Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Mane 6 Character

Shanks

I like all the mane 6 and the rest of the cast.  At the end of the day my least favorite would definitely go to Applejack.  My reasoning being that she just does not feel as fleshed out as the rest of the cast and she seems to have less characterization than her sister who is only a supporting role.

However, I have to say something nice now.  She always works so hard and does everything to the best of her ability.  In fact her desire to please her family was so great that she created an awful reunion, and was unable to see that they weren't enjoying it for the simple fact that in her mind she had done the logical thing of taking what they wanted to do and working harder at it.  This is in essence her core trait, not honesty, but rather diligence.  She takes everything she is doing and does 134%.  At the end of the day she has her faults like all the rest, but she will keep on trucking simply because she feels the need to.  The best example of this was Applebuck Season, where she was destroying her body to keep a promise to her brother.  Initially I viewed her lack of willingness to accept help as a matter of pride, but looking on it in a different light I see it that if she accepted help she wouldn't be keeping her promise.  She isn't a liar and that is something deeply tied to her character as seen by her element.

• Brohoof 2

AJ, probably.

I don't actually dislike her. Something nice about her ... Well, most of her traits and actions are actually nice, I'm just rather irritated by those "redneck" moments she and her family have here and there.

Applejack is a little more country than characters I usually like I will admit that, but I think the "redneck" moments haven't been all that glaring for me but that might be my favorite pony bias talking.

My least favorite would have have to be Applejack.And some things i like about her are...

1.Honest

2.athletic

3. She grow apples (which are my favorite fruit)

Thats all i can think of right now.

Applejack

I have nothing against you and i like how honest and athletic you are, but im the most of times you never do anything, or at least in the new season you are never showing up for me to at least put you on my 5th place ;(

Edited by Wheatley

I wouldn't say that Pinkie Pie is my least favorite, but she does make me facehoof sometimes, mostly when she says stuff like "sparklerific"

other than that i love her just as much as the others

Now I don't hate any of the Mane 6. I love all of them so much. But my least favorite would be Applejack. I want to like her more, but his character is very boring and I usually don't like her episodes as much as the other ones. There are some things I do like about her.

She has my favorite design out of the Mane 6. I love her hair and her hat.

She has some cute moments and her pet is adorable.

I like her accent and she is pretty good at singing.

She has some good humor moments.

Fluttershy. Well, uh she's got a nice color scheme. And uh, nice mane. Yeah. She's got a good singing voice. Um, uh, I think that's about it.

Edited by Slime Knight Callisto

Applejack is a little more country than characters I usually like I will admit that, but I think the "redneck" moments haven't been all that glaring for me but that might be my favorite pony bias talking.

Well, I'm not a big fan of farms and farm life ... so what call redneck bahaviour might just as well be "countryside manners", either way that and the extreme cowgirl accent make me kind of like her less than the rest.

I just can't help it, from time to time, I have to imagine her sitting before a trailer with a shotgun, spitting chewing tobacco. I know, I know, my mind is a creepy place.

Twilight Sparkle - In spite of me finding her character boring and really disliking her design, I can relate to her in her naivety and lack of social experience, and find that she is an interesting character particularly in the first two episodes where she refuses to socially interact in favor of researching Nightmare Moon. 

Twilight Sparkle is definitely my least favorite, but I don't dislike her. She's pretty cool. And I like all the cool tricks and powers she has shown off, not to mention the bout of craziness she had in Lesson Zero.

So Twi, you're alright in my book.

Even though I strongly disliked Rarity from the beginning, there are a few things I admire her for. She can be creative, she has shown a few cute moments, and her rivalry with Applejack can be very entertaining. There have even been times where she would actually assist Applejack or show respect for her.

I sometimes get the feeling that Rarity can be a good friend sometimes, but she is still my least favourite pony out of the Mane 6.

I don't dislike any of the Mane 6. I guess Pinkie is my least favorite, but she's super adorable and a great friend. She also knows how to throw a kickin' party. :P Her songs are pretty catchy and she knows how to put a smile on anyone's face.

Twily's at the bottom of that list, so...

Tara Strong is an awesome voice actor.

Lesson Zero was an awesome episode.

You ever see Friendship is Witchcraft? Twilight's pretty awesome in that.

Celestia - The main problem I have with her is this one: She is the most powerful being in all of Equestria, but most of the time she leaves the big problems for Twilight and the others to solve. I just think thats a little... Lazy, on her part. And even though I really dislike her, I LOVE her voice, as deep and calm as a female's voice can be.

Edited by ~Proton~

Rainbow Dash is my least favorite, but I still love her.

Specific things that I like about her:

- She stands up for her friends.

- She is brave and  heroic.

- I like her coloring.

- I like her voice.

- It is cute when she sometimes gets sentimental.

- She is almost as adorable as Twilight when she gets excited about something. 

- I liked her design for her gala outfit more than Rarity's. 

Applejack seems to be the type of pony to appreciate the simple things in life, something I try to do as much as possible. I really like that aspect. There is a lot that I am liking about Applejack more than before, but she is very plain in comparison to a lot of characters on the show. Maybe that is the point though...

FLUTTERSHY, I REALLY LIKE YOUR MANE (ovshly hasn't been done before)

No, really. Fluttershy has a cute voice at least, I mean, she does share the same voice actress, in that one song of the season 3 finale she sounded at one point exactly like Pinkie, that takes skill, man :UUU

Applejack is a very mature, strong, and determined pony who tries her best to always be there when her friends need her.

She's my least favorite mainly because she's the pony out the Mane 6 who tends to capture my interest the least amount of times. I still like her, though.

Applejack seems to be the type of pony to appreciate the simple things in life, something I try to do as much as possible. I really like that aspect. There is a lot that I am liking about Applejack more than before, but she is very plain in comparison to a lot of characters on the show. Maybe that is the point though...

As someone who has long had Applejack as his favorite I think that she is a good example of a seemingly simple character done right, she dosen't have Twilights OCD like qualities, Fluttershy's extreme shyness, Rainbow Dash's brash arrogance or Rarity's sometimes selfish and vain yet sometimes generous and caring attitude yet is still a very compelling yet underrated character. One thing I have learned about characters is that it is often what is implied and not even necessarily what is stated about that character that makes them come alive, case in point Applejack's parents.

It is never stated in the show what happened to them but is confirmed by staff on the show that they are dead as someone who has had to take care of his terminally ill father who passed away last year this fact about her really spoke to me. Here was this young filly forced to grow up too soon by becoming a mother figure to her younger sister and help run the family business. And here she was in the Apple Family Reunion episode trying way to hard to make everything perfect to honor the memory of her parents, that made it my favorite episode of the entire season and finally got this Applejack fanboy to decide what his favorite Applejack episode is.

• Brohoof 1