in most situations would be incredibly annoying and uncalled for like whining, complaining and being just a tad manipulative and in this case used them in a positive manner. I agree she played smart and it was hilarious seeing the diamond dogs be played for saps that is precisely why that is my favorite episode involving Rarity. 

My intent of making this topic wasn't to bash Rarity or try to justify why she happens to be my least favorite, it is simply to get people to think about their least favorite mane 6 character and actually think about what they actually do like about that character. This topic was inspired by a friend of mine who unlike me actually does hate Rarity and I keep telling him "she is not THAT bad dude." Why she is my least favorite is because of what I mentioned earlier about how her negative traits are often overemphasized at the expense of her positive traits in many episodes which I feel stunts her potential as a character. This makes it harder though not impossible for me to relate to her as a character than the other mane 6 characters.

• Brohoof 1

Actually what I said was in the show they often overemphasize her negative traits over her positive ones which I believe limits the potential of her character. And I did not intend A Dog and Pony Show as an example of her negative traits I merely said that in that episode she used traits which in most situations would be incredibly annoying and uncalled for like whining, complaining and being just a tad manipulative and in this case used them in a positive manner. I agree she played smart and it was hilarious seeing the diamond dogs be played for saps that is precisely why that is my favorite episode involving Rarity. 

My intent of making this topic wasn't to bash Rarity or try to justify why she happens to be my least favorite, it is simply to get people to think about their least favorite mane 6 character and actually think about what they actually do like about that character. This topic was inspired by a friend of mine who unlike me actually does hate Rarity and I keep telling him "she is not THAT bad dude." Why she is my least favorite is because of what I mentioned earlier about how her negative traits are often overemphasized at the expense of her positive traits in many episodes which I feel stunts her potential as a character. This makes it harder though not impossible for me to relate to her as a character than the other mane 6 characters.

I never thought that you created this thread to just bash on Rarity. But I think that A Dog and A Pony Show was a very bad example to prove your point, the part when she whined and complained, was completely fake, that was part of her "act". But it's not secret that she can complain about things on a regular basis, it's a matter of tastes actually, and see how much you can tolerate it.

Now you say that her negative traits are "overemphasized" and affects her character, you may be right, from your point of view that is, if bringing accesories for every event or fangirling over crystals is negative to you, so be it, I can't blame you for that. But her possitive traits are there, and her potential as a character had been shown already. There's nothing else to develop or evolve. Rarity has such a complex personality that if you don't sit and watch her parts in the show carefully you wouldn't understand how deep she is as a character and how much she has to offer. You will see her as a whiny, manipulative, vain and superficial little bitch that only cares for her appearance.

again I am not blaming you, I'm just giving you my thoughts about how you used that episode as an example.

Edited by Sparkity
  • Brohoof 1

My least favorite mane 6 pony is Pinkie Pie, but I have so many nice things to say about her:

I love that she has a bubbly personality and is the most "cartoonish" of the main ponies.

I love that she occasionally breaks the 4th wall, and brings out her party cannon when it is necessary.

Let's face it, Pinkie is awesome and random and I like that about her because that's just her being Pinkie Pie  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Okay, let's see here.

I like her accent.

Umm...

I like her hat.

And I like the way she killed the Timberwolves to save Spike.

I also like how she can raise this barn, raise this barn, 1, 2, 3, 4.

I don't hate Rainbow Dash, but I'm not a big fan of her overly aggressive approach to certain situations.  That said, she really is the Element of Loyalty.  Dash is one pony that will never, *ever* give up on a friend.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy managed to tame Discord when nobody (except perhaps Celestia, but she might be omniscient, so that doesn't count) thought it would happen. 

Fluttershy... usually pulls through in the end, I guess? She's also fairly attractive in her way, but the Mane 6 all have their own appeal as well as most of the background characters.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy. This is easy. She's adorable, she's the star of one of my favorite episodes (Hurricane Fluttershy), she's shown great character development in that episode plus Keep Calm and Flutter On (for once, a Fluttershy episode that doesn't focus on her social anxiety), she's kind, her voice actress is awesome, she has an amazing singing voice...

Um...she's definitely improved since the first season, I guess?  -_-

That's not saying much, really. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 3

Rarity tries very hard.  When she wants to do something, she is extremely determined to do it correctly and to do it well.  She's also quite intelligent and knows how to get what she wants (even if it isn't in the... most generous... of ways).

• Brohoof 1

Out of the mane 6, huh? ...

I guess that would be Rarity. I don't hate her at all, though. In fact I like her relationship with Sweetie Bell and her passion about creating dresses for other ponies. It kinda reminds me of what I... used to want to do, but can't anymore and that makes me wish I had her passion. Maybe then I wouldn't have given up that easily about being a programmer.

Her "Drama Queen" bit can get annoying, though, but I guess that's just part of her being a fashionista and all.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie - Has a very caring side to her which I first fully noticed in Lesson Zero. Wish she'd show it more. She also forces songs onto us. We like songs (most of the time).